SiouxSports.com Forum

womens basketball

UND92,96

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people make me sick!!

No, the sickness you are feeling is thanks to your CSP Whatevers, the "top ranked" team in the region, getting blitzed by the #4 team and according to those in attendence at the games being out-attended as well. Pretty sad state, yet the same state that literally everyone predicted.

No, the sickness you are feeling is thanks to your CSP Whatevers, the "top ranked" team in the region, getting blitzed by the #4 team and according to those in attendence at the games being out-attended as well.  Pretty sad state, yet the same state that literally everyone predicted.

CORELLA... you need to check your redneck cracker azz at the door... I am bout to blitz you so hard you ain't even gonna know what hit you... I am sure that you are a true UND fan... I mean I was at the UND/NDSU game and I saw tons of FAITHFUL UND and NDSU fans, but I am pretty sure you weren't there, no you were sitting back in Grand Forks typing away at your computer frontin that you are a UND fan, which if you were you would have gotten in your hoopty of a car and driven the 5 hours to St Paul, MN spent a little money on a hotel and cheered right along with the REAL UND FANS... The ones who dropped 10$ a day to watch there team play... but no you sat at home typin on your computer doin nothin except waitin for someone to call you with a score so you can gloat about how you the "ultimate UND fan" knew your team would win and other crap like that... you seriously need to check yourself...

How the HELL are you going to B!tch about attendence at a game you weren't even at... I want you to take your hillybill mind and remove it from grand forks and think about how big the Twin Cities are... Do you know how many things there are to do there??? when you have over 500,000 people (in case you aren't good with numbers, you and your family would have to carry on your incestual ways for a good 40 or 50 years before you come to that number of people ) live there are other things to do... now you go do some research and you find out how many students attend CSP and how many attend UND and then do a ratio of how many students where at each game and you will find that there were alot more students at CSP's game then at your game... the average age of a UND fan seems to be 65 (no offense to the real UND fans) but you need to understand that the average age of a CSP is a lot younger and we do spend our time doing other things... Like on weekends we'll go to the mall or to a professional sporting event while you and your brother procreate... hey I am not judging you though...

Also you need to realize that if NDSU had held the regional tourney your PRECIOUS little SIOUX would be sittin at home because they would not have gotten the calls they got... GO JACKRABBITS!!!

CORELLA... you need to check your redneck cracker azz at the door... I am bout to blitz you so hard you ain't even gonna know what hit you... I am sure that you are a true UND fan... I mean I was at the UND/NDSU game and I saw tons of FAITHFUL UND and NDSU fans, but I am pretty sure you weren't there, no you were sitting back in Grand Forks typing away at your computer frontin that you are a UND fan...

Yeah, Corella, you cracker... quit yer frontin. :glare:

(might I also suggest some "new rims" for that "hoopty of a car" that you drive.) :)

You people make me sick!!

What I find so comical about this guy is that he's all up in arms about 3 or 4 people on this site pointing out the obvious--1) that the Gangelhoff Center is not a very nice facility at which to host a regional; and 2) that a true number one seed shouldn't lose by 35 points at home. Because he can't handle us pointing out the obvious and the indisputable, he jumps on the NDSU and SDSU bandwagons, as if that's some sort of punishment to the UND team. What he apparently fails to realize is that it's not too hard to find at least 3 or 4 fans from each of these schools who would wholeheartedly agree that 1) the Gangelhoff Center is not a very nice facility at which to host a regional; and 2) a true number one seed shouldn't lose by 35 points at home. I guess we were just "lucky" in that he found this site before he found the NDSU and SDSU sites. :glare:

The comical thing about CSP and Gangelhoff seating arrangement was I arrived early for the UND and NDSU game and I believe mothers of the players were saving huge blocks of seats for CSP fans that I guess had failed to arrive. When I told them I thought it was all General Admission they said go sit in the SDSU section I retorted its full and sat there anyway. Some of the CSP faithful were chirping about the poor seats they had in Brookings. I pointed out at least you could buy a reserved seat. Seems to be more than a touch of racism in the CSP posters comments. We don't need him/her on our bandwagon as we are just fine without that kind of attitude!

