SiouxSports.com Forum

womens basketball

UND92,96

:) Nice to see the article and she likes the great personality of the staff :D . They have two verbals, looks as if they are done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard they may be recruiting one more player. Fortunately, there don't appear to be any glaring needs for the next couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Coach Roebuck had a recruit in this past weekend at the football game that they really want, anyone have any info on her. I heard it may be a girl from Iowa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mallory Youngblut is the girl from Iowa-rumor has it that she committed to UND last week. She will be a senior this year at Davenport Assumption High School in Davenport, Iowa. 6'0"- 6'1" Shooting Guard. Word is she turned down 2 or 3 div 1 offers to attend UND. This kid is a very athletic player that comes from a H.S. program that has lost maybe 4 games the last 3 years. She rebounds well and is very explosive with the ball. Her range is unlimited as well. UND got a real talent steal by getting this one.

Mallory Youngblut is the girl from Iowa-rumor has it that she committed to UND last week. She will be a senior this year at Davenport Assumption High School in Davenport, Iowa. 6'0"- 6'1" Shooting Guard. Word is she turned down 2 or 3 div 1 offers to attend UND. This kid is a very athletic player that comes from a H.S. program that has lost maybe 4 games the last 3 years. She rebounds well and is very explosive with the ball. Her range is unlimited as well. UND got a real talent steal by getting this one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's confirmation from the Herald of the Youngblut commitment.

The Sioux women have the makings of a real dynasty in the future.  It's going to be fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would not call it a dynasty, Yet. It has been a while since they have been back to the dance. Win a couple of more national championships and then it's well on it's way.

They seem to be working hard on finding players, but they have had some duds in a few of the recruiting classes. If this recruiting class holds up and the current freshman class, they will be led by strong junior and senior leadership to make a serious run.

Don't rule out this year either.

If this recruiting class holds up and the current freshman class, they will be led by strong junior and senior leadership to make a serious run. 

Don't rule out this year either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like the pollsters agree, in spite of UND not making the Elite Eight last year:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/stories/101305abq.html

Division II Bulletin Preseason Top 25

1. Drury

2. Washburn

3. Charleston

4. North Dakota

5. Henderson State

6. Merrimack

7. Grand Valley State

8. Chico State

9. St. Cloud State

10. Seattle Pacific

11. California (Pa.)

12. Shaw

13. Bentley

14. Western Washington

15. Valdosta State

16. Carson-Newman

17. Emporia State

18. Rollins

19. Glenville State

20. Regis

21. Angelo State

22. Millersville

23. Wingate

24. Gannon

25. Cal State Bakersfield

I heard a rumor that Kelsey Maffin is back and will not take a medical redshirt this year, can anyone confirm this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Maffin can play this year, I wonder if that would mean that somebody may red-shirt, specifically Beck? I can't really see an 11-person rotation (Langen, Boese, Kimbrough, Maffin, Jahner, Mahlum, Guinn, Sannes, Bagaason, Ledger and Beck). I think Beck would have red-shirted last year had the depth been a little better.

If Maffin can play this year, I wonder if that would mean that somebody may red-shirt, specifically Beck? I can't really see an 11-person rotation (Langen, Boese, Kimbrough, Maffin, Jahner, Mahlum, Guinn, Sannes, Bagaason, Ledger and Beck). I think Beck would have red-shirted last year had the depth been a little better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mention Beck for development reasons (another year to mature, etc.)? Ledger might be a decent candidate for redshirting as well.

Do you mention Beck for development reasons (another year to mature, etc.)? Ledger might be a decent candidate for redshirting as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although I like Beck and think she's going to be a good player, I think she was forced into playing as a true freshman due to Guinn's injury. This year, with the return of Jahner and hopefully Maffin at the wings, plus the additions of Guinn and Bagaason, I think Beck might be well-served taking the red-shirt she ideally would have had last year. Maybe Roebuck feels that her defense is needed too much this year for that to happen, and that's fine, but I just hate to see anybody needlessly use a year of eligibility if they're only going to be the 5th or 6th player off the bench. I think Bagaason's outside shooting is going to be too important for her to red-shirt since most teams are going to have to play zone against UND.

I would tend to agree about Ledger being a red-shirt candidate as well due to the fact that there seems to be excellent interior depth even without her (Langen, Kimbrough, Sannes and, if necessary, Boese), but I also think she's probably physically ready to play and play well right now.

Although I like Beck and think she's going to be a good player, I think she was forced into playing as a true freshman due to Guinn's injury. This year, with the return of Jahner and hopefully Maffin at the wings, plus the additions of Guinn and Bagaason, I think Beck might be well-served taking the red-shirt she ideally would have had last year. Maybe Roebuck feels that her defense is needed too much this year for that to happen, and that's fine, but I just hate to see anybody needlessly use a year of eligibility if they're only going to be the 5th or 6th player off the bench. I think Bagaason's outside shooting is going to be too important for her to red-shirt since most teams are going to have to play zone against UND.

I would tend to agree about Ledger being a red-shirt candidate as well due to the fact that there seems to be excellent interior depth even without her (Langen, Kimbrough, Sannes and, if necessary, Boese), but I also think she's probably physically ready to play and play well right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with your assessment. We may have the necessary depth that they both could be red-shirted.

Any one have any idea if there is to be a preseason basketball show on TV?

What day will the Roebuck show be on and is it or should I say will it be available the next day on the internet as is the Football coach's show?

Thanks for any help from more local fans.

Do we have any idea yet who they will be playing in the Tip off thing at Disney on the 4th and 5th?

What day will the Roebuck show be on and is it or should I say will it be available the next day on the internet as is the Football coach's show?

Do we have any idea yet who they will be playing in the Tip off thing at Disney on the 4th and 5th?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The TV show typically starts when the conference season starts. The basketball coaches will probably be on the radio show Wednesday nights either the week before or the week after their first games of the season. I believe the women open with Merrimack at the tip-off tournament, who beat St. Cloud State in the Elite 8 last spring. However, I don't think they return much from that team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Disney Classic Matchups

Augusta State

Nebraska-Omaha

Bentley

Regis

Columbus State

Southern Indiana

Merrimack

UND

A lot of historically good teams - not sure how talented they are supposed to be this year.

Disney Classic Matchups

Augusta State

Nebraska-Omaha

Bentley

Regis

Columbus State

Southern Indiana

Merrimack

UND

A lot of historically good teams - not sure how talented they are supposed to be this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info, now can I get the radio show on the internet, what station would it be on and do they have live streaming or do they archive these shows ?

Thanks again for your info.

Thanks for the info, now can I get the radio show on the internet, what station would it be on and do they have live streaming or do they archive these shows ?

Thanks again for your info.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Friday night

7:30

Saturday

If we lose Friday - 2:30

If we win Friday - 7:30

Sunday

If we lose both games - 10:30 AM

Win, then lose - 3:30

All times are Central.