SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Creating space? Seriously? How? By having everyone else in the infirmary with broken junk?

I don't recall me ever being a advocate for breaking a jaw... Now your pulling stuff out an area that I didn't go.

Oh I know the fines mean nothing to either one. My point is one is as cheap as one can get and could of put the player out for a length of time and the other was a harmless gesture. Hence the NHL baffles me at times statement.

You weren't picking up on my sarcasm - fines mean nothing. Now sitting a game in the playoffs? That would make some guys wake up and pay attention.

The "space making" cheap shots will only stop when they are too costly. They can only be too costly one of two ways: eye for an eye, or, major + match penalties plus no-pay-multi-game suspensions.

Have you watched today's game between the Blues and the Hawks? I saw a Blackhawks player slash, I believe it was Duncan Keith slash Tarasenko with a vicious two-handed slash. Of course the ref didn't call it. The kid was on the ice for one of the goals for the Blues.

But I don't. Remember Kris Draper almost having his face removed courtesy of Claude Lemieux in '96? Is that 'Old Time Hockey' that we need to get back to? Count me out.

Claude the Fraud broke his jaw on the hit, that was one of the most dirty hits I have ever witnessed in a hockey game. If that happened today, you would probably be out for the rest of the playoffs.

Have you watched today's game between the Blues and the Hawks? I saw a Blackhawks player slash, I believe it was Duncan Keith slash Tarasenko with a vicious two-handed slash. Of course the ref didn't call it. The kid was on the ice for one of the goals for the Blues.

Whatever it takes...the end justifies the means. Just like the Filppula play last season.

No, it doesn't. At all.

I don't recall me ever being a advocate for breaking a jaw... Now your pulling stuff out an area that I didn't go.

He said broken junk not jaw. And yes 2 handed slashes occur all the time to a stick or hands not ones family jewels. It happened to Spurgeon Thursday night that caused a turnover that caused the winning goal. It was a penalty. Not called in overtime.

He said broken junk not jaw. And yes 2 handed slashes occur all the time to a stick or hands not ones family jewels. It happened to Spurgeon Thursday night that caused a turnover that caused the winning goal. It was a penalty. Not called in overtime.

I've always been a big Brendan Shanahan fan but his handling of discipline last season was atrocious.

Not a smart play by Seabrook on that hit even if Backes would have probably done the same thing. Would guess he will probably be suspended and that definitely hurts the Hawks. Hawks have given up way too many late goals to the Blues already in this series just hope they can score one in OT and even the series up.

None of the Toews-loving Blackhawks fans on this board will say a word...

I'll bite. Hawks fan but that was shoulder to head and the right call. Tough for the Hawks as it helped get the game tied and if the Blues win the Hawks are in trouble since Seabrook will be suspended

I'll bite. Hawks fan but that was shoulder to head and the right call. Tough for the Hawks as it helped get the game tied and if the Blues win the Hawks are in trouble since Seabrook will be suspended

How about last season's Filppula incident?

I said broken JUNK. Not a typo, not jaw. 65Red can explain.

And you *did* say that Lucic breaking (slashing) someone's junk is OK because he was just "making space".

I said broken JUNK. Not a typo, not jaw. 65Red can explain.

And you *did* say that Lucic breaking (slashing) someone's junk is OK because he was just "making space".

Hey Genius, No where in here did I say that I "approved" of these actions. I said why they were doing them.

That works in theory, but have you seen Lucic and Perry, they're both a whole lot of nasty. While these plays are dirty, and questionable, they're doing these things for a reason. They're creating space for themselves.