SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

Quick observation. Lose this game and I have a feeling attendance is going to be terrible the rest of the season. Maybe fill some seats for Montana State and EWU?

Anybody got an attendance figure?

I think you're right, and unless something changes, 4-7 looks like the best possible outcome to this season.

Defense hasn't been horrible the second half. Then again, not sure why SDSU even bothers throwing the football.

Must be practicing the passing game. Would appear they could just run the clock on the ground and score more points if they want.

Isn't Hammer a UND guy? The color commentator is a former UND player...I thought they were a crew associated with UND and not Midco. Regular Midco guys would include Tom Niemann (SDSU guy).

Crowd shot of early in the first half indicated a lot of seats available...may have been in the student section. In any event, I had a conflict that didn't get resolved until late in the week so when I decided to drive up, I check on ticket availability with Ticketmaster (those bastards)...looked like nothing much was available so the wife and I decided to not drive up and just watch it on TV. What is the attendance?

Dan Hammer and the rest of the broadcasters are employees of Midco. But yes, they all have connections to UND. Dan Hammer does all of the UND broadcasts of the different sports. Midco has an office and broadcast set in GF now.

As far as the open seats, the band has a big section opposite the cameras that always looks horrible for the opening kickoff and start of the 2nd half until they get into the stands. But yes, you can see there are plenty of open seats in each corner of the Al. UND fans are used to all of our major sports being successful or at least competitive. Unfortunately the football program hasn't done much since D2 to excite the UND fan base and give them a reason to show up.

Am I the only one who thinks gfhockey is nothing but a troll? The constant rambling, swearing, misspelling and posting as if they are drunk just seems to be a shtick. Always wondered if he is a FU fan just putting on an act to make it look like our fans are drunk hicks who follow nothing buy hockey.

So, Lakesbison is on this message board using gfhockey as an alias?