SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MANKATO - Saturday WCHA finale

AZSIOUX

It feels good to own the league the last two years of the league.

Just keep running your mouth, son. Remember how you and your fellow Rodent fans were dancing in the aisles to Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" at the Xcel Energy Center on Friday semifinal night late in the 2nd period last year? Remember what happened in the 3rd period last year? It's tough to be on the business-end of Karma. You are playing with fire. Please feel free to continue posting asinine comments on here because the deeper the hole you dig, the harder it will be to climb out of it. :angry:

You shared it with Jan and you know it!!! :lol:

More Sioux fans would be hating on you I think, but we're too busy going elbow to elbow with ourselves. I picked Minnesota to win the league. Too much returning talent, and a good young goalie.

I hate the gophers like I hate work on Monday morning. But congrats, your team got it done in the regular season.

im sure Mariucci is trying to get a reaction from us. why? i dont know. scsu won it too. nothing else to do i suppose.

I'm a hard-core fan that is one of the worst losers you'll ever find. I expect UND to win every game. I put way way way too much emotion in college hockey, and my wife won't talk to me when I watch games.

I've only missed the final five once in the last 11 years. In the middle of gopher fans for the Potulny game winner, and the Wheeler game winner. What gets me is when supposed fans of my favorite team CONSTANTLY rag on them. I question coaching decisions, I question certain guys ability to play for them. But in the end, I'll back them.

A poster said it best a few days ago....If this team is so disappointing to some, why follow them? I want to throw the TV out the window, and throw somebody under the bus.....But I don't know if a true fan would constantly do that. Maybe I'm wrong....

And as I told that same poster, I have been a fan of this team since I was 6 or 7 years old and I will always be a fan of this team, win or lose. But that doesn't mean I won't point out what is wrong with the team and why it needs to be fixed. Legitimate criticism is not the same as "hating" or "abandoning".

Must be one hell of a celebration beings you're here, on the message board at siouxsports.com. What a loyal, devoted fan you are.

Showing his true colors finally. Dude is a troll but tries to pretend like he's one of the few tolerable Gopher fans(GFG, sagard, FHG etc.).

Like I've always said....you CAN be a fan of this team and NOT have your head buried in the sand all of the time. Criticism towards your favorite team IS ok. Just because they are poor little college kids doesn't mean we have to be blind idiots that can't see through our green glasses.

Exactly how I feel. I find it amusing how much some people, who I won't name...get their panties in a flipping wad when any fan shows some criticism after a loss. God forbid! Last I checked this is a bloody message board and is an outlet for Sioux fans. Whether it be celebrating a win or fuming over a loss.

• Upvote 1

And as I told that same poster, I have been a fan of this team since I was 6 or 7 years old and I will always be a fan of this team, win or lose. But that doesn't mean I won't point out what is wrong with the team and why it needs to be fixed. Legitimate criticism is not the same as "hating" or "abandoning".

Ohh, I don't question your loyalty one bit. You have always been a great poster on the site. Love to read the Schlossman rule, makes me laugh every time I do. :lol:

I don't mind or hate criticism of this team. Like you said, when its warranted.

Tonight, wasn't good enough. Yesterday wasn't good enough.....

I went to the game. We played fantastic the first period, tentative and-at times-lazy the second, and I'd say a push for both teams in the third.

Dr. Hindsight is a smart man but I bet Hakstol had that timeout in his pocket when we iced the puck in OT.

Its our cup til another team takes it. Of course the Cup itself should be in the possession of the reigning champ as long as they can defend it. I expected the cup to be in Bemidji at the start of the night.

That said I wonder when they'll come knocking to get it back? April 14th, first day of fall semester, ...?

I assume Minnesota being in possession will not be popular with the WCHA, or SCSU either for that matter.

Weird how this board works.

Let me get this straight. When hypocrites like Mafia Man and Wilbur bring up last night OVER AND OVER AND OVER again how that BSU tie was "ok" because of how "horrible" they AREN'T, it's FINE. Of course they kept saying this because MN only beat them by ONE GOAL. and was down most of the night to them.

But tonight when UM BLOWS THEM OUT....all you hear is crickets from the blind sheep. And when people point out the irony....we are the ones who need to "give it a rest".

Gotchya.

Like I've always said....you CAN be a fan of this team and NOT have your head buried in the sand all of the time. Criticism towards your favorite team IS ok. Just because they are poor little college kids doesn't mean we have to be blind idiots that can't see through our green glasses.

I watched Bemidji and Minny again tonight, siouxvikes. The game was 2-1 late in the second and Goldy picked up a cheap late one. Even Gopher homer announcers pointed out that Minnesota was dominated in the 2nd period, yet still somehow led by 2. In the 3rd, the Beavers had SEVERAL great chances but Wilcox made some great saves. Minny picked up two cheapies late in the game to make the final 5-1.

Per the announcing crew - Bemidji gave Minnesota all it could handle this weekend and they expect two tough games next weekend. But you go ahead and just look at your iphone app CHN that says '5-1 Gophers' and call it a blowout...

I went to the game. We played fantastic the first period, tentative and-at times-lazy the second, and I'd say a push for both teams in the third.

