SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

It is so gratifying to see others finally starting to notice what I have been noticing for years.

Yeah, because you don't have any biases, right? I bet if Lucic was on the Penguins, you would be talking about context of the game. Am I right?

If you have Marchand and Lucic on your favorite team, you'd love them right?

I think I could live with Marchand because he is such an annoying little prick it would become funny if he played for your favorite team. Lucic on the other hand is just a dick. I hate everything about him. Spearing people in the nuts, always trying to start a fight after the whistle or after any sort of hit, taking a run at anyone that laid a decent hit during the game.

I really wanted to like the Bruins when I started following hockey closer three years ago because I was already a Red Sox and Patriots fan but Lucic completely ruins that team for me.

• Upvote 1

This post set off a crap-storm at USCHO back in June of 2010.

Add another Olympic Gold and Stanley Cup to the resume since then.

{stand by, firestorm to follow}

In the last five years putting all this onto the resume:

- 2006 and 2007 World Junior Champion

- 2007 World Champion

- 2010 Olympic Champion, including top tournament forward

- 2010 Stanley Cup Champion (team captain) and Conn Smythe winner (playoff MVP)

Is Jonathan Toews the best forward on Earth today?

I can't think of another guy right now that I'd start a team with; not Crosby, not Ovechkin.

If you have Marchand and Lucic on your favorite team, you'd love them right?

If they changed their ways like Cooke has basically done sure. I hated the Cooke signing but the guy has changed. Now did he try and injure Barrie with the knee to knee hit? Hard to say but he did pay the price with his suspension. I think I can honestly say Lucic will never change.

I think I could live with Marchand because he is such an annoying little prick it would become funny if he played for your favorite team. Lucic on the other hand is just a dick. I hate everything about him. Spearing people in the nuts, always trying to start a fight after the whistle or after any sort of hit, taking a run at anyone that laid a decent hit during the game.

I really wanted to like the Bruins when I started following hockey closer three years ago because I was already a Red Sox and Patriots fan but Lucic completely ruins that team for me.

I feel exactly the same.

I don't understand this at all. One of the best players in the world scores 1 goal in 2 rounds (13 games) of the playoffs and that's somehow Bylsma and Shero's fault?

As of Game 7 vs. the NYR there were, I believe, 112 players in these playoffs with MORE goals than Sid. I see your point but the fact is he isn't what he used to be IMO. He is not Ovi but................

As of Game 7 vs. the NYR there were, I believe, 112 players in these playoffs with MORE goals than Sid. I see your point but the fact he isn't what he used to be IMO. He is not Ovi but................

Crosby isn't what he used to be - so let's fire our coach and GM. I really don't care what they do as I'm not a Penguins fan...in fact, this might be a good thing for the rest of the East! If I were a Penguins fan I wouldn't think it's a good move.

Crosby isn't what he used to be - so let's fire our coach and GM. I really don't care what they do as I'm not a Penguins fan...in fact, this might be a good thing for the rest of the East! If I were a Penguins fan I wouldn't think it's a good move.

I agree. Not an NBA fan but this falls in line with Golden St. firing Mark Jackson. 50+ wins and playoffs last 2 years...but not good enough.

I agree. Not an NBA fan but this falls in line with Golden St. firing Mark Jackson. 50+ wins and playoffs last 2 years...but not good enough.

Exactly. I wonder who Pittsburgh is looking at bringing in as the new GM and coach? Davek - any inside info? Or maybe we should be asking gfhockey? :)

This article says that Bylsma "kept his job for the time being". It sounds like the status of Bylsma will be evaluated. Queue the circus music in Pittsburgh...

Penguins fire GM Ray Shero

The firing of the GM and not the coach basically says the team didn't/doesn't have enough talent from the roster he, the GM, assembled. Wow!!

As of Game 7 vs. the NYR there were, I believe, 112 players in these playoffs with MORE goals than Sid. I see your point but the fact is he isn't what he used to be IMO. He is not Ovi but................

Well, the first sentence was correct.

If they changed their ways like Cooke has basically done sure. I hated the Cooke signing but the guy has changed. Now did he try and injure Barrie with the knee to knee hit? Hard to say but he did pay the price with his suspension. I think I can honestly say Lucic will never change.

he didn't change...he went a little longer between incidents than usual but he didn't change...
  • Upvote 1