On a whole different note, the Sioux ladies being this far in the tournament is really a surprise to me considering how I had them tabbed at the beginning of the year. I thought that this would be the most vulnerable team Roebuck has had since the late 80's. They didn't return much scoring, depth, size, and I thought more of the FR would have to be counted on more then they have. It is good to be wrong though. This shows how good of a coach Roebuck is and how successful his system is, he just lets the women go out and play, have fun, fast break like they are a 6th grade girls travelling team. Hopefully the season will include a win tonight.

yes Amy....was this game meaningful enough for you....were all the marbles on the line??? oh yes they were....and your women left a trail behind them......when all the chips and marbles were on the line...good job....atta boy BISSSSSOOOOONNNNN spin...nothing like bison spin....

The comical thing about CSP and Gangelhoff seating arrangement was I arrived early for the UND and NDSU game and I believe mothers of the players were saving huge blocks of seats for CSP fans that I guess had failed to arrive. When I told them I thought it was all General Admission they said go sit in the SDSU section I retorted its full and sat there anyway. Some of the CSP faithful were chirping about the poor seats they had in Brookings. I pointed out at least you could buy a reserved seat. Seems to be more than a touch of racism in the CSP posters comments. We don't need him/her on our bandwagon as we are just fine without that kind of attitude!

Jackguy,

I had the same thing happen to me by some lady in the CSP section for the UND-ndsu game. We started to sit, and then she said they were saved, I also said there are no reserved seats, then she said all the sections are labeled by teams, and that i should go sit in the crowded UND side. CSP wasnt even playing yet, and she was reserving seats. needless to say, my friends and i tried to handle it as nicely as we could and just sat down there, while she stared and glared in anger. i thought she was gonna go off the proverbial "deep end". unbelievable. sounds like the people at CSP have a bit of a chip on their shoulders for some reason or another.

Jackguy,

I had the same thing happen to me by some lady in the CSP section for the UND-ndsu game. We started to sit, and then she said they were saved, I also said there are no reserved seats, then she said all the sections are labeled by teams, and that i should go sit in the crowded UND side. CSP wasnt even playing yet, and she was reserving seats. needless to say, my friends and i tried to handle it as nicely as we could and just sat down there, while she stared and glared in anger. i thought she was gonna go off the proverbial "deep end". unbelievable. sounds like the people at CSP have a bit of a chip on their shoulders for some reason or another.

Vince,

You should have obliged and given the women back her seats. The bleachers under the baskets should've been fine for you, especially since they look like they were bleachers brought in directly from your old stomping grounds out at Ullland. There is that UND arrogance coming into play again :glare: .

Corella and Legend- Probably won't hear much smack from you today. Jacks win third consecutive regional and send UND packing again. I had an opportunity to see it in person and will say it was a classic battle between two heavyweights. UND very fortunate in the first half that Jacks didn't run away with it. When SDSU went up 21-4 we had 3-4 chances to extend the lead further but took some ill advised 3 point shots. Second half was a see saw back and forth game where both teams tried to take control. In the end the team with superior talent and a better opportunity to take the crown again prevailed. I liked nothing better than watching Leighton who hurt her team again by getting into foul trouble walk off without that smug look on her face. With the Rabbits now gone for greener pastures maybe the UND basketball teams can try and recapture their glory days. We win all 3 games against your Mens team and split with the women but win the one that really counts! Let me repeat a chant that your UND following heard repeatedly in St Paul. 1,2,3,4 tell the people who your for S D S U SDSU Fight JACKS Fight 234

jack......you amaze me......you dont have nothing to say when your men get it totally shoved up their u know what.....but your women win and they are the greatest.....this is exactly what you criticized Corella and myself for doing isnt it??? funny how that thing turned around...the final 8 field looks weak so i hope SDSU enjoys its last chance for a national title in the next 7 years......greener pastures......what are those??? how old will you be when SDSU can win another national title??? too old i am guessing....your greener pastures are so great that your head WBB coach wants out of your great town and institution....

