SiouxSports.com Forum

BTHC Commercials on ESPN

IrishSiouxFan

Why are they giving ESPN their money? I thought the freaking BTN was the end all and be all of sports networks? I thought the freaking BTN was going to rule the world? Guess not.

Advertising their network on a rival sports network? I'd call that 'marketing'. The commercial is actually pretty good.

• Upvote 1

Advertising their network on a rival sports network? I'd call that 'marketing'. The commercial is actually pretty good.

But listening to some people brag up BTN, you would think they don't need ESPN for "marketing". But that isn't the case, is it? And yes, I am anti-BTHC. The BTHC is most responsible for the cannibalizing of the WCHA and what was once the best conference tournament in the country.

But listening to some people brag up BTN, you would think they don't need ESPN for "marketing". But that isn't the case, is it? And yes, I am anti-BTHC. The BTHC is most responsible for the cannibalizing of the WCHA and what was once the best conference tournament in the country.

I'd be willing to bet that they didn't buy directly from ESPN.The BTN isn't all too interested in advertising hockey in say Arizona, Florida, Texas, etc... That is why I think they bought from a regional cable provider(s) to air during that time slot. No matter where they bought from it is a very smart move on the BTN.

See i thought that too but i looked at some old schedules and Michigan hasn't played in Minnesota since 08-09 and not only that the helmets dont have the ugly yellow strips on them. I would be willing the bet that that clip is from a Gopher vs Sioux game.

It looks like there are some white stripes on the breezers, do we have those? Some of the blurs in the stands do appear to be wearing green......

That's vs UND. 7 is Kristo I believe left of net and Gleason is back right area on the face off circle.

Good marketing, hell besides all us college hockey fans/6 schools in the BIG I'm sure most have no clue that the new conf exists.

I don't know of any Gopher fans in my neck of the woods who are 'bragging' up the B10 conference or happy about the move. This was all about money and everyone knows it. I agree with you 100% on the cannibalization of the WCHA as we knew it and will miss the yearly trips to the X. It won't be the same...

I don't know of any Gopher fans in my neck of the woods who are 'bragging' up the B10 conference or happy about the move. This was all about money and everyone knows it. I agree with you 100% on the cannibalization of the WCHA as we knew it and will miss the yearly trips to the X. It won't be the same...

I think the fans who would be bragging it up would be from WI since Barry is the one getting most of the blame for starting down the path to get this stupid conference created. Gopher fans are not happy but are accepting because there's nothing that can be done at this point so we've got to move on and enjoy the season.

It doesn't work like that. The BTHC didn't buy space on ESPN, they bought space with Comcast or Xfinity or Charter, etc..... those companies put the advertising on channels that fit the client's demographic. So, them placing the ad on ESPN makes sense. I've seen that ad on the Big 10 Network and FSN, as well.

I wasn't referring to Gopher fans; most of them hate the BTHC. I was referring to the people that think the BTHC is going to dominate college hockey just because of BTN. That depends on the quality of product being put on the ice. Will this conference be solid top to bottom? Or will there be two or three good teams and three or four bad teams?

It doesn't work like that. The BTHC didn't buy space on ESPN, they bought space with Comcast or Xfinity or Charter, etc..... those companies put the advertising on channels that fit the client's demographic. So, them placing the ad on ESPN makes sense. I've seen that ad on the Big 10 Network and FSN, as well.

Okay, gotcha.