SiouxSports.com Forum

Poll: New Head Coach

bincitysioux

New HC Poll  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer gets the job?

• Bubba Schwiegert
    • Kalen DeBoer

Might be a pipe dream but it really would be nice to get both. Anyone know how much these two make at SIU?

Schweigert, Kyle F Assistant Coach Intercollegiate Athletics-SIUC $ 7,253.00 $ 87,036.00 1.0000

DeBoer, Kalen D Assistant Coach Intercollegiate Athletics-SIUC $ 5,711.00 $ 68,532.00 1.0000

hoffner built Mankato in a short period of time

iw as just ttrying to please the deboer lovers

I think we can get hoffner cheaper then deboer though

150 to bubba

75 to hoffner

65 to Schmidt.

Either gfhockey is on something, or he's onto something...

By biggest reservations regarding DeBoer is that all of his success came at the NAIA level. And it is not like he turned around a bad program into a winner. USF was already very good when he took over. Granted, he took them to the next level, but still I believe USF was always a top NAIA program. Recruiting in NAIA is far different from recruting in the NCAA, as are the academic requirements. He had like 10 years experience at Sioux Falls, and now 3 years as an assistant in the FCS.

Bubba's coaching experience is far wider reaching. NAIA assistant, DII coordinator, DII head coach, FCS coordinator. He's making the natural progession. I don't buy that Bubba would give us mediocre teams. He's had success everywhere he has been, and he understands the expectations here. Chris Mussman is the first coach to leave here since 1948 with a losing record. I know it is a cliche to say he "bleeds green", but that does carry a bit of weight IMO, particularly when the guy is has a great resume and is qualified.

Honestly, I really don't think DeBoer would get anywhere near the support of the fan base that he is getting, had he never set foot in the Alerus Center in 2009.

• Upvote 1

This long, drawn out process of hiring a new head coach has been a big downer no doubt. And at this point, I don't care which of the two finalists get the job, I'm just excited for a new staff to come in and instill/restore the Fighting Sioux football attitude. Had our previous head coach been retained, I would not have renewed my season tickets. But now, I'm pretty dang excited for the 2014 season. HOKA HEY!

• Upvote 1

god post bin!

What I think is this football team needs the support of Grand Forks and ALumni more then ever.

Deboer wont generate that support

Bubba will as he is a household name around GRand Forks and Alumni

You know what will generate support? Wins! Results on the field. I don't care if it's Bubba, chuck the pigskin, or Gene Murphy's hologram.

god post bin!

What I think is this football team needs the support of Grand Forks and ALumni more then ever.

Deboer wont generate that support

Bubba will as he is a household name around GRand Forks and Alumni

You need to change your avatar. I feel like I'm on Skype with Bubba himself............................

By biggest reservations regarding DeBoer is that all of his success came at the NAIA level. And it is not like he turned around a bad program into a winner. USF was already very good when he took over. Granted, he took them to the next level, but still I believe USF was always a top NAIA program. Recruiting in NAIA is far different from recruting in the NCAA, as are the academic requirements. He had like 10 years experience at Sioux Falls, and now 3 years as an assistant in the FCS.

Bubba's coaching experience is far wider reaching. NAIA assistant, DII coordinator, DII head coach, FCS coordinator. He's making the natural progession. I don't buy that Bubba would give us mediocre teams. He's had success everywhere he has been, and he understands the expectations here. Chris Mussman is the first coach to leave here since 1948 with a losing record. I know it is a cliche to say he "bleeds green", but that does carry a bit of weight IMO, particularly when the guy is has a great resume and is qualified.

Honestly, I really don't think DeBoer would get anywhere near the support of the fan base that he is getting, had he never set foot in the Alerus Center in 2009.

Hmmm - success everywhere he's been - one game over .500 at two years with Duluth and defensive coordinator at a program that is 19 - 23 over the last 4 years.

Hmmm - success everywhere he's been - one game over .500 at two years with Duluth and defensive coordinator at a program that is 19 - 23 over the last 4 years.

yeah cuz the offense didn't step up!

go look at their board. salukitalk.net

he guided UMD in to the NCC...we all remember how tough the NCC was....that is irish, if you were a fan back then.

yeah cuz the offense didn't step up!

go look at their board. salukitalk.net

he guided UMD in to the NCC...we all remember how tough the NCC was....that is irish, if you were a fan back then.

I'm sure I've been a fan for longer than you - Bubba's biggest asset is that he bleeds green, but let's not pretend that his time with Lennon has been one big success and that the team has only been let down by the offense. His resume after he left here is average. Should he get a look - yes. Is this the best resume we should have after our "national search" and Faisons "vast network of contacts". I hope not. One of us - One of us isn't necessarly the best way to hire a coach for a program that is in big trouble.

4 years at Duluth. Coach of the Year in the NCC, not the NSIC. He had some pretty nasty defenses at both North Dakota and Duluth. Southern Illinois is 42-28 since Lennon (and Bubba) has been there, one of two coaching staffs that have had a winning record at that program since 1983.

If Schweigert doesn't have a succesful track record, I don't know who does.

I'm sure I've been a fan for longer than you - Bubba's biggest asset is that he bleeds green, but let's not pretend that his time with Lennon has been one big success and that the team has only been let down by the offense. His resume after he left here is average. Should he get a look - yes. Is this the best resume we should have after our "national search" and Faisons "vast network of contacts". I hope not. One of us - One of us isn't necessarly the best way to hire a coach for a program that is in big trouble.

I would so respond back and own u but I am fearful of the administrators of this board to suspend me again.so I am going to be the bigger man and not respond back bud

4 years at Duluth. Coach of the Year in the NCC, not the NSIC. He had some pretty nasty defenses at both North Dakota and Duluth. Southern Illinois is 42-28 since Lennon (and Bubba) has been there, one of two coaching staffs that have had a winning record at that program since 1983.

If Schweigert doesn't have a succesful track record, I don't know who does.

I would bet you that if Bubba stays with Lennon next year they both get the ax. OK - 4 years at Duluth - still one game over 500. After this staff made it the first two years on someone else's talent at Carbondale it has been straight downhill.