SiouxSports.com Forum

womens basketball

UND92,96

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Lindsay Draayer still on the team? She hasn't played at all in the past three games, and I didn't see her on the bench last night. She must either be very sick/injured, or has left the team.

It was nice to see Val Sannes play a little last night. I believe that was her UND debut.

Is Lindsay Draayer still on the team? She hasn't played at all in the past three games, and I didn't see her on the bench last night. She must either be very sick/injured, or has left the team.

It was nice to see Val Sannes play a little last night. I believe that was her UND debut.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe she is out for the year with an injury. With guinn out also this leaves them very thin. I watched kimbrough get 47 the other night. She was VERY, VERY, IMPRESSIVE. Maybe she can opt out of high school now and join the sioux team. J/K. She could however make an immediate impact on the UND team. If you get a chance you should go see her play. She is automatic from 15 feet in, and that is with 3 girls hanging on her. I can't wait to see her when teams play straight man against her. Kimbrough-Langan combo will be unstoppable in next few years as Kimbrough is a great passer also. Her team B-G-M-R is undefeated now and it looks like the match-up down the road will be Fosston (bagaason) versus B-G-M-R with the winner going to state. I believe Kimbrough was 22-27 from the field that night. That was with a defense that had 2-3 girls on her where ever she went.

I believe she is out for the year with an injury. With guinn out also this leaves them very thin. I watched kimbrough get 47 the other night. She was VERY, VERY, IMPRESSIVE. Maybe she can opt out of high school now and join the sioux team. J/K. She could however make an immediate impact on the UND team. If you get a chance you should go see her play. She is automatic from 15 feet in, and that is with 3 girls hanging on her. I can't wait to see her when teams play straight man against her. Kimbrough-Langan combo will be unstoppable in next few years as Kimbrough is a great passer also. Her team B-G-M-R is undefeated now and it looks like the match-up down the road will be Fosston (bagaason) versus B-G-M-R with the winner going to state. I believe Kimbrough was 22-27 from the field that night. That was with a defense that had 2-3 girls on her where ever she went.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I doubt she'll actually win Ms. Basketball due to how far away from the twin cities she plays, and the fact that Katie Ohm (going to UMinn next year) just broke the all-time career scoring record, I at least hope she's a finalist for the award. With the kind of career she's had, I think she deserves some state-wide recognition. I'd be surprised if there's a better player in MN this year than Kimbrough. It would be great to see her match up with Ohm at state.

I agree wholeheartedly about Kimbrough...although I don't think she has a chance for Miss MN Basketball...and she should...it seems to be a Twin Cities based award...and she will probably reclaim the single season record after breaking it first last year too...and lets remember this is based on a 4 year career...not 6 years...but she deserves some state wide credit!

Does anyone know of a link to stats for BGMR?  I would like to see Kimbroughs stats.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure their stats are available anywhere on the web, but the Herald did have a nice article on Kimbrough and Bagaason today. The article said Kimbrough is averaging 34.3 ppg on the season thus far.

Boese has been very quiet (not scoring) in recent games.  For those who have seen the Sioux play, is there any reason for this?  Is she healthy, etc.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She did have a huge game at Omaha, and I have actually been pretty impressed with how she's been playing, particularly the fact that she's cut down on her turnovers. Both games this weekend were lop-sided from the start, and she didn't really need to assert herself as a scorer. The really encouraging thing about last night's game was the fact that UND built a 25-point halftime lead despite only about a combined 10 points from Langen and Boese. Carissa Jahner has really improved her offensive game this year, and is a pretty reliable third offensive weapon behind Langen and Boese.

The first women's regional poll is supposed to come out tomorrow, and as crazy as it seems, UND could very well be number one. Nobody from the RMAC even received any votes in the last top-25 and it's highly unlikely that any of its teams will be ranked very highly in the region. It's probably between UND, Augie and Concordia-St. Paul, each of which has four losses, and USD with three losses (but obviously coming off a lop-sided loss to UND and without many wins versus strong teams).

