SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Denver

AZSIOUX

Official UND Alumni Pregame Party on Saturday

Before the on-ice excitement begins on Saturday, enjoy a pregame social in the Skyline Ballroom at the Courtyard by Marriot Denver – Cherry Creek. Join your fellow UND alumni, family and friends as you enjoy hors d’oeuvres, cash bars, drawings for exclusive UND swag and a rowdy atmosphere that is sure to carry over to the arena as the men’s hockey team works for a Saturday night victory! The social is set to begin at 5:00 p.m. MT and will end before the 7:00 p.m. MT game time start.

I am really looking forward to this weekend of hockey. I have a gut feeling that the boys come out of there with 2 points. It has been since 2003 that they have swept in Denver, so not holding my breath on that one. Lets just get the win tonight and see what happens tomm.

Per brads blog

You won’t hear this too often.

Denver’s captain says one of the keys to the game is keeping the UND fans out of it.

The game is being played in Denver.

Paul Phillips told USCHO in this story: “As crazy as it sounds, even though it’s a home game for us, it’s kind of like a home game for them. They bring so many fans with them and their fans are so loud. It’s real important that we can’t let their fans get into the game. We have to throw the first punch.”

Great quote from Rocco at the end and nice article on Rocco

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/02/22_biding_his_time.php#.USeT1H7I5Ak.twitter

As if the pressure of the playoffs weren’t enough, there’s one more motivating factor for North Dakota – it’s the team’s final year playing in the WCHA before it heads to the newly formed National Collegiate Hockey Conference.

“It adds a little bit to try to get your name on those trophies in the last year,” Jackson said.

“We’d love to go out on top and be the champions,” Grimaldi said. “Hopefully, we can take our program into the next stage being on top.”

So I am at Walmart this morning picking up some provisions for my pre party tonight, when I see another Sioux fan in a jersey. I yell Go Sioux and he responds. I run into him later in the store and he say's " Frattin is going to have a hat trick tonight." Did I miss something? is Frattin In the line up? All I could do was shake my head and tell the fella to have a good time at the game tonight.

I guess not all Colorado Sioux fans are up to date. Anyways, Sioux Ya Ya and Go Sioux.

I will be in Section 6 Row 5 tonight cheering for the 2012-2013 team not the 2010-2011 team, although that was an outstanding team. See all you Sioux fans at Magness tonight!!!

Lets get 4 points this weekend and see Gwoz with a big tear in his eye.

So I am at Walmart this morning picking up some provisions for my pre party tonight, when I see another Sioux fan in a jersey. I yell Go Sioux and he responds. I run into him later in the store and he say's " Frattin is going to have a hat trick tonight." Did I miss something? is Frattin In the line up? All I could do was shake my head and tell the fella to have a good time at the game tonight.

I guess not all Colorado Sioux fans are up to date. Anyways, Sioux Ya Ya and Go Sioux.

I will be in Section 6 Row 5 tonight cheering for the 2012-2013 team not the 2010-2011 team, although that was an outstanding team. See all you Sioux fans at Magness tonight!!!

Lets get 4 points this weekend and see Gwoz with a big tear in his eye.

And Toronto doesn't play until tomorrow in Ottawa. :)

Video requests can be tweeted to me after the game tonight.

I've noticed that for NCAA football/basketball games people post the entire game on youtube, I know its probably a chore. Anyway that's possible? I'd love to rewatch a lot of these games in HD especially.