SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

UND's last title was before the implementation of the 16 team, 4 region tournament.

The 4 region tournament practically guarantees a region within close proximity of Boston College.

Just sayin'...

Not a geography major but the Frozen Four that was in Denver wasn't real close to the Atlantic ocean.

Just sayin'... ;)

I call Bull**** - most don't want him fired, they just want him to loosen up the "system" and win one finally

This. I don't want to have the guy run off yet but his unwillingness or (worse yet) inability to change up his coaching style when things are going south is tough to swallow.

UND's last title was before the implementation of the 16 team, 4 region tournament.

The 4 region tournament practically guarantees a region within close proximity of Boston College.

Just sayin'...

whoa now, some might throw you under the bus for even implying it could be a little harder now than the last time UND won a title.

Not a geography major but the Frozen Four that was in Denver wasn't real close to the Atlantic ocean.

Just sayin'... ;)

but to get to denver they beat miaimi in worcester(sp) to get there. and in the only time I can recall in the last 10 plus years they have had to travel west for a regional they got smoked by CCin St. Louis in 2011.

just sayin... ;)

Just sayin'... ;)

You see, Oxbow, first they divide the 16 teams into 4 sections of 4 teams each, which they call "regionals." From there, each region whittles down to one team, which is called the regional champion. The regional champion is sent to what we call "the Frozen Four"...from there, the national semi-finals...

You see, Oxbow, first they divide the 16 teams into 4 sections of 4 teams each, which they call "regionals." From there, each region whittles down to one team, which is called the regional champion. The regional champion is sent to what we call "the Frozen Four"...from there, the national semi-finals...

So 16 divided by 4 is 4. Got it....

Misread your initial post...you are correct that a "regional" is almost certainly close to BC...which is still a team UND can't beat when it counts.

So 16 divided by 4 is 4. Got it....

Misread your initial post...you are correct that a "regional" is almost certainly close to BC...which is still a team UND can't beat when it counts.

as dumb as may sound, maybe this is the team that can do it. stranger things have happened.

• Upvote 1

as dumb as may sound, maybe this is the team that can do it. stranger things have happened.

Possibly...have to get into the NCAA tournament first...which they are making strides to do with their recent play.

Anything can happen if you can make it to the dance. I would think that in order for this team to have any shot they would need incredibly good coaching and tremendous effort on the ice for sixty a game... the effort hasn't always been there and the verdict on the coaching is still out for me. None of this will matter though if they don't play well the next couple of weeks.

You forgot to carry the 1, but still arrived at the correct answer of 4 teams in each region. :lol:

When I was in 3th grade there was a chubby, freckled faced, red headed kid named Donald that used to say "I'm not so good at maff"...me neither.

Anything can happen if you can make it to the dance. I would think that in order for this team to have any shot they would need incredibly good coaching and tremendous effort on the ice for sixty a game... the effort hasn't always been there and the verdict on the coaching is still out for me. None of this will matter though if they don't play well the next couple of weeks.

Out of many Sioux teams in the past years, I think if this team has any strength it's the effort they put out. At least from what I've noticed, they seem to always lay it out there as far as back-checking, and diving to get pucks out of the zone on the PK. The series that comes to mind is in Omaha when Simpson was puking on the bench and most of the team played Saturday night sick.

Out of many Sioux teams in the past years, I think if this team has any strength it's the effort they put out. At least from what I've noticed, they seem to always lay it out there as far as back-checking, and diving to get pucks out of the zone on the PK. The series that comes to mind is in Omaha when Simpson was puking on the bench and most of the team played Saturday night sick.

And at the other end of the spectrum there is friday night against SLU... this is not one of the hardest working UND teams in my opinion.

Just sayin'...

Are you saying that those years that BC handed us our asses in the Frozen Four is because they didn't have to travel as far for their regionals? I call BS on this. BC may have had an easier time getting to the FF, but once there they kicked our butts. I recall a regional here in the Ralph where we flamed out at the FF.

Are you saying that those years that BC handed us our asses in the Frozen Four is because they didn't have to travel as far for their regionals? I call BS on this. BC may have had an easier time getting to the FF, but once there they kicked our butts. I recall a regional here in the Ralph where we flamed out at the FF.

2006, the Holy Cross-Minnesota game.

Just sayin'...

So our lack of success is due to the 16 team regional? BS again. It didn't seem to be too hard for Minnesota twice, Denver twice, Wisconsin, Minnesota Duluth, or BC. Roughly the same amount of teams and one wins the championship. Tired of excuses as to why we didn't get it done. I'm not blaming the tourney format when we had Oshie, Toews, and Ducnan and still couldn't win.

I might add that the 16 team tournament could be our friend this year.