The first women's regional poll is supposed to come out tomorrow, and as crazy as it seems, UND could very well be number one. Nobody from the RMAC even received any votes in the last top-25 and it's highly unlikely that any of its teams will be ranked very highly in the region. It's probably between UND, Augie and Concordia-St. Paul, each of which has four losses, and USD with three losses (but obviously coming off a lop-sided loss to UND and without many wins versus strong teams).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I guess this shows how little I know:

North Central Region

1. Regis (Colorado) 11-0 12-3

2. Concordia-St. Paul 8-2 11-4

3. Augustana (South Dakota) 8-3 17-4

4. St. Cloud State 8-3 14-4

5. North Dakota 8-3 14-4

6. Minnesota State Moorhead 8-3 13-3

7. Colorado School of Mines 9-3 11-3

8. Minnesota Duluth 7-4 13-5

9. Southwest Minnesota State 6-5 12-6

10. South Dakota 8-4 12-4

Roebuck is actually on the regional committee this year, so it will be interesting to hear his take on this.

I know the national poll has nothing to do with the regional polls, but it still seems pretty odd that a team unranked in the national poll (and they only received a few votes) could be ranked number one in one of the toughest regions in dII women's basketball. The RMAC simply isn't any good, and never has been. Even in something of a down year for the NCC, I have a hard time believing an NCC team does not even merit a top-2 ranking.

I know the national poll has nothing to do with the regional polls, but is still seems pretty odd that a team unranked in the national poll (and they only received a few votes) could be ranked number one in one of the toughest regions in dII women's basketball. The RMAC simply isn't any good, and never has been. Even in something of a down year for the NCC, I have a hard time believing an NCC team does not even merit a top-2 ranking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't the poll based off SSI- it was last year

Isn't the poll based off SSI- it was last year

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure SSI has a lot to do with it. But just as in football, I believe there's some room for interpretation, as well. The football poll didn't necessarily follow the SSI rankings to the letter. If winning the north central region every year it has existed hasn't earned a certain amount of respect for the NCC, I guess nothing will. By the same token, if not having had ANY success in the post-season (the RMAC) hasn't earned a healthy amount of skepticism about the quality of that league, I guess nothing will.

I'm sure SSI has a lot to do with it. But just as in football, I believe there's some room for interpretation, as well. The football poll didn't necessarily follow the SSI rankings to the letter. If winning the north central region every year it has existed hasn't earned a certain amount of respect for the NCC, I guess nothing will. By the same token, if not having had ANY success in the post-season (the RMAC) hasn't earned a healthy amount of skepticism about the quality of that league, I guess nothing will.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's early... :huh:

It's early... :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is early. But let's face it, two out of the past three years, the regional has been hosted by a non-NCC school. And with the NCC being as balanced as it is, the odds are that each of even the best NCC teams will probably lose more than will Regis or Concordia-St. Paul the rest of the way. Combine that with the obvious fact that those schools are ALREADY ahead of the NCC teams despite also having 3-4 losses, and I'll venture to say that barring UND, Augie, St. Cloud St. or UMD nearly running the table, it will be three out of four years that the NCC will not host the regional. And I for one don't agree with that. The writing is on the wall that unless the top NCC team also has the top overall record (a tall order considering the difficult conference schedule), the regional committee will award the top seed to an RMAC or NSIC team no matter how many years in a row the NCC continues to win the region.

It sure would help the NCC argument though if the ladies would quit losing games to the likes of SW State, a middle of the pack NSIC team. It is quite surprising that the Seattle Pacific women haven't lost since they left GF and are now ranked in the top 3-4 in the country. They looked horrible that night here.

It was interesting that Roebuck took Mahlum out of the starting lineup on Saturday. I don't think he really had any choice in the matter. Aside from a couple of games where she was able to hit several 3's, Amy's really struggled for most of the season. I think that if the Sioux are going to be able to win the NCC, it will have to be with the starting five playing a lot of minutes--probably more than in past years. I really hope Roebuck can find the scholarship money to sign a point guard in the spring. The best case scenario would probably be a transfer with the ability to contribute immediately next season. Jahner has looked so good at the 2 that it would be nice if she didn't have to play the large majority of the minutes at the point next season the way I'm afraid she'll have to the rest of this season.