SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

Since the two teams split a November series in St. Cloud, the UND/SCSU Challenge Cup is on the line this weekend in Grand Forks. Stop by the SiouxSports.com UND/SCSU fan social this Saturday, January 26th inside the Muddy Rivers Ballroom (near downtown Grand Forks) to view the Challenge Cup, win door prizes, enjoy a free appetizer bar, and take the bus to and from Ralph Engelstad Arena. This event is free and open to all fans 21 years of age and older.

Here's to hockey!

Dave

Welp, according to "Through These Doors", Mitch Macmillian is still on numero uno line. I personally, would like to see Rocco there. You have to think the squad loads up that first line eventually by the end of the year.

My predictions of the line up for tomorrow:

Mitch Mac - Knight - Kristo

Mark Mac - Rowney - Parks

Drake - Rocco - St. Clair

Jim - Pattyn - Rodwell

Something has to be up with Chyzk too. From what I've seen from his play earlier this year, he would seem to at least find a way to earn a spot on the fourth line. I wonder if there was an off ice incident with him or something, not speculating and it's not my business, but i find it odd he can't crack the line up.

Welp, according to "Through These Doors", Mitch Macmillian is still on numero uno line. I personally, would like to see Rocco there. You have to think the squad loads up that first line eventually by the end of the year.

My predictions of the line up for tomorrow:

Mitch Mac - Knight - Kristo

Mark Mac - Rowney - Parks

Drake - Rocco - St. Clair

Jim - Pattyn - Rodwell

Something has to be up with Chyzk too. From what I've seen from his play earlier this year, he would seem to at least find a way to earn a spot on the fourth line. I wonder if there was an off ice incident with him or something, not speculating and it's not my business, but i find it odd he can't crack the line up.

I'll take these lines if Mitch stays on top line. I don't get it but I'm not Hak. No brainer Rocco should be up there. Connor for Jim I would take as well.

As far as Bryn, rumor in Fagro from some Force "insiders" it's an off ice issue. From what I heard don't buy it as it was explained to me. Nonetheless he looked good IMO when he played early so something is up.

Would like to see Zane after Saturdays performance.

I think pattyn stays with rocco and drake hak mentioned after saturdays game he like a lot of things from that game,so therefor I don't see any changes from last sat night including gothberg in the nets.

I think your going to see that line together again.

Jacked for the games this weekend. Buddy of mine is staying at lakeview suites down south and wondering where the closest establishment that runs a shuttle would be. Any of you GF natives help him out? I told him BWW but I saw Texas roadhouse and GR were closer but unsure if they have buses. Thanks in advance.

I think pattyn stays with rocco and drake hak mentioned after saturdays game he like a lot of things from that game,so therefor I don't see any changes from last sat night including gothberg in the nets.

I thought the thing I liked about that game was when Rocco was on the wing with Kristo.

I'll take these lines if Mitch stays on top line. I don't get it but I'm not Hak. No brainer Rocco should be up there. Connor for Jim I would take as well.

As far as Bryn, rumor in Fagro from some Force "insiders" it's an off ice issue. From what I heard don't buy it as it was explained to me. Nonetheless he looked good IMO when he played early so something is up.

Would like to see Zane after Saturdays performance.

Totally agree Rocco should be up top...MItch looks more than one step behind on that line. Regarding Pattyn, he definitely isn't as skilled as the others and should be playing on the 4th line, however, I don't know who would play center? From what I have seen (and due to his size) Rocco will, and should, be a wing. It is nice to have a center's skill set in case they need a center or if one of their men is kicked out of the circle. He is too small to play center.

Totally agree Rocco should be up top...MItch looks more than one step behind on that line. Regarding Pattyn, he definitely isn't as skilled as the others and should be playing on the 4th line, however, I don't know who would play center? From what I have seen (and due to his size) Rocco will, and should, be a wing. It is nice to have a center's skill set in case they need a center or if one of their men is kicked out of the circle. He is too small to play center.

St. Clair could center line with Rocco and Drake if Rocco doesn't. I know Hak is hoping for magic to return for the RPM line, but at the expense of keeping Rocco bottled up on the 3rd line I don't get it...especially if Pattyn centers that line. At least St. Clair can skate with Drake and Rocco.

Rocco has no business on the 3rd line with pattyn. Pattyn is a hell of a player in his role on a 3rd or 4th line but little to no offensive skill. I'm glad I'm not alone on this one because its a head scratcher and I can't remember this from a Hak line up in previous years. Hope it clicks if they are indeed the same.

Danny , Corban and Rocco all shine this weekend. Still thinking 12 plus points combined over the weekend in some entertaining WCHA games!

Sioux sweep!

my understanding of why rocco isn't on that top line is because the coaching staff believes or is hoping that with keeping rocco off that line you can have 3-4 lines capable of scoring which makes it harder for opposing teams to defend.

I think we all get it and makes sense but his skill set is very very high. If he's 3 inches taller he's a potential top 10 pick no questions asked. Regardless of that we all know what he can do. The 3rd line thing isn't the issue I believe, it's who he's been playing with which seems to be odd. Pattyn and Grimaldi are 2 completely different players with completely different roles but are skating on same line.