SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

To me, I find the Habs as offensive as the Gophers, I hate them. But this is coming from a guy that has been a Bruins fans since 1988. Think of it this way, The Habs are the Gophers and the Bruins are UND. That should put it into perspective.

So that would make the Blackhawks the BC Eagles and the Kings the Dutchmen? Or would Chicago be the Wolverines and LA the Soo Lakers?

Now that was great....one hand on the stick, no knee bend. That was very "men's league". Funny.

Right! You've got #38 trying to cover two guys by the net when the shooter could have easily been picked up by Employee #8 had Alex been interested in covering him.

I was continuing the theme of assigning college programs to NHL teams. Who are the Red Wings?

Think of a whinny college team that doesn't like to play gritty hockey and then you have the Red Wings... :)

Think of a whinny college team that doesn't like to play gritty hockey and then you have the Red Wings... :)

By "gritty," do you mean not willing to pull a Lucic on DeKeyser? Or being a crybaby in the handshake line after a series is over? I

If so, then by all means, call the Red Wings "not gritty." :)

Right! You've got #38 trying to cover two guys by the net when the shooter could have easily been picked up by Employee #8 had Alex been interested in covering him.

Just sent that to a Caps fan co-worker. We had a laugh. He noted Ovi pulls that like once per week. In looking at his +\- from last year those plays shouldn't be unusual.

I still would like to see the goal a foot wider six iches higher & more of a scoring race - so games were like 30 to 29 or higher

I know all u purist say defense is what u like & I too enjoy it - I just think it would maybe bring more fans to the sport - it takes many yrs of watching to respect all factors of the game - Especially goaltending - some are unbelievable some not so much but are streaky - seems whoever gets the best of the best goalies dominate

I'll stop now & put on my flame retardant suit

So far the Chicago LA game has not been all that exciting & the other series worse - I'd rather see the Wild Avs again

Not at all... I wonder if the Kings are banged up after their last series.

I was continuing the theme of assigning college programs to NHL teams. Who are the Red Wings?

It wasn't about that. Look at the way the Habs play, they mouth off and then hide behind the refs and beg them to rescue them. Then you have the Bruins who play similar to the gritty, hard nosed Fighting Sioux teams of past years. It was an analogy, a comparison.

I still would like to see the goal a foot wider six iches higher & more of a scoring race - so games were like 30 to 29 or higher

I know all u purist say defense is what u like & I too enjoy it - I just think it would maybe bring more fans to the sport - it takes many yrs of watching to respect all factors of the game - Especially goaltending - some are unbelievable some not so much but are streaky - seems whoever gets the best of the best goalies dominate

I'll stop now & put on my flame retardant suit

Hockey is doing better than it ever has. Why don't you just watch lacrosse?