SiouxSports.com Forum

Let the Alaska rout begin!

01grad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post the goals for those that might want to know the details, if somebody else is on feel free to take it further. I wish I could be there, but oh well I'll just watch the Wild, Gophers and listen to us over the computer.

The first one was Murray from Stafford and Parise.

UAA did a major holding and tackling job that period, whenever the Sioux got the cycling going. It is being let go. Unfortunately the one time the Sioux held (the stick), Schneider is given the penalty.

To the Sioux's credit, the UAA players aren't big/strong enough to take them down, no matter how hard they try :ohmy:

Prpich tried to get Fornier to go, but Fornier did his Claude Lemieux turtling imitation.

Parise line has been all over UAA every shift. Fourth line doing well also. The second and third line need to move their feet and get into position to make short passes throught the neutral zone. They've been sluggish all game so far.

Maybe the scrum will get all the Sioux forwards going.

0-0 Gophers and CC in a monumental first period. End-to-end, and a whole raft of unconscious saves by both Briggs and McElhaney.

Any of us who might think that the Sioux have a walk in the park ahead of them may well be sadly mistaken.

The WCHA is one ass-kicking league. Fall asleep at the wheel and only bad things might happen.

I hate the Gophers. Sioux are going to the Springs end of March for the West Regional. Tigers will be there on the Michigan Rule.

Buy your tickets now.