SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2013

geaux_sioux

I wasn't looking at the Media Guide Booklet for Jer Garman's weight, I got the info from http://www.undsports...399&SPSID=58641 & compared it to the 2012 roster from the drop-down. The 2013 roster lists Joe Mollberg @ 232 lbs, so I'll assume it is updated & correct, as of now, for the 2013 season.

The 186 and 232 (Garman & Mollberg) were from the the spring roster (different from last fall's). Those weights were used for the roster in the Media Day publication as I sure most, if not all, of it was written prior to the start of fall camp. I am sure everyone was weighed and measured in the last week so we should see updated "2013 fall" weights quite soon.

Reading the newest camp report, the fact that Mussman called out Javen Butler by name as someone who is starting to click is exciting - I think that he could really be a missing piece of the puzzle at safety. Also sounds like the defense is really bringing the intesity. I would love for UND to shock us all and play really stout defense this year, although seems unlikely to be stout. I guess I'll accept some tackling and stops here and there and vast improvement over last years :)

Reading the newest camp report, the fact that Mussman called out Javen Butler by name as someone who is starting to click is exciting - I think that he could really be a missing piece of the puzzle at safety. Also sounds like the defense is really bringing the intesity. I would love for UND to shock us all and play really stout defense this year, although seems unlikely to be stout. I guess I'll accept some tackling and stops here and there and vast improvement over last years :)

He is a guy that can absolutely obliterate people. RB TE WR it doesn't matter he lowers the boom in a big way. Hits like Ankenbauer but runs like Hawkins only his hips aren't as stiff.

Just consistent good tackling all season long. They'll give up yards and points to certain teams, but control what you can control. Wrap up and bring guys down.

i'm thinking of watching one of the practices tomorrow...anyone know which gate/entrance you use and do you just sit on the west stands of memorial and watch from there?

thanks

Stroll right on in at the north west gate where the team used to run out. Hopefully they go live when you're there.

I know UND has alot of home games, and that the defense seems to be doing better, but I don't see them reaching 7 wins this year. I think they need to go 2-2 the first first four games to even have a shot at the playoffs. Personally I don't see it. Montana may be the best chance for the second win, but after last season I see them shutting Harden down and taking the win. If I am right UND fans will come by that much less. If I am wrong the rest of the season will be rocking.

I know UND has alot of home games, and that the defense seems to be doing better, but I don't see them reaching 7 wins this year. I think they need to go 2-2 the first first four games to even have a shot at the playoffs. Personally I don't see it. Montana may be the best chance for the second win, but after last season I see them shutting Harden down and taking the win. If I am right UND fans will come by that much less. If I am wrong the rest of the season will be rocking.

The best part about when teams try to shut down Hardin, is that you will see huge games out of Golladay and Jackson. Assuming the rookie QBs can play decent (solid receiving core will help), offense will not be the concern this year, defense will. Sioux could have that "big step" year if they take advantage of their home field position. They have an incredibly tough schedule, so they must win a few of those games again high ranked teams. An upset against E Wash or SDSU will be key. Even staying competitive against MT St. would be a huge improvement from last years embarassement, and would show that the team is taking the correct steps.

• Upvote 1

The best part about when teams try to shut down Hardin, is that you will see huge games out of Golladay and Jackson. Assuming the rookie QBs can play decent (solid receiving core will help), offense will not be the concern this year, defense will. Sioux could have that "big step" year if they take advantage of their home field position. They have an incredibly tough schedule, so they must win a few of those games again high ranked teams. An upset against E Wash or SDSU will be key. Even staying competitive against MT St. would be a huge improvement from last years embarassement, and would show that the team is taking the correct steps.

My thoughts as well. If teams decide to double up on Hardin they are in for a rude awakening courtesy of: Golladay, Jackson, Townsend, RJ...Casey Young seems ready to step in if called upon as well.

I hope they don't double up on Hardin too much because he is in a position to break more records if he keeps up the pace.

Also looking forward to any fall camp reports from those who have attended practice.

With Hardin actually throwing the ball (poorly at first then getting a ball in a trash can at 40 yards) that could maybe (A BIG MAYBE) open up the playbook more and have Hardin take the handoff, roll out to to the right side and hit Golladay, or TE for a short gain (TD maybe). It sounds like a Madden play but its been done.

With Hardin actually throwing the ball (poorly at first then getting a ball in a trash can at 40 yards) that could maybe (A BIG MAYBE) open up the playbook more and have Hardin take the handoff, roll out to to the right side and hit Golladay, or TE for a short gain (TD maybe). It sounds like a Madden play but its been done.

Not after how that worked out with Townsend who was a QB in high school.

I'd love to hear a practice report from someone on the QB competition. Right now we know so little about what has been happening in the QB competition. I watched the opening drive video and don't think saw either guy step back and fling something down the field.

One of you Grand Forks area posters needs to take a break from your normal life and get to a practice. geaux_sioux, man up! :p

I'd love to hear a practice report from someone on the QB competition. Right now we know so little about what has been happening in the QB competition. I watched the opening drive video and don't think saw either guy step back and fling something down the field.

One of you Grand Forks area posters needs to take a break from your normal life and get to a practice. geaux_sioux, man up! :p

Mussman was on the radio with Tim and Swyg earlier this week. He said that it was way too close to call. He said that it sometimes came down to the last play. If one of them made a great throw or a great decision, then they took over the lead. Or if they made a bad play they gave up the lead. It will probably come down to how they play in the opener, I'm pretty sure that both will get playing time.

Mussman was on the radio with Tim and Swyg earlier this week. He said that it was way too close to call. He said that it sometimes came down to the last play. If one of them made a great throw or a great decision, then they took over the lead. Or if they made a bad play they gave up the lead. It will probably come down to how they play in the opener, I'm pretty sure that both will get playing time.

Ill even bet Jake Hanson will get some snaps in that game.

I just hope we don't go to a 2 man QB like last year. Pick a starter and stick with him.

• Upvote 2