SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD - Saturday

AZSIOUX

When the team was winning Friday and losing Saturday.....always heard how hard it is too sweep. Two points out of last four games and I hear that the effort was better on Sat...Yikes. To me (IMO) Friday night shows me who has the best team, who's more prepared etc.....especially when you win by 2 or more goals.

Almost get the sense of satisfaction after the teams last two ties.....AA tied us on a Sat night after getting whooped by us on Friday.....something is not right.....I remember a game last year when the team lost to Omaha in OT on Friday night (Knight got injured) the next night we came back and won without Knight and Mario played basically with one arm. This team should not be satisfied with a Sat night tie after a Friday loss.

Our third line would be a good 4th line plus you have the option to mix and match other players. I don't think SC was too worried about being scored against when they were on the ice.

Our fourth line last night basically had one good shift and that was because the other teams line was gassed as they were out there for close to two minutes. Amazing how I read how well they played. Well coach didn't play them in the last 15 minutes.

Believe they have the talent just got figure out the lines. I don't think the top line was any better with Rocco on it and that is not by any means is saying anything bad about how the three of them played together last night.

Puck bunny...always loved that term. I swear, 1/3 of the crowd these days at Wild games fits that description to a T.

Puck bunny? Never heard that term, what's it mean, I didn't watch the video. I'm getting sick of reading the paper and seeing the words "hot goalie." Maybe hak will keep Kristo Knight and Grimaldi together now. This team needs to take lessons from other teams on how to block shots. And when is the last time the Sioux had any luck with a first round defenceman?

Specifically those three...Schmaltz looks totally disinterested on the ice. Mattson looks lost. Forbort had his best game in a month last night and that's not saying much.

Really? That's good. Watching mattson as a frosh last year I thought he was going to be the real deal. You're so right....I don't think schmaltz is even interested in hockey anymore. I started noticing that last year that schmaltz wasn't playing with that much intensity....the Blues must be worried.

Puck bunny? Never heard that term, what's it mean, I didn't watch the video. I'm getting sick of reading the paper and seeing the words "hot goalie." Maybe hak will keep Kristo Knight and Grimaldi together now. This team needs to take lessons from other teams on how to block shots. And when is the last time the Sioux had any luck with a first round defenceman?

She used to hook up with every freshman high recruit back in the day...fact. As for our first round defenen...not sure.

Matt Greene is pretty much the only big time NHL d man we've had come through lately and we all know he's not a 1st rounder. Not a great track record with the high end d men. Forwards are a completely different story in the NHL but great point in the d men!

Who doesn't love the term puck bunny! Lol

A 15-20 second lapse cost this team a win when no UND player made much of an effort moreless extra effort to secure the puck on the delayed penalty goal.

SCSU is decent, but I didn't leave the Ralph saying "Wow this team is going to win the McNaughton Cup or the Final Five". We gave them Friday's game and we didn't finish around the net...again...last night. Their PP is the best I've seen this year but 5x5 they really don't gernerate much offensively. They are soild on D but not great and when was the last time UND didn't make a Clown goalie look like an All-American?? What they do do is bust their a** for 60 minutes each night and that will cover up alot of their shortcomings.

Our team needs to be realistic from here on out and work to secure home ice and get to the F5...play well there and get into the NCAA anyway it can. Right now this team is inconsistent with play and effort, plays very poorly on it's own D zone, gives up too many soft goals especially early in games and struggles to find scorers not named Danny, Corbin or Rocco.

4 points in the last 6 league games with 4 of those games at home a 2nd half surge it doesn't make.

So for all you dewey meadows, colorful rainbows, fluffy kittens, and green wnearing glasses fans...we looked better last night, deserved a better fate, a tie is better than a loss and the season is still early as it's not even February yet so we still got the 2nd haf surge coming.

2 big games next weekend vs WI...a point isn't going to cut it.

After being at the game last night, I have a question about the defense. Did Berry change the D strategy, from a man to a zone or vice versa? What I noticed is a lot of not playing the puck and not covering the backside of the play. The goaI in the first period was a case of not covering an open man on the side of the net. I am not a great hockey mind, but are they trying to play a zone and someone in not covering their zone? What is the big change and why are they not getting it.