SiouxSports.com Forum

is tonights game on Midco?

ringneck28

So if I walk into a sports bar and ask for a set to play the game on Root Sports, can I give them the DirectTV # or Dish # (if I knew it)?

DirecTV and Dish carry ROOT in their respective Sports Packs. I called Tailgaters here in Fargo and they are going to be airing it. I'm not sure who in Grand Forks might carry it especially being as most bars will probably want to show the UFC fights... I'd call around

No more stupid questions.

It's on root sports. Midco does not carry root sports, only dish and directv do.

Therefore, the game is only on directv and dish. Not midco.

Why do we have these dumb threads every week for games? Use google. It's your friend.

In all fairness to the OP, when it comes to the complex world of broadcast rights, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a 'stupid question'. See countless other threads on this forum if you don't believe me. Midco does not 'carry' Root in the traditional sense, sure, but there is nothing to say that rights to individual productions are not available to multiple media outlets. Midco sure didn't seem to have a problem carrying Cox's telecast of the Battles on Ice, but you won't find any other Cox content up here. Like so many other things, it comes down to $$$ and the willingness of two parties to make a deal. Not fully understanding exclusivity clauses, territorial restrictions and embargoes is hardly confined to the 'stupid'.

In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka, lighten up, Francis.

DirecTV and Dish carry ROOT in their respective Sports Packs. I called Tailgaters here in Fargo and they are going to be airing it. I'm not sure who in Grand Forks might carry it especially being as most bars will probably want to show the UFC fights... I'd call around

UFC instead of Sioux vs. Denver? In GRAND FORKS? Really? :silly:

In all fairness to the OP, when it comes to the complex world of broadcast rights, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a 'stupid question'. See countless other threads on this forum if you don't believe me. Midco does not 'carry' Root in the traditional sense, sure, but there is nothing to say that rights to individual productions are not available to multiple media outlets. Midco sure didn't seem to have a problem carrying Cox's telecast of the Battles on Ice, but you won't find any other Cox content up here. Like so many other things, it comes down to $$$ and the willingness of two parties to make a deal. Not fully understanding exclusivity clauses, territorial restrictions and embargoes is hardly confined to the 'stupid'.

In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka, lighten up, Francis.

so basically midco was to cheap to carry the root feed, but they did sell the feed to root for the games up here. Nice to see that midco looks out for its customers. Yes, they carried the cox game, but what a sham.