SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MIAMI - NCHC Opener

AZSIOUX

This series will show us where UND is defensively. Miami is a lot like Yale. Puck pressure, and they buzz around the offensive end.

I'm thinking Simpson will be out there whenever Riley Barber's unit is. They need to take away that line's time and space or we could be talking about an early season sweep on the road.

Big time match up for the first ever NCHC series. Could be the start of a nice rivalry!

Friday night game is on CBSports. I'm assuming they have a webcast for sat

Miami uses neulion but the webcast for Saturday is not shown on Miami's site. Maybe it will show up. Or maybe webcasts are part of the CBSPorts/NCHC double header weekend blacking out everything for both nights? Someone around here understands that mess of a contract better than I.

Miami uses neulion but the webcast for Saturday is not shown on Miami's site. Maybe it will show up. Or maybe webcasts are part of the CBSPorts/NCHC double header weekend blacking out everything for both nights? Someone around here understands that mess of a contract better than I.

Miami's webcast will be available in HD on Saturday. Its a good quality webcast.

Fully expect Miami to be ranked #1 after tomorrows poll is out. They crushed Ohio St. and with Lowell losing to Sacred Heart I gotta believe they will be sitting on top. No question the boys need to stay out of the sin bin if they want a chance. The so called experts picked them to win the NCHC for a reason. Great early test for the squad. I would be happy with a split.

any know of the miamie fan board?

http://www.miamihawk...pic.php?t=58654

^^ Miami fan board... also this link is for highlights vs Ohio State and also shows what our webcast will look like. Its not free, you will have to pay $8 or something like that. The highlights are shown in SD, but there will be a clearer "HD" feed for the live webcast Saturday. They show SD or HD feed for those with slower internet connections.

Check later in the week for link to the game Saturday, it will be there.

Is the Miami web cast free?

It's neulion, the short term cost is 10.95/month (no listed 24 hour pass). Would guess you have to cancel it after a month if you don't want to be auto charged for the second month. Looks like they canl buy just the hockey access, for less than the full year of all sports streamed.

http://www.muredhawk...DB_OEM_ID=26100

Miami definitely has some offensive playmakers. This may expose some of the inexperience we have on defense.

I'm curious to see what our defensive lineup will look like on Friday. Barring injury or suspension, I think it's likely that Simpson and Schmaltz will play every game.

That leaves four spots (assuming Hakstol dresses six defensemen). Like many other users, I wasn't very impressed with Mattson this past weekend. However, I think his experience gives him the advantage over the freshmen early in the season.

With Mattson in, that leaves three spots. Of the four freshmen, I was most impressed with Stecher this past weekend. He made some obvious mistakes, but I thought he was aggressive and played well overall. I think he earned himself a spot. I also noticed LaDue more on Saturday night. He was more aggressive with the puck and did some good work on the PK. So I think he earned himself a spot on Friday as well.

I think the sixth D spot is a toss-up right now between Ausmus and Thompson. I think both players showed some positive things this weekend.

It wouldn't surprise me if Panzarella was in there, but he had some issues on Friday night.

Agree. He is better than he played Friday and is really our only true physical presence back there. I'd sit Thompson and Mattson but the latter won't happen.