SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=205097251

So I snooped through the history of New Mexico State football and found this guy. Was there from 2001-2004, and is now at Nebraska. Started out his career as a G.A. at Northern Iowa. He is also the recruiting coordinator at Nebraska. If there is a shot in the dark guy I would think he would be it from Faison's past relationships at new Mexico State.

Also played at Nebraska-Omaha from 84-87......if there was a dark horse if ever this guy is the one. Way to many connections to the area and AD, and has also had a lot of success.

they claim Faison tailered the the advertisement cuz they use a "point system" and most matches to his job listing gets most points and inturn gts the interview to be hired....

what a load of crap

If this "point system" has any...I mean any bearing on Faison hiring a HC...I'm with you on the load of crap comment.

This isn't the NFL combine w "measurables"...hire a proven winner at this level not someone with the most "points" based on the job listing.

Whether you agree with it or not Pflugrad was found in violation of NCAA rules and was sanctioned. I just don't see Faisons hiring the guy, especially with the recent Hardee incident.

Exactly, and the other thing that really bothers me was how early he applied. How often does a head coach in any search apply a good week before the end date.....it just doesn't happen.

Whether you agree with it or not Pflugrad was found in violation of NCAA rules and was sanctioned. I just don't see Faisons hiring the guy, especially with the recent Hardee incident.

Then that's on Faison for missing on a guy that IMO would give this program a shot to make a quick turnaround in the BS and beyond.

If this "point system" has any...I mean any bearing on Faison hiring a HC...I'm with you on the load of crap comment.

This isn't the NFL combine w "measurables"...hire a proven winner at this level not someone with the most "points" based on the job listing.

Unfortunately, I believe this is the case. The point or check system is used and only the "qualified" candidates are forwarded on to the search committee and/or Brian Faison. It's a vetting process to trim the fat.

Although I'm not sure that Faison can't just go back and say, "hey I still want to see this candidate, even though he didn't pass HR protocol".

It's a formality. Better yet, a big fat rubber stamp.

Exactly, and the other thing that really bothers me was how early he applied. How often does a head coach in any search apply a good week before the end date.....it just doesn't happen.

The time at which the app was submitted matters? Really?? Wow...

Unfortunately, I believe this is the case. The point or check system is used and only the "qualified" candidates are forwarded on to the search committee and/or Brian Faison. It's a vetting process to trim the fat.

Although I'm not sure that Faison can't just go back and say, "hey I still want to see this candidate, even though he didn't pass HR protocol".

ha see im not as full of it as you guys think!

im well connected with this group of people....just hope they dk im telling the board what the tell me lol

also apparently any app received after the deadline is minus points haha...cant believe this stuff.

the point system is a government hiring policy....thought Faison had more kahuna!

bring

back

bubba!

It's an basic tool to eliminate people who have no business applying. Generally speaking the candidates the AD have in mind always are more than qualified anyway, so this really doesn't effect things one way or the other. Really isn't even worth discussing.

Of the 71 apps 99% of us here could agree on the top 5 without a points system. HR protocol? Just saying...

It's a publicly funded University, they have to have a basic system in place.

Of course...stripped to the core it's a government "agency". Oh I get it...that's why one of the most in demand fields nation wide right now is HR!

Not to many 16 and 17 year olds know who "brooks bollinger" is.

His "name recognition" with recruites is probably less than 5%.

They were in elementary school playing 4 square when he was playing at Wisconsin.

His "nationally known" only if your from gf or Wisconsin or closely follow backup nfl qbs.

He handed over the most prolific rushing game by a single player in NFL history

That is a very nice way to put it. Bubba's ability to recruit is questionable at best. We need new blood, not more inbreeding, which is what got UND to this point.

I don't know how questionable Bubba's ability to recruit really is. He was after all a very key part of assembling teams that participated in 4 DII National Championship games over a ten year span at two different schools.

I figured Bubba would apply, and I would not be adverse to him getting the job. I would support Bubba 100% if he gets the nod, but he wouldn't be my first choice amongst the applicants. I agree that new blood would be best for this program.