SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MANKATO - Friday

AZSIOUX

@UNDMHockey: "We greased one out tonight. A win is a win." -- Carter Rowney

@UNDMHockey: UND can finish no lower than third. “@SchlossmanGF: UND will play either Michigan Tech or Bemidji State in the first round of the playoffs.”

@UNDMHockey: UND is now 14-1-2 when scoring 4+ goals this season, and has scored exactly four goals in eight of its last 10 games against the Mavericks.

Thoughts from listening to TH:

~Need to find another gear......not a good performance, but found a way.

~TH said Zane was outstanding. But I think Clark tomorrow.

~Rocco all over the place. Surprised he's not on the top line. Maybe still trying to spread out scoring.

@UNDMHockey: "We greased one out tonight. A win is a win." -- Carter Rowney

@UNDMHockey: UND can finish no lower than third. “@SchlossmanGF: UND will play either Michigan Tech or Bemidji State in the first round of the playoffs.”

Looks like we need a win and a Minnesota tie or loss to get Bemidji, with a loss we would face Tech, if we win and Minnesota wins we get Tech.

~Rocco all over the place. Surprised he's not on the top line. Maybe still trying to spread out scoring.

No more updates for the game where MN was playing the "worst team in college hockey history"? What's that??? Speak up, I can't hear you.

That's what I thought. DOLT

No more updates for the game where MN was playing the "worst team in college hockey history"? What's that??? Speak up, I can't hear you.

Come on man, its all fun and games. If you can't take jabs, then get off the board. Your team won tonight! Orrr wait....aren't they your team?

If Saunders plays tomorrow, it would be going against what Hakstol said earlier this week, that if someone steps up, they have a chance to take over.

It's nice to gut out a win at this time of the year - my main concern is our nasty habit of puking up a goal almost immediatley after we score - I've never seen a Sioux team do this to such an extent. This is mental and concerns me that we are still doing it at this time of the year. Like someone else has said - It'll come back to bite us in the a**" - I hope not, but this is something we should be able to fix

PS: You can't hear me because its a message board....DOLT....wait....I'm not an online tough guy....

Come on man, its all fun and games. If you can't take jabs, then get off the board. Your team won tonight! Orrr wait....aren't they your team?

Uh huh It's just ironic how some of you can rip on the people who were pissed about tying a team as horrible as BSU is (oh, but they scrap! Yeah..scrapped their way to 5 wins all yr), but when you get it back, it's not as "funny".

That "tie to the worst team in college hockey history" could end up costing us the league title, but nah....no reason to be upset about it last week.

Uh huh It's just ironic how some of you can rip on the people who were pissed about tying a team as horrible as BSU is (oh, but they scrap! Yeah..scrapped their way to 5 wins all yr), but when you get it back, it's not as "funny".

That "tie to the worst team in college hockey history" could end up costing us the league title, but nah....no reason to be upset about it last week.

Ask the gophers what kind of a team Bemidji is. Or Denver....or Duluth.....or the Sioux....wait, they don't count because they weren't trying.

And if SCSU wins tomorrow that tie means NOTHING in regards to the league title.

Online tough guy. :lol:

From the way you were going on about it all game long Wilbur, I'd say he has a point with the "foot in mouth" thing...lol.

Ahhh, we ALL want the Sioux to do the very best they can. Everyone has opinions.

Hopefully we can win tom, and SCSU and UM lose. I'll take a tie with Clown for the title. As much as people were handing over the trophy to MN in the preseason, I'd love to see them lose out on the last M Cup ever. :)

Question...

Why did we clinch home ice last week and MN didn't? We have the same amount of pts. Is it because they had one more loss than we did? (But had 1 more win too)

If we both win tom, who gets the 2 seed? I would have thought MN does because they beat us H2H.

Any help would be great, not sure why I don't know that.

GO SIOUX!

From the way you were going on about it all game long Wilbur, I'd say he has a point with the "foot in mouth" thing...lol.

Ahhh, we ALL want the Sioux to do the very best they can. Everyone has opinions.

Hopefully we can win tom, and SCSU and UM lose. I'll take a tie with Clown for the title. As much as people were handing over the trophy to MN in the preseason, I'd love to see them lose out on the last M Cup ever. :)

Okay, if anyone couldn't point out that Mafia and myself were having a fun time with it, then I apologize.

And anyone who watched that BSU-Minnesota game wouldn't be saying anything about putting their foot in their mouth. BSU played toe to toe with Minnesota. I don't care if they've only won five hockey games. I'd be putting my foot in my mouth if I said Minnesota would win both games 10-1.

I believe UND has only lost 4 times in the last 23 games.

True. 5 times in their last twenty five games. Chance at a league title tomorrow. Didn't play well tonight, but found a way.

If the season ended today ND would have a good chance at a one seed in the NCAA tournament.

I believe UND has only lost 4 times in the last 23 games.

The most frustrating thing is that as good as we've played, we still have left some pts on the table.

How we gave up Sat's game to MN is still boggling my mind. And as "hot" of a topic as it's been on here all week, even you that have the "so green you can't see out of them" shades on have to admit that we need to sweep a team that's at the bottom of the league when we are at HOME. Regardless of how hard they play, the doomsdayers are right in the regard that BSU is a horrible team.

Just those 2 pts would give us a share of the title regardless of how clown does tom.

Oh well, cheers for win tonight when we prob didn't deserve one. Good teams find a way though!

The most frustrating thing is that as good as we've played, we still have left some pts on the table.

How we gave up Sat's game to MN is still boggling my mind. And as "hot" of a topic as it's been on here all week, even you that have the "so green you can't see out of them" shades on have to admit that we need to sweep a team that's at the bottom of the league when we are at HOME. Regardless of how hard they play, the doomsdayers are right in the regard that BSU is a horrible team.

Just those 2 pts would give us a share of the title regardless of how clown does tom.

Oh well, cheers for win tonight when we prob didn't deserve one. Good teams find a way though!

Every team in the league has left points on the table. It happens to pretty much every team, every year. It happens in the pros and it happens in college. It's part of sports. One of the goals should be to limit the number of times it happens to your team, but it is almost impossible to eliminate completely.