SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 baseball

darell1976

Bracket Set for 2013 Great West Conference Baseball Tournament

Northern Colorado, which wrapped up the GWC regular-season title on Friday, is the top seed in the tournament and will play No. 8 seed Chicago State at 12:15 p.m. (ET) on Tuesday. The tournament will open with No. 5 seed North Dakota taking on No. 4 seed and three-time defending GWC Baseball Tournament champion Utah Valley at 9 a.m. Tuesday's third game will feature No. 7 seed NYIT against No. 2 seed Texas-Pan American at 3:30 p.m., and the last game of the opening day will pit host and No. 6 seed NJIT against No. 3 seed Houston Baptist.

Hopefully they cover this year's tournament as well as they did last year's.

Tough game ahead against UNC. We went 1-3 against them this year, if my memory serves. Although, the three losses were close and, in the last meeting, UND whacked them pretty good, scoring more than 20 on them. Baseball is a funny game that way. Go UND!

this is probably a dumb question but if und wins the great west tournament can they make the national tourney?

In my opinion it's not a dumb question. I'd like to know the answer myself. I believe the Summit has an automatic qualifier, but I don't know about the Great West.

Northern Colorado is stranding runners almost every inning. Scored a run in the bottom of the 5th but had the bases loaded with 1 out. We're lucky to be up 4-1 at this point and we're into the bullpen. Can't help but feel we're going to need at least a few insurance runs if we want to hold on to this one.