SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

looks like rob is still at bsu...i wonder if someone at the herald has or will call him and try and pry some info out of him...maybe ask if brooks is flying back for xmas and maybe ask if the plane lands in gf on dec 20th??????

I think gf is banned for a few more days??....but if he was here

Hey guy a plane just landed at gfk

#trackigtailnumbers

Bring back bubba

• Upvote 1

Tom in his chat makes people believe this.

Oh yeah and he told me in person.

Whether Tom has any "inside info" I do not know.

if bb takes the hc job do you think he would be oc as well and if so would htat extra money go to bb or maybe spread out among the coordinators so they might be able to attract better candidates with higher pay??

I believe Miller only said he thinks BB will apply.

And if he applies I would go out on a limb and say he gets the job.

Do you people honestly believe UND officials don't read these boards? Oh wait that's already been proven.

Do you honestly believe herald sports writers don't read these boards? Oh wait that's already been proven.

Do you honestly believe Faison doesn't read these boards?

there is a reason why faison put the letters NFL in the job description....

That opens it up to several people we have mentioned. It also includes a lot of people we may not know about and that's the exciting part.

Speaking with Tom, he seems to think BB will apply and be a great candidate. I agree but I also know Faison knows a lot of people in the athletic world and the coach may be a surprise to all of us. The longer it drags on I think it is more likely it is someone we have mentioned. If it is announced Dec 10-13 then I think it will be someone Faison hand-picked.

Pflugrad would be a solid hire. I see where some people may worry that he doesn't have recruiting ties in the Midwest but Pflu was an integral recruiter in most of his PAC12 stints. The guy can recruit, that is for sure. I would think a guy with west coast/California recruiting ties may benefit you guys playing in the Big Sky and also allow you to recruit different areas than those ndsu currently has strong ties to.

I'm sure he would recruit the midwest, but a guy familiar with the Big Sky and western recruiting would be an advantage.

And his firing at Montana... Our President was simply covering his own ass for the mistakes he made in the mishandling of a sexual assault involving a Saudi exchange student. Pflugrad was a media scapegoat as the Missoulian was fixated on Johonson. The fact that Engstrom hurried the Saudi student out of the US was forgotten with the juicy Griz QB rape story.

The NCAA sanctions for the players parents bailing out another player is laughable. He wasn't fired for anything related to the NCAA but because Engstrom told him to kick Johnson off the team and he said no. Johnson was found not guilty with the jury taking about 10 min to deliberate. Pflu did the right thing for his player but not necessarily his career.

This article in the Missoulian when Pflugrad returned to Missoula this fall with Weber State says it all. A great read. http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/pflugrad-left-part-of-his-heart-at-montana/article_9633c734-4da8-11e3-944e-0019bb2963f4.html

Pflugrad would be a solid hire. I see where some people may worry that he doesn't have recruiting ties in the Midwest but Pflu was an integral recruiter in most of his PAC12 stints. The guy can recruit, that is for sure. I would think a guy with west coast/California recruiting ties may benefit you guys playing in the Big Sky and also allow you to recruit different areas than those ndsu currently has strong ties to.

I'm sure he would recruit the midwest, but a guy familiar with the Big Sky and western recruiting would be an advantage.

And his firing at Montana... Our President was simply covering his own ass for the mistakes he made in the mishandling of a sexual assault involving a Saudi exchange student. Pflugrad was a media scapegoat as the Missoulian was fixated on Johonson. The fact that Engstrom hurried the Saudi student out of the US was forgotten with the juicy Griz QB rape story.

The NCAA sanctions for the players parents bailing out another player is laughable. He wasn't fired for anything related to the NCAA but because Engstrom told him to kick Johnson off the team and he said no. Johnson was found not guilty with the jury taking about 10 min to deliberate. Pflu did the right thing for his player but not necessarily his career.

This article in the Missoulian when Pflugrad returned to Missoula this fall with Weber State says it all. A great read. http://missoulian.co...19bb2963f4.html

Thanks for the article. Wow.

I know it could be homer journalism, but it kind of eases my mind. Does anyone know if Johnson was just acquitted or found innocent? If he was found innocent (conclusively, or relatively) it kinda puts Pflu (already on the Hammer nickname) in a different light. Him sticking by one of his athletes despite outside pressure would say a lot... If he was right. Obviously a huge if. I don't want anyone to think I take the accusations lightly.

Thanks for the article. Wow.

I know it could be homer journalism, but it kind of eases my mind. Does anyone know if Johnson was just acquitted or found innocent? If he was found innocent (conclusively, or relatively) it kinda puts Pflu (already on the Hammer nickname) in a different light. Him sticking by one of his athletes despite outside pressure would say a lot... If he was right. Obviously a huge if. I don't want anyone to think I take the accusations lightly.

