SiouxSports.com Forum

Green Jerseys

sioux24/7

I would disagree that T Rex is in the minority. There are less than 20 siouxsports.com posters who have pledged for this.

I am with T Rex; if the athletic dept, with a budget in excess of $20 million, does not feel it is even worthy of a reply to Ira or gfhockey, then they don't need to tap into my meager resources to replace the jerseys they currently have.

The past two seasons the program has been able to produce a complete set of uniforms; why would they not be able to only afford jerseys for this season?

As far as the popular opinion, Bubba stated that he has heard from many alumni and former players that they want green jerseys. He himself also stated, on the live chat held during national signing day, that he wants green home jerseys. Also, just because there are only 20 willing donors on this site, that doesn't mean it's a minority opinion. It simply means that there is a limited amount of people willing to make a monetary donation.

Also, it is my understanding that they replied to Ira and said they are looking into alternative fundraising options. Not that they don't want to raise anything.

• 3 months later...

I see Northern Arizona also has adopted the alternate helmet color idea.

Priority #1 for UND needs to be green jerseys, though. They should be Nike and of the same style as the black and white jerseys. Hopefully some kind of fundraising happens so that the jerseys can be obtained by the start of the season. Fans and student-athletes both deserve to see/wear their primary school color - let's get nice green jerseys!

The uniforms arms race keeps on going and we keep being left in the dust. We need to sign a deal with a company.

Would like to see a deal with Nike, being most UND teams currently have Nike uniforms. Hockey may be the reason a deal has not been signed - I'd imagine the hockey program is satisfied with Reebok.

Priority #1 for UND needs to be green jerseys, though. They should be Nike and of the same style as the black and white jerseys. Hopefully some kind of fundraising happens so that the jerseys can be obtained by the start of the season. Fans and student-athletes both deserve to see/wear their primary school color - let's get nice green jerseys!

Let's just hope UND doesn't jump on the "anthracite" train that everyone from Arkansas to West Virginia to OK State seems to be boarding these days...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone needs to provide some sort of insight on the Adidas deal or whatever UND is planning in terms of uniforms/apparel moving forward...

Need new green home jerseys.

Yes we do. I've noticed that some players have Adidas shoes and most have Nike. Also every player picture features an Adidas shirt. They wouldn't do this if they didn't know something was imminent. I'd assume next year all teams will be all Adidas.

I'm sure they will be wearing the greens. Bubba didn't seem thrilled about wearing black jerseys.

The black jerseys will come out once a year, maybe twice. This year we'll see the black jerseys vs either Montana or Northern Arizona for Homecoming. As for this Saturday, can almost guarantee green jerseys.

UND deserves to be seen in green jerseys, it's just that they should have new ones; likely next season.