1. 1. If NDSU added hockey...

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Besides, I could never imagine a hockey game played where the opposition's uniforms consisted of Stetsons, manure covered cowboy boots and belt buckles the size of hub caps. :(:)

Now that is what I call some good humor! Whats up with that anyway? The worse thing is those so inclined to sport that type of attire think it is pretty cool to dress like that.

I'm perfectly fine if people wish to wear Stetsons, manure covered cowboy boots and belt buckles the size of hub caps. I'm sure that it's a great thing to wear when meeting prospective in-laws, vomiting off the tractor on your way back to the farm after drinking in town or chasing one's "date" through the pasture. However, I don't really see it as a decent hockey uniform. Well, that and the amount of tobacco juice 'SU players and fans would drool on to the ice would be pretty large. :(

The Bison blew it, BIG TIME, when they had the chance to add hockey as a varsity sport 30 years ago and they were too arrogant to do so. "Hockey?" they said, with a voice that wreaked of both arrogance and ignorance at the same time.

Well, now NDSU sees St. Cloud, Mankato, and Bemidji all playing D-I hockey, and they are left on the outside looking in.

If they ever add hockey, we should refuse to play them, just for the principle of the matter.

I hate the Bison. Maybe they and the Gophers can schedule some basketball games or some wrasslin' matches. Or a pig roping contest. Lord knows, they both got plenty of pot-bellied fans for it.

... sees St. Cloud, Mankato, and Bemidji ....

... Duluth, Omaha ...

All are "cash cow"-ing (or at least holding their own fiscally) for their schools.

Not many specific programs can say they pay their own way at the gate (meaning UND hockey or Minnesota mens basketball for examples).

The Bison blew it, BIG TIME, when they had the chance to add hockey as a varsity sport 30 years ago and they were too arrogant to do so. "Hockey?" they said, with a voice that wreaked of both arrogance and ignorance at the same time.

Well, now NDSU sees St. Cloud, Mankato, and Bemidji all playing D-I hockey, and they are left on the outside looking in.

If they ever add hockey, we should refuse to play them, just for the principle of the matter.

I hate the Bison. Maybe they and the Gophers can schedule some basketball games or some wrasslin' matches. Or a pig roping contest. Lord knows, they both got plenty of pot-bellied fans for it.

Thinking about pig roping and farms, on the side of I-29 in Buxton where that fallen down barn used to be some rube from Fargo/NDSU has posted a sign that says please play us again. Stupid bison fans just don't get there isn't a future for the NCC teams in division one. Like I am really sure in 5 years NDSU will be playing Duke and Kansas and FSU. Probably not, they will be trying to play the directional schools in Missouri if they are lucky...

I heard that NDSU had a golden opportunity and they blew it. Here's the story I heard:

When the North Stars left to head to Dallas, the place where they played in Minneapolis closed down and was scheduled for destruction. Before they did so, they put the refridgeration plant and all the equipment necessary to produce an ice rink up for sale. It was offered to NDSU and plans were distributed to architects of the FargoDOme to facilitate its installation. NDSU and gang got a really good price but turned it down. No idea what happened to the equipment or even if this story I was told was remotely true

Edit: It was the NDSU president before Chapman that turned it down.

I guess UND fans don't have a smack board? UND fans have Smack Threads :)

Smack Topic

Being a hockey(M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A) fan and a Bison Alum, I was not in favor and would not be infavor of hockey at NDSU. I am pleased with the direction NDSU is taking. Besides it's not NDSU's fault that UND went Division I in Hockey and the Bison didn't follow. :(

What is the attraction? Is it the ugly uniforms or are you just a masochist who enjoys seeing the Sioux spank your teams around? :(

I like High School hockey in Minnesota, and it is fun to watch the local kids in High School move on and excel at the college level and some even in the pros.

I don't think that there would ever be the intense support of hockey at NDSU like there is at UND.  NDSU is geared pretty much towards football.  It is even tough to get real excited over Basketball....although I am trying this year...

So how does NDSU feel about losing to the Sioux this year in football as compared to years past?

Great tailgating at that last game! Damn was that fun....