When a person goes to trial, there is never a finding by the jury or judge of "innocence". They are either found guilty or not guilty, with the latter meaning the state did not prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. IOW, a trier of fact is not given the choice to find someone "innocent", although to me that is what a "not guilty" finding in fact is. It's the media who try to blur that issue and or make some sort of distinction. Don't let them fool you.

When a person goes to trial, there is never a finding by the jury or judge of "innocence". They are either found guilty or not guilty, with the latter meaning the state did not prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. IOW, a trier of fact is not given the choice to find someone "innocent", although to me that is what a "not guilty" finding in fact is. It's the media who try to blur that issue and or make some sort of distinction. Don't let them fool you.

I realize that, but I hoping someone followed the trial and stuff. There can be a large difference between being not guilty (OJ) and not guilty (Duke Lacrosse). I was just wondering if anyone who followed it could shed light. I realize that a jury wouldn't.

I realize that, but I hoping someone followed the trial and stuff. There can be a large difference between being not guilty (OJ) and not guilty (Duke Lacrosse). I was just wondering if anyone who followed it could shed light. I realize that a jury wouldn't.

I've only hear the Griz faithful's opinions, but it sounds like this was a Duke Lacrosse case.

• Upvote 1

I'm a HUGE Griz fan. Pflugrad would be an incredible "get" for you guys. 99.9% of Griz fans would welcome him back in a heartbeat to the U of M. He is an offensive genius and came from the explosive Oregon system. In just his second year at the U of M, he took us to the FCS semis and barely lost to SHSU. He definitely took the fall for a bunch of other shenanigans he inherited at the U. He stood up for the QB stating a guy like Jordan Johnson with high moral fiber and character will always be welcome on my team. Didn't sit well with the president andchecwas fired along with the AD a few days later. I miss him and you'd be lucky to have him

• Upvote 1

I'm a HUGE Griz fan. Pflugrad would be an incredible "get" for you guys. 99.9% of Griz fans would welcome him back in a heartbeat to the U of M. He is an offensive genius and came from the explosive Oregon system. In just his second year at the U of M, he took us to the FCS semis and barely lost to SHSU. He definitely took the fall for a bunch of other shenanigans he inherited at the U. He stood up for the QB stating a guy like Jordan Johnson with high moral fiber and character will always be welcome on my team. Didn't sit well with the president andchecwas fired along with the AD a few days later. I miss him and you'd be lucky to have him

Thank you for your input Coach Pflugrad! ;)

Actually, I think you make good points, Griz. I'm kinda pulling for the guy.

Hope Pflugrad is not using an app to UND as a way to force Weber's hand. He would be a solid choice with top notch credentials. Turning UND's program around will not be easy and will need someone with Pflugrad's experience. Plus, UND will be more likely to support football on a level to win the Big Sky and a national championship. Weber is a basketball school that doesn't seem to care much about their football program.

I admit I am surprised by ira's solid support for Bollinger, even though Bollinger would be a good QB coach. Mollberg would really be given the opportunity to shine in a Chip Kelly style offense.

Curiosity runs deep about who Faison picks (think he knew who he was going to hire when he let Mussman go)... hope this thing with Hardee doesn't cloud his judgement.

I keep hearing that the Hardee thing will impact the head FB coaching hire, which I mostly agree with. But didn't Hardee resign? I don't think he was fired, unless it was a pressured resignation of sorts. I am really pulling for Pflugrad to be the next guy, or at least getting a hard look. Hearing all these Griz fans rave about him is selling me. It sounds like he has a proven recruiting track record, yea he doesn't know our pipeline but great recruiters figure it out. Although I realize Lennon has struggled probably for multiple reasons at SIU. The way it sounds with Pflugrad the way he took the train head on for his players, you know his players played hard for him and bought into what he preached. That's what UND needs right now.

I can't see him putting in for the UND gig in an effort to force Weber's hand. Actually, just the opposite in my opinion. If he wanted the Weber job, my guess is it would be his hands down. I think he sees something at UND that he likes....maybe support, facilities, personnel, etc. I keep hoping thecGriz will bring him back but I think I'll have to give up on that dream.

I can't see him putting in for the UND gig in an effort to force Weber's hand. Actually, just the opposite in my opinion. If he wanted the Weber job, my guess is it would be his hands down. I think he sees something at UND that he likes....maybe support, facilities, personnel, etc. I keep hoping thecGriz will bring him back but I think I'll have to give up on that dream.

that is good to hear. now hope that Faison gives him a level field to compete on for the UND position.

If Faison really meant that UND is conducting a national search, he/UND have to give Phlu a serious look IMO. This is a very critical time for UND FB, and he has what it takes, at least from an offensive standpoint. Plus, you know he must have connections with a good, defensive-minded coach or two that he could bring in as a DC. That combination would be a recipe for success in the BSC and PO's.