SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

I was rooting for Montreal to make the finals, but that just isn't going to happen. A lot of credit goes to the NY Rangers coaching staff. They have observed how Montreal tends to feed much of their offense through Subban when he is on the ice. Their forward on that side is anticipating the pass to Subban, even on the power play, and is jumping in almost before the pass is made. Subban therefore has little to know time to do anything with it.

Montreal is being outhustled, and their passing was atrocious tonight. They are either missing the passes or making the wrong passes to guys who are covered. They got 41 shots on goal tonight, but many of them were long distance with open lanes for Lundqvist to see the puck. He is playing way too well to give up those goals.

Montreal backup goalie played well tonight, but he is up against a goalie playing outstanding. And finally, the change from Tortorelli as coach is a great move by NY. The Rangers are playing with discipline and staying out of trouble. Montreal is playing undisciplined (taking stupid penalties) and seeming frustrated.

Torts was so stubborn. So, so, so stubborn. I love AV's game. The short shift, roll four lines with the lead game is a solid approach, especially with the Rangers' team speed.

Subban has showed his true, selfish colors in this series. Was a liability in Game 1 and a big TO lead to the backbreaker. In Game 2, he was trying to be a one man show and go coast to coast too much. He's talented, but he's a "me" player. Learn to pass the puck, young man.

Lundqvist is on a different planet, right now. The 41 stops is a wee bit misleading as many of the shots were just thrown at him from all over the ice, but he was other worldly in the first. MVP type play.

Yea, there's no way the Rangers ever come back from being down against the Penguins...oh, wait. It's possible. The Canadiens are still a dangerous team.

Dude, you're an idiot. The Rangers are going to roll Budaj or anyone else who plays net for Montreal this series. It'll go five games at best.

so what you're saying is you wouldn't walk across the street to watch it. ;)

To me, I find the Habs as offensive as the Gophers, I hate them. But this is coming from a guy that has been a Bruins fans since 1988. Think of it this way, The Habs are the Gophers and the Bruins are UND. That should put it into perspective.

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 1

To me, I find the Habs as offensive as the Gophers, I hate them. But this is coming from a guy that has been a Bruins fans since 1988. Think of it this way, The Habs are the Gophers and the Bruins are UND. That should put it into perspective.

I missed your actual point because I was too busy throwing up a little.

Please, please do not compare the Bruins to UND. In any way. Ever. Even if it's just a simile. It's like comparing sardines to ice cream; don't taint my ice cream.

• Upvote 4

Please, please do not compare the Bruins to UND. In any way. Ever. Even if it's just a simile. It's like comparing sardines to ice cream; don't taint my ice cream.

I think Goon's analogy was spot on!

• Upvote 2

I prefer my ice cream sans sardines, as well.

I think Goon's analogy was spot on!

If you think about it, both teams have a history of playing a hard-nosed and edgy game with plenty of skill involved. The teams' styles aren't as dissimilar as some may want to think.

although with the amount of goons they have and cheap shots they do, maybe they are more comparable to Denver a few years back with Paukovich(sp).

I think Lucic may have learned a thing or two from watching Prpich get even on Paukovitch...Just sayin' ;)

• Upvote 1

This is how I feel when people compare UND to Team Thug N Slug (Philadelphia Flyers). I would pick the Flyers over the Hab-nots, but not by much.

If you think about it, both teams have a history of playing a hard-nosed and edgy game with plenty of skill involved. The teams' styles aren't as dissimilar as some may want to think.

I think Lucic may have learned a thing or two from watching Prpich get even on Paukovitch...Just sayin' ;)

I told my fellow Bruins fans that there was a lot of Bruins hate in the world. But that was what I was getting at. Hard-nosed hockey.

Aren't we being a little Melodramatic? :) Puking, I can't fathom the hallowed spoked "B" making anyone puke. :)