SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-gopher Week

jk

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite all the talk about God, shutting Bochenski down is the key to having a chance to beat the Sioux.

I think it will be harder to stop Parise and Bochenski when they are on different lines. What are the odds that Lucia is trying to teach Vanek the concept of defense? :)

I think it will be harder to stop Parise and Bochenski when they are on different lines. What are the odds that Lucia is trying to teach Vanek the concept of defense? :)

Problem is, so far, Vanek's idea of defense is cross checking, interference, slashing, tripping, holding, and other assorted 2 minute specialties. :glare:

Problem is, so far, Vanek's idea of defense is cross checking, interference, slashing, tripping, holding, and other assorted 2 minute specialties. :glare:

Wow you noticed that too! One dimensional player. No doubting his offensive skills however - great talent on that end of the ice but definitely not close to the overall skills and hustle of Zpar.

Wow you noticed that too! One dimensional player. No doubting his offensive skills however - great talent on that end of the ice but definitely not close to the overall skills and hustle of Zpar.

I see you have a new name on POI, eh? :)

Vanek can be a very effective backchecker. Several times he's picked a guys pocket around the red line and created a very good scoring chance. And since he's about 20% of our goal scoring I'm will to cut him some slack defensively.

I see you have a new name on POI, eh? :)

Vanek can be a very effective backchecker. Several times he's picked a guys pocket around the red line and created a very good scoring chance. And since he's about 20% of our goal scoring I'm will to cut him some slack defensively.

Nope...I don't have a new name on POI...waste of my time over there. I might slip in however on Monday - undetected (IP addresses are simple to change).

Vanek might have picked a pocket a few times - therein lies the problem. Zpar does this consistently and it is part of what be brings to the ice night in and night out not to mention his hustle and keeping plays alive. Not just occasionally or a few times during the season. I think if you count all the posts on POI that directly mention Zpar, God or whatever else you call him in all the threads started it adds up to one thing - Parise envy. Admit it. I surprised his name pops up even when the discussion isn't about him!

except seemingly stronger: the ability to carrying two "klingons" and then scoring scoring one handed.....

WPoS

Last time he accounted for 0% of the scoring. Are you sure you don't want him to play some D this weekend? :)

Yo, "Sergei" :)

Guess who's comin' to Grand Forks to do the DU at UND series next weekend. Hint: Get Smart.

Agent 86??!! NO? Darn...Missed it by THAT much!

We had Adam for the series against CC at the DECC. About 15 penalties per game, and they were evenly distributed. Perhaps drawing Adam is not such a bad thing after all.

That'd be me Grey One. Glad you noticed.

Besides, CM Guy, although a great guy, can't spell very well all of the time, eh?

Nah not big into doing a spell check on my messages....Never been good with the keyboard...One should not cast stones about spelling or grammar because everyone will (sooner or later) make mistakes in a post.

cmf . . . .

You are a great guy.  You was promising me a tall frosty one sometime.

Maybe we'll all be toasting the big sweep in a chumped out Gopher bar Saturday night. 

Come to think of it,  me thinks that Sioux fans will definitely be controlling the levity Saturday night.

Lets hope so...Yeah I will buy ya a brew at Mariucci.....errrr on second thought I guess that isn't possible. As much as a I hate to say it - no matter which one of these two teams is on top of the heap each year the series is always good and most important will be a blast to watch. One can only hope for more than 2 points out of the weekend - lets hope that turns into reality. Sure would be nice to post a few choice messages on Sunday morning.

Agent 86??!! NO? Darn...Missed it by THAT much!

We had Adam for the series against CC at the DECC. About 15 penalties per game, and they were evenly distributed. Perhaps drawing Adam is not such a bad thing after all.

Is your name Sergei? :):glare:

I hope you realize the foolish comment you made about Adam. The idea of making the penalties equal (the marble method) does not mean the game was called well. The team with more infractions should have more penalties. It doesn't matter who is winning, who has better players, or who would bring in more money in the playoffs.

NorthStar, you have been quiet this week. You aren't secretly a Gopher fan, are you? :glare:

Maybe you are just excited for the Gopher women's team to be on TV this weekend. :)

May have clicked the cheerleaders link from wherever that is and never come back.