Legend-come on is that your best response. I acknowledge our men got it handed to them Sunday night. Where was your mens team? Oh that's right we elimated them as well. I've had sane exchanges with posters on this board and Sioux Fans I met in St Paul. You only seem interested in confrontatinal smack and thats what I'm throwing back at you and all you do is whine. Kind of like your announcers on the game last night from what I understand. If Aaron decided he wants to continue to coach at the DII level that's fine. I'm sure there are plenty of candidates who would love to take the Jacks job with Freshman sensation Megan Vogel returning for another 3 years. I honestly think the SDSU and NDSU women basketball teams will have the easiest transition to DI Basketball. I think the best NCC teams (UND included) could compete with teams outside the Top 25 right now. Maybe the UND administration will come to their senses soon and realize they should make the move to DI.

Your assuming those were unforced errors. The Jacks were up in their grill and forced many of those turnovers and altered shots that initiated the poor shooting and the 21-4 start. I would hardly call 38% shooting our best game either but I will at least acknowledge your defense had something to do with it. Maybe you should talk to a Sioux Fan who was there before you start your diatribe of excuses to explain the loss or minimize the Jacks win.

all you do is whine. Kind of like your announcers on the game last night from what I understand.

Announcers? Swwygy does a great job if you ask me. Does he have a pro-UND slant, of course, just like every home announcer in the business. But what he does is tell it like he sees it better then anyone, he is critical and praises players on both sides, and that is what he did last night. He was praising Megan Vogel as the game closed, and complaining about the refs obvious inconsistencies in the 2nd half, and on both ends. He was saying early in the 2nd half how they called a ticky-tacky foul on the Sioux at the top of the key, and then on the ensuing posession, a Sioux player mauled one of the Jack girls for a steal and no call, not whiny but asking for some regularity on both ends. Not sure where complaints about our basketball announcers would come from, but I would guess he claims to be a know-it-all doc.

UND signee Danye Guinn was named second team all-metro by the Star-Tribune. I would have thought she had a pretty good case for first team, but she missed about a month with an injury, and her numbers weren't quite as good after she came back. She does need to seriously work on her field goal percentage, though. link

UND signee Danye Guinn was named second team all-metro by the Star-Tribune. I would have thought she had a pretty good case for first team, but she missed about a month with an injury, and her numbers weren't quite as good after she came back.

Good info. The season is over, so we can speculate about next year a bit. Maffin and the Guinn girl are going to have to provide some punch from the outside. Mahlum proved SO inconsistent down the stretch that at this point I don't know if she can always be counted on. I lkie Jahner at the point. She is in the Tonia Jones mold, maybe a bit of a better scorer, but she defends real well and runs the team's offense well. Boese may have the inside track at conference MVP for next year. There are some big :angry:? at the 5 and on the wings, but Roebuck has proven over and over again that he can fill holes, so I am not too worried.

The announcers bit I got was second hand from Jacks fans who moved over when the SDSU online broadcast went south for a bit. I thought the refs as a whole were lousy the entire tournament. I shared with a few people that the refs for the Jacks first and second round games were some of the worst I had ever seen. To your point they were bad both ways including the championship game. All you ever ask for is consistency and we never saw that. The first half there were virtually no fouls called and opening the second half they were calling every touch fall. I believe the exchange you were referring to was a obvious no call towards the end of regualtion after a Sioux player made an easy layup that resulted in a 3 point play. At the other end a Jack player was virtually hammered and no call. I have no problem with letting the players decide it at end but call it that way both ways.