SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. MICHIGAN TECH - Friday Game 1

AZSIOUX

Tech the better team that period. Sioux trying to many rink wide passes that are getting intercepted. Asking for trouble when they do that to damn often. Need to keep it simple and use their speed against the slower Huskies. Short quick passes and speed baby. Should be a good 3rd.

I was talking to a friend this afternoon and said that I hoped that the game was close and challenging, but that we win. We need the challenge to prepare for St.Paul.

When I said I hoped we were challenged, I really did not mean playing down to the level of the opponent.

Tech owned most of that period, except maybe the last 3-4 minutes, Have no idea how ND has the lead, they were flat coming out, and Gothberg matched the flatness with a weak goal He was good after that though as it was all Tech. Have seen the Mac hit replayed over and over again. Nowhere near contact to the head, totally clean, and Johnstone initiated the shoulder contact every bit as much as did Mac.

In the three times they've played this game has been by far the biggest margin between the teams. Minnesota has been all over BSU. But when you only get one to fall and you leave a scrappy hardworking team like BSU only down by one shot crazy things happen.

Now get the W in OT Beavs!

... Have seen the Mac hit replayed over and over again. Nowhere near contact to the head, totally clean, and Johnstone initiated the shoulder contact every bit as much as did Mac.

Checking too hard. Plain and simple.

Need to come out and WIN the third, every shift.

Checking too hard. Plain and simple.

Need to come out and WIN the third, every shift.

Yep, and Mac has really backed off on the big hits the last couple months, because of that type of call. He's simply not allowed to check in this league.

In the three times they've played this game has been by far the biggest margin between the teams. Minnesota has been all over BSU. But when you only get one to fall and you leave a scrappy hardworking team like BSU only down by one shot crazy things happen.

Now get the W in OT Beavs!

Shots are 41-11 and scoring chances 19-4.