SiouxSports.com Forum

If NDSU added hockey...

Cratter

86 members have voted

1. 1. If NDSU added hockey...

• Yes
    • No

If you read the post I said that I did not even include Moorhead.  This is exactly what I mean by being the Jan Brady of North Dakota hockey.  Bison fan feels the need to come to this site and talk about how Fargo is not a hockey town so Bison hockey would never work.  How do you know.  You won't, because you all have this dream squashing mentality that it won't. 

Fargo didn't have a have a team in the '30's, '40's...... so it won't work today? Note to Bison fans, last time I checked the game is being played in a lot of non-hockey towns.

If the Sioux relied on alumni driving 3 hours or more to fill the arena, there would be a lot of empty seats.  That's the point!  Attract some new fans which may in turn be fans that join yourcollege in the future.  Is that not the reason that you are going D1AA?  Or is it that women's softball and wrastlin' will be the only things that you will ever be competitive in again.

So smack talking me and NDSU makes Fargo a hockey town and will make hockey successful at NDSU? :silly:

I didn't say anyone would have to rely on fans driving 3 hours to games. Just said I wouldn't do it.

I didn't say hockey wouldn't work at NDSU. I said I didn't think Fargo was a hockey town and I would not support hockey at NDSU.

NDSU had a hockey team in the 1930's, all time record vs UND is 1-0 or 2-0 or something like that. Bisonguy might have the answer to that.

NDSU doesn't serve beer on campus, that is what attracts a lot of fans to college hockey games. Remember when you answer this post, I said a lot, not all.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This probably doesn't belong in this thread but, it made me laugh.

WASHINGTON,D.C. -- Hang on to any of the new State of

North Dakota quarters. If you have them, they may be

worth much more than 25 cents. The U.S. Treasury

announced today that it is recalling all of the North

Dakota quarters that are part of its program featuring

quarters from each state. "We are recalling all the new

North Dakota quarters that were recently issued,"

Treasury Undersecretary Jack Shackleford said Monday.

"This action is being taken after numerous reports that

the new quarters

will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending

machines, pay phones,

or other coin-operated devices."

"The problem lies in the unique design of the North

Dakota quarter, which was created by a NDSU graduate,"

Shackleford said. "Apparently, the duct tape holding

the two dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the

coin-operated devices."

"Apparently, the duct  tape holding the two dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the coin-operated devices."

Heck no! Since it was an NDSU grad, I'm sure he had to use five pennies instead of a nickel. :glare: