SiouxSports.com Forum

Let the Alaska rout begin!

01grad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs win!!! And nobody is here!!! Well, that was a huge win for the Dogs. Reich and Berkoel were both outstanding. A very enjoyable game, except for the...shall we say...biased penalty calling. Hopefully Shep leaves his DU goggles at home for tomorrows game!

...Sioux are going to the Springs end of March for the West Regional. Tigers will be there on the Michigan Rule.

I hope so! Already got tickets for that one. Fourth row up from the glass! Would absolutely love for the Sioux to stomp on the Tigers in their own building! Kinda get ahead of myself....

Here's to the Sioux for the sweep tomorrow night!

I hate the Gophers.  Sioux are going to the Springs end of March for the West Regional.  Tigers will be there on the Michigan Rule.

Buy your tickets now.

You never know. Grand Forks has to be about the same distance to Colorado Springs as it is to Grand Rapids.

Weird things could happen. The most obvious would be CC dropping to a #4 seed.

Another weird deal would occur if the season ended today.

Here is the PWR:

1 North Dakota 28 1 15-2-1 .8611 1 .6593

2 Boston College 27 2 14-3-3 .7750 2 .6026

3 Maine 26 3 14-4-1 .7632 3 .5919

4 Ohio State 24 15t 13-9-0 .5909 5 .5688

5 St. Cloud State 23 12 12-7-3 .6136 4 .5916

5 Wisconsin 23 5 14-4-5 .7174 6 .5661

7 Denver 22 7 15-7-3 .6600 7 .5646

8 Minnesota 20 25 10-8-3 .5476 9 .5574

9 Michigan 19 10 13-7-1 .6429 8 .5641

9 Colorado College 19 8 11-5-3 .6579 11 .5498

11 Minnesota-Duluth 18 15t 12-8-2 .5909 10 .5542

12 Dartmouth 15 9 6-2-5 .6538 12 .5468

12 Cornell 15 6 7-2-5 .6786 13 .5456

14 Michigan State 14 26 12-10-1 .5435 14 .5344

The WCHA would have all the #2 seeds and CC a #3. I don't think they would then send UND to Colorado and rehash the WCHA playoffs. But they might.

I do think it is still most likely that UND will be the number one in Colorado, I don't think it is a lock due to so many weird NCAA seedings in the past.

Back to the natural hat trick in one period thing .... I, unfortunately, thought right away about Brian Gionta's feat against Maine when he was a senior. Five goals in the first period (on 5 shots) without any intervening goals from any other player. http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20010127&vi...ome=bc&gender=m

Have to admit that was amazing. (Of course, I'm partial to Bochenski so think pretty-much everything he does on the ice is amazing. He must just pull the trigger so much faster than expected so the goalie has no idea it's on the way or where it's going. Last night, the goalie just kept looking around for the puck after Brandon shot it and seemed like he didn't know what hit him.)

He must just pull the trigger so much faster than expected so the goalie has no idea it's on the way or where it's going.

I saw Bo's last 2 goals of the night on TV. On his 3rd goal he was fighting off a defender who was between Bo and the goalie and seemed to me to have pretty good defense on Bo. Yet Bo snapped off a very quick shot that 5-holed the goalie.

On his last goal, he took the puck on the PP at the boards to the right of the goalie, skated straight towards the slot and fired it 5 hole again, I believe. From the replay it appeared Bo didn't look at the goalie until the shot was being taken. He was looking down at the puck until he began the shot.

Bo said in the paper or in PCM's recap that he thought he could score 5 hole on Reiter. My guess is that he or the team believes Reiter might be vulnerable there. Could be he used the screen to his advantage on the first goal and in the second lulled Reiter into thinking "pass" and then ripped a quick one between his legs.

Interested in hearing if others have a different take on those goals.

I also noticed on that last PP goal of Bo's that in the replay you could see Greene camped out right in front. My question is did Greene just happen to crash the net right then, or was he playing low in front of the goalie? It's important, because if Greene was camped in front I owe somebody an apology from earlier this year who posted that would be a good idea which I was critical of. I suggested you want someone like Bo, Massen, Genoway, Hale or Stafford or someone a bit more offensive minded and yet a big body in that role.

So if so, I'm sorry. I was definitely wrong.