SiouxSports.com Forum

Let the Alaska rout begin!

01grad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blais should leave Bochenski on a different line than Parise. For starters, he's proven he can score and given us a very powerful one two line punch. Secondly, the hobey baker voters will never give Bochenski credit as long as he's on a line with Parise. Hopefully it gets out in the national college hockey media that Bochenski is doing this without Parise. Obviously a national title comes first and if they need to play together for us to win, then do it.

We take some dumb very noticeable penalties. However, the reason we lead the league in penalties is obvious. The refs don't call the game by the rules. Most teams we play get away with holding and dragging our players down. If the ref's called this, we'd be one of the fewest penalized teams because everyone else would have so many. That being said, thank goodness our penalty kill is so good and we need to keep our sticks to ourselves. I'm thinking of Green crosscheking an AA player in front of the net when we were already down a man.

Powerplay looked good. The fans do need to keep quiet on the shoot thing. I had people near yelling shoot when the puck was in the corner. The guys on top could try shooting/passing the puck towards the net more. Stafford really got rattled after being called in the crease twice in the first period. On Murry's PP goal in the second, Stafford never went to the front of the net. I love Porter in front. The goalie could not see. I could've swore that Bochenski's first goal had hit Porter.

The UAA goalie reminded me of Dana Carvey as the turtle in master of disguise. The guy's pads were three times the size of him. Goalie pads really need to be regulated.

No wonder other teams hate Prpich. I love his play, but I didn't care for his unsportmaship. In the second after play (possibly penalties) was stopped at center ice, he skated behind the UAA net and purposely knocked off the goalie's juice bottle.

I'm hoping for a lot more goals tonight. I really hope the other lines get going. They just seemed quiet. Hale played well.

I totally agree on keeping Bo and Parise apart. I disagree on the shoot thing. They showed what can happen last night when they shoot on the powerplay. The deflection goal and the rebound goal. If they can catch on their own, I won't have to keep yelling shoot. :ohmy:

I totally agree on keeping Bo and Parise apart. I disagree on the shoot thing. They showed what can happen last night when they shoot on the powerplay. The deflection goal and the rebound goal. If they can catch on their own, I won't have to keep yelling shoot. :ohmy:

My point is that the yelling shoot thing has gotten out of hand. I think a lot of people are just yelling it to yell. At least they are making noise. I don't see a problem with yelling it when a guy has a lane to shoot. Often times the fans yell when a defender is stading right in front of the player with the puck, or when the player has an impossible angle. One thing our PP blue line guys should do is fake a shot and move in closer. Then shoot or pass. Many power play goals are scored on deflections and we just don't seem to get many.

My point is that the yelling shoot thing has gotten out of hand. I think a lot of people are just yelling it to yell. At least they are making noise. I don't see a problem with yelling it when a guy has a lane to shoot. Often times the fans yell when a defender is stading right in front of the player with the puck, or when the player has an impossible angle. One thing our PP blue line guys should do is fake a shot and move in closer. Then shoot or pass. Many power play goals are scored on deflections and we just don't seem to get many.

Well I was hoping you thought I was more educated. :ohmy: I actually haven't heard too many people yelling shoot anymore. I believe there was only one fake shot last night on the power play. If they did it more often, I don't think they would have so many shots blocked.

However, the reason we lead the league in penalties is obvious. The refs don't call the game by the rules.

Penalty Minutes: Games PIM PIM/G

1 Minnesota State 20 377 18.9

2 Minnesota-Duluth 23 426 18.5

3 Wisconsin 24 433 18.0

4 North Dakota 19 320 16.8

5 Denver 26 423 16.3

6 Michigan Tech 20 301 15.1

7 Minnesota 22 331 15.0

8 Colorado College 20 295 14.8

9 Alaska Anchorage 18 255 14.2

10 St. Cloud State 22 262 11.9

...ergo you are the 4th most-penalized team in the WCHA. At lesat in PIM/G.

Penalty Minutes: Games PIM PIM/G

1 Minnesota State 20 377 18.9

2 Minnesota-Duluth 23 426 18.5

3 Wisconsin 24 433 18.0

4 North Dakota 19 320 16.8

5 Denver 26 423 16.3

6 Michigan Tech 20 301 15.1

7 Minnesota 22 331 15.0

8 Colorado College 20 295 14.8

9 Alaska Anchorage 18 255 14.2

10 St. Cloud State 22 262 11.9

...ergo you are the 4th most-penalized team in the WCHA. At lesat in PIM/G.

I find that hard to believe. Nearly has hard to believe as the fact that UAA had more penalties today than we did tonight... and that was 7 to 6. That means either someone can't count or the game went a lot faster than I thought.