SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Northern Michigan - Friday

AZSIOUX

Agree w Siouxman and Wilbur's post game thoughts and I'll add a couple...

Thompson is the real deal...get him some weight and a couple years older and wow! His passing out of D zone best of any Dmen.

Drake starting to play more aggressively. No doubt his fall awhile back caused more cautious play.

Tambo and Murphy either have to do something...anything productive or they have to sit.

Big if...but if Chyzyk can play again and you put him on a wing w Panz and Colton you will have 2 lines no team will want to play against.

Parks played his best game of the season.

Know this has been mentioned but Luke's goal was right in front of us. Vintage Duncan. He had maybe a 6-8" window to snipe that one.

I was about 12 rows up from that side and I didn't even think he had that angle. I asked my nephew how did that even go in lol

Agree with most of the assessments - however, I think we are ignoring what I think could really bite us in the future. This is the worst team I have ever seen when playing with a 2 or 3 goal lead. It's like the prevent defense X 100. We go into a shell like nobody I have ever seen. But for the grace of God it could have been 3-2 with them having the momentum instead of 4-1. If that would have happened, I feel like the game would have been up for grabs. We see this play game after game. No killer mentality at all.

Agree with most of the assessments - however, I think we are ignoring what I think could really bite us in the future. This is the worst team I have ever seen when playing with a 2 or 3 goal lead. It's like the prevent defense X 100. We go into a shell like nobody I have ever seen. But for the grace of God it could have been 3-2 with them having the momentum instead of 4-1. If that would have happened, I feel like the game would have been up for grabs. We see this play game after game. No killer mentality at all.

I call this the Berry factor...

I agree completely.

Actually, my thought was the penalties caused the problem. 5 on 5 the Sioux were fine for the most part. But coming in we knew that NM lived on the power play. They only had one 5 x 5 goal in their last four games. But their power play has clicked well. Although the number of Sioux penalties was down from previous games, they came at critical times. Tabellini took a dumb penalty just after NM scored on a dumb Gothberg play. NM immediately scored the goal that was waived off. Once it was waived off NM did not get another shot on goal on that power play. 5 x 5 the Sioux were doing pretty good other than the dumb plays (Gothberg not freezing the puck, Mattson taking an ill advised line change, etc.). There were a couple of UND checks that I thought would have been called boarding in a tightly called game, but were just marginally ok in this game.

I cracked the code. Oxbow was billet family to Chyzyk last year. :whistling:

;)

On serious note...alcohol was involved with VD/taxi situation. 3rd alcohol related event in 1 1/2 years. Heard last night from someone in the AD Hak told Chyzyk get help/rehab or leave.

;)

On serious note...alcohol was involved with VD/taxi situation. 3rd alcohol related event in 1 1/2 years. Heard last night from someone in the AD Hak told Chyzyk get help/rehab or leave.

damn. hopefully it works out like some other success stories like Matt Frattin.

Yet the team has only 1 time not won (vermont, I think) when they've had a 2 or greater goal lead (out of 9 games total). It's an offensively challenged team......is it that they play passive, or is it that they just continue to struggle to score?

Yet the team has only 1 time not won (vermont, I think) when they've had a 2 or greater goal lead (out of 9 games total). It's an offensively challenged team......is it that they play passive, or is it that they just continue to struggle to score?

They went into a complete defensive shell and prevent mode Friday...last night was completely different when they got the lead.

My bad. Rule is on page 74 of the rulebook online.

Link: http://www.ncaapubli...nloads/IH14.pdf

Adam said on Saturday night it was in the goalie interference rule (which is a penalty rule), but it obviously is not, it's in the disallowed goals rule.

However, in defense of Adam (can't believe I just said that) in the Saturday night interview with Hammer, Hammer never asked a question, just gave his version of the answer (which was wrong), then stuck the mic in Adam's face with no question asked. If anyone can confuse the game for everyone, it's Hammer. Good grief, Hammer, we didn't know the rule (well we did since Wilbur posted it), you obviously didn't know the rule, so ask the head of the officials the question, rather than showing us your expansive lack of hockey knowledge.