Dr. Hindsight is a smart man but I bet Hakstol had that timeout in his pocket when we iced the puck in OT.

I was flipping out over this too, but I believe he used it after the Rocco rush in OT when the faceoff went down in the UND end? Someone who has seen the game sheet please help?

Ohh, I don't question your loyalty one bit. You have always been a great poster on the site. Love to read the Schlossman rule, makes me laugh every time I do. :lol:

I don't mind or hate criticism of this team. Like you said, when its warranted.

Tonight, wasn't good enough. Yesterday wasn't good enough.....

Last night was good enough, we won despite not playing our best game. I guess some people (myself included) are just concerned about some things that will hurt us big-time in the playoffs. Giving up goals right after we score, giving up too many shots and scoring chances, ect. And remember, this is a place to vent to like-minded fans after a tough loss. That means sometimes being harsher than is warranted. I know I have posted some very negative things that 24 hours later I wish I could take back. Most of the people on ss.com are die-hard, legitimate fans of the program. The few that aren't are easy to ignore as outliers.

That said I wonder when they'll come knocking to get it back? April 14th, first day of fall semester, ...?

I assume Minnesota being in possession will not be popular with the WCHA, or SCSU either for that matter.

Well, both of them will have to give up possession of it sometime during the off-season since both schools are moving to different conferences.

Last night was good enough, we won despite not playing our best game. I guess some people (myself included) are just concerned about some things that will hurt us big-time in the playoffs. Giving up goals right after we score, giving up too many shots and scoring chances, ect. And remember, this is a place to vent to like-minded fans after a tough loss. That means sometimes being harsher than is warranted. I know I have posted some very negative things that 24 hours later I wish I could take back. Most of the people on ss.com are die-hard, legitimate fans of the program. The few that aren't are easy to ignore as outliers.

Very true. It is a message board, which is free reign for all to post opinions.

I hated how we got outshot 2-1 Friday and ended up winning by an empty net goal.....relied way too much on good goaltending. An effort like that won't get it done in the NCAAs. Plus, like you mentioned.....goal after they got the empty netter......grrrrr....

• Upvote 1

Well, both of them will have to give up possession of it sometime during the off-season since both schools are moving to different conferences.

I know, I'm just wondering how long McLeod will let the "traitors" hold on to "his" cup.

Does anyone have an idea on how the WCHA will play out if the top teams fall like we see. Does MN get the night games being the "home team" and should which thur. game will the Sioux be playing in if they stay 3rd seed?

My guess is that if the top three seeds win you'll see:

UND Thursday night against.....whomever. Winner sees goldy Friday night

SCSU Friday afternoon against the 4-5 seed winner who will be playing on Thursday afternoon.

Does anyone have an idea on how the WCHA will play out if the top teams fall like we see. Does MN get the night games being the "home team" and should which thur. game will the Sioux be playing in if they stay 3rd seed?

MN will play late on Friday night - it's the MN rule. MN always gets the late game in either the quarter or semi final for attendance reasons. The coaches agreed to this years ago. Thus, if seeds hold, it would be UND vs. UMN at 7pm Friday.

I know, I'm just wondering how long McLeod will let the "traitors" hold on to "his" cup.

With prick fans like Mariucci on this site representing Minnesota, I hope Bruce McLeod asks Don Lucia for it back while still on the ice for the Broadmoor Trophy presentation!

Very true. It is a message board, which is free reign for all to post opinions.

I hated how we got outshot 2-1 Friday and ended up winning by an empty net goal.....relied way too much on good goaltending. An effort like that won't get it done in the NCAAs. Plus, like you mentioned.....goal after they got the empty netter......grrrrr....

That's one concern, soft goals given up after scores have been ridiculous this year.

Second concern, we've leaned hard on goaltending the last couple weeks, that's dangerous.

Third concern, they haven't been able to get that second line ignited, after the last 2 games I think the Rocco experiment hasn't produced what they wanted and he would be better off back with the KK line, can't fault Hak for trying to get more production but it didn't happen this week.

I'm glad we have another week before the Final Five because they need a week of good practice right now.

That's one concern, soft goals given up after scores have been ridiculous this year.

Second concern, we've leaned hard on goaltending the last couple weeks, that's dangerous.

Third concern, they haven't been able to get that second line ignited, after the last 2 games I think the Rocco experiment hasn't produced what they wanted and he would be better off back with the KK line, can't fault Hak for trying to get more production but it didn't happen this week.

i'm glad we have another week before the Final Five because they need a week of good practice right now.

That is my biggest concern with the club. Its playoff time and we are nowhere close to seeing a consistent lineup. I'm a huge believer of Rocco staying on the top line, but then who fills out unit two? Mark M works with Parks and Rowney, but at the same time Mitch really hasn't been good with anybody, but Mark.

Its the time of the year when I don't sleep because of the enormity of hockey coming up. Thats another concern.

MN will play late on Friday night - it's the MN rule. MN always gets the late game in either the quarter or semi final for attendance reasons. The coaches agreed to this years ago. Thus, if seeds hold, it would be UND vs. UMN at 7pm Friday.

Yes this rule sucks but it's been discussed every year...and applied to Wisconsin when they won the Final Five in Milwaukee in 1998.