SiouxSports.com Forum

Another Bison arrested

SiouxVolley

One thing that is true and a fact is your men's and women's sports in their first year out of transition took LAST place in the BSC. (and last place by alot). I really don't see much improvement for next year. What's going to happen if you repeat?

Not entirely accurate. The Women took last place and by a lot. Combined Men/Women was last place and by a lot. The Men did not take last place. They took 9th. Not where they want to be obviously, but not last.

What really dragged UND down was the non-revenue sports on the Men's side and pretty much everything on the Women's side. I can see UND improving in WBB, VB and Softball next year.

The men really need football to improve.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I would not change athletic departments with FU. UND offers more sports, more opportunities for student athletes, better conferences, and better conference locations and yes, UND has hockey.

Edited by GeauxSioux

One thing that is true and a fact is your men's and women's sports in their first year out of transition took LAST place in the BSC. (and last place by alot). I really don't see much improvement for next year. What's going to happen if you repeat?

And how did your premiere sport of football do its second year out of transition that's right 3-8, and look where they are now. You know UND also has a history of being on top. Just because you are last (for us our first year out of transition) doesn't mean we will stay in the cellar forever.

Since when has UND had a premier program? I am pretty sure they haven't won anything in years....

Fun fact. If NDSU cut football, and UND continues winning national championships at their current rate, it'd be over 900 years before UND finally caught up to NDSU in football championships.

-14 consecutive years of having a player drafted in the NHL.

-6 players drafted this year.

-13 players played in the NHL this past season.

-Last two Stanley cup champions had UND players, and they both were captains.

-At the top of their conference each year.

-Highest attendance in all of college hockey and most professional hockey.

-13 players have won the stanley cup (I am not sure how many coaches have won it).

I would say that is a premier program.

-14 consecutive years of having a player drafted in the NHL.

-6 players drafted this year.

-13 players played in the NHL this past season.

-Last two Stanley cup champions had UND players, and they both were captains.

-At the top of their conference each year.

-Highest attendance in all of college hockey and most professional hockey.

-13 players have won the stanley cup (I am not sure how many coaches have one it).

I would say that is a premier program.

I like how Bison fans can now brag about winning championships since they only had a 21 year drought in their premiere sport. Once they move back down to the middle of the MVFC the bragging may cease a little.

Not entirely accurate. The Women took last place and by a lot. Combined Men/Women was last place and by a lot. The Men did not take last place. They took 9th. Not where they want to be obviously, but not last.

What really dragged UND down was the non-revenue sports on the Men's side and pretty much everything on the Women's side. I can see UND improving in WBB, VB and Softball next year.

The men really need football to improve.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I would not change athletic departments with FU. UND offers more sports, more opportunities for student athletes, better conferences, and better conference locations and yes, UND has hockey.

All your sports besides hockey are non-revenue, and you can bank on that. Hockey carry's the load just like FB here does. Better conferences? LOL - Locations: LOL How's it going for fans traveling to away games? Nonexistent

Time to dump this thread. Some may not know I am not an AC fan, and it is always entertaining to see the number of legal issues they have had there over the years. I think putting some dipwads picture with his weird story isn't necessary. The real stuff is enough fodder for laughs without having to embelish. The same folks at the AC respond about the FB or WBB championships they won (as if that has anything to do with the bloggers), and we tend to respond that we don't have legal problems here. We haven't had anywhere near as many problems here, but about the time we claim that, something usually bites us in the ass. One of Minnesota's most successful and respected HS FB coaches said after they won one of their 4 state championships in 4 years: "remember this doesn't mean you are better than anyone else". He recognized the importance of the role players, the backups, the support staff, the parents and the fact that they were blessed with opportunities and talents that some don't have. He reminded them that the hard work they put in would hold them in good stead the rest of their lives and to apply that discipline and hard work to whatever they endeavored to do. That is the essence of why we play these games. Times have changed and too many athletes, coaches and fans think winning a game makes them special or entitled. I hope as UND continues to improve and has future successes our teams and our fans can remember that message, regardless of our success. It might be a good time for some who think small college FB or even big time college hockey is that important, to read the letter Cliff Cushman sent to kids after he failed in his attempt to return to the Olympics to win a gold medal in 1964 after having won a silver in 1960. It was published in Sunday's Forum. Cliff later gave his life serving in Viet Nam as a pilot with the US Air Force.

• Upvote 3

We haven't had anywhere near as many problems here, but about the time we claim that, something usually bites us in the ass.

As someone said to me once, "We're just a lawn mower toss away from the next problem."

• Upvote 2