SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

Goodell didn't do this to himself, AP did! The fact that he sent text messages to the boys mother saying that he would do it again, really bothers me. He does not understand what he did was wrong and he needs help realizing that. He should be working on himself before playing for the Vikings.

There is no arguing that AP put himself in this situation by going overboard punishing his son but that doesn't mean that Goodell should be able to just make things up as he goes along when determining punishment and imo. 15 games is way too much of a penalty. I think AP has been working on himself as I believe he has been seeing a psychologist and has said he has learned different ways to discipline his child but I do think it would have helped AP if he would have shown more remorse publicly like after the plea deal on the court steps he could have had a big remorseful apology in front of all the media.

There is no arguing that AP put himself in this situation by going overboard punishing his son but that doesn't mean that Goodell should be able to just make things up as he goes along when determining punishment and imo. 15 games is way too much of a penalty. I think AP has been working on himself as I believe he has been seeing a psychologist and has said he has learned different ways to discipline his child but I do think it would have helped AP if he would have shown more remorse publicly like after the plea deal on the court steps he could have had a big remorseful apology in front of all the media.

There is a comment on ESPN's story about the suspension that kind of goes with what you are saying, "The NFL bases it's suspensions on how much publicity a case gets and how upset the public is".

There is a comment on ESPN's story about the suspension that kind of goes with what you are saying, "The NFL bases it's suspensions on how much publicity a case gets and how upset the public is".

I really think there might be something to that I have heard a couple different NFL writers on radio shows this morning say that and that is why a couple think they need to just have a third party handle all NFL discipline decisions going forward.

Probably not going to be popular with this, but I'm going to look at the child's mother:

What the heck is she doing letting an absentee sperm donor (he isn't a father) discipline the child? Why not just let any bum off the street whip her kid?

I'm sure she likes the hefty child support checks she gets...

I really think there might be something to that I have heard a couple different NFL writers on radio shows this morning say that and that is why a couple think they need to just have a third party handle all NFL discipline decisions going forward.

N.F.L. Was Family, Until Wives Reported Domestic Abuse

Call me cynical, but if Adrian Peterson played for the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, or Denver Broncos, he'd be on the field this weekend.

I am a cynical SOB myself, but I won't go that far.

If that was the case, Ray Rice would never have been suspended from the Ravens (a big market club on the east coast with lots of recent success).

I am a cynical SOB myself, but I won't go that far.

If that was the case, Ray Rice would never have been suspended from the Ravens (a big market club on the east coast with lots of recent success).

Baltimore's not nearly as popular as the three teams I listed...

Call me cynical, but if Adrian Peterson played for the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, or Denver Broncos, he'd be on the field this weekend.

Sorry but I think Robert Kraft would've cut him (if Belichick hadn't already). The Patriots have built an image that is family friendly and would not let this tarnish it. 

I think I would have an easier time agreeing with all of the media bashing Goodell and the NFL for not making the suspension retroactive if Peterson hadn't been getting paid.

That is why a lot of people were expecting a fine equaling close to what he had been paid while on the exempt list and then him being eligible to play this week or next week.

No offense - defense did nothing - best play a fake punt & im sorry but teddy has been no big deal

What did you expect from Teddy?  He's a 1st year quarterback in the NFL, with a fairly weak Vikings team, even if AP was playing (although AP would have taken some of the load off of Teddy).  Did you think he was going to lead the Vikings to the Super Bowl this year?

No offense - defense did nothing - best play a fake punt & im sorry but teddy has been no big deal

I think Teddy has been solid especially considering the way players around him are playing. The Vikings running game has been up and down all year, WRs really struggle to get open at all and the WR who has been able to win on his routes the most lately is a guy they brought in off the street a few weeks into the season, and their OL has been pretty bad all year with Kalil especially getting beat regularly and quickly not allowing you too many chances to throw the ball down the field. He did make a bad decision on the interception at the end of the game last week and admitted as much but also said with the clocks not working he wasn't sure how much time was left so I'm thinking that may have had something to do with him forcing that throw.

The defense was more disappointing to me Sunday because they weren't able to get to Cutler very much and allowed a Bears team that had been struggling to run the ball run for like 150yds. Blanton and Robinson were absolutely horrible for the Vikes and have been most of the year with where the Vikes are at I would like to see those 2 replaced by a couple younger options like Exum and Price just to at least get a consistent look at them and see whether they can be a solution to the problem.

It's an arbitrary deal. You can believe that both what Adrian did was wrong and that Goodell is making it up as he goes along. Justin Brent legitimately killed a guy and he'll have a significantly less sever punishment. 

Goodell doesn't give three craps about the kid. He's legitimately just listening to whoever is the loudest now.