SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

I just want to see Rocco playing with a higher skill set of players on his line.

I'd like to see Rocco - Knight - Kristo or

Parks - Rocco - Mark Mac

It's time to see what Rocco can really do with more high end skill. We saw a glimpse against Team USA in the exhibition game when he was paired with Knight and Kristo.

Zane hasn't had a perfect game game but he gets better as the game goes on. He will be playing every night for UND someday soon! Clarke is number 1 but Zane has a few wins. I like this goalie situation. Clarke was a hell of a steal especially after UAH saved their program. I'm sure he has a few offers. Smack Rau around that ice.

I just want to see Rocco playing with a higher skill set of players on his line.

I'd like to see Rocco - Knight - Kristo or

Parks - Rocco - Mark Mac

It's time to see what Rocco can really do with more high end skill. We saw a glimpse against Team USA in the exhibition game when he was paired with Knight and Kristo.

If you put Rocco on the first line the other 3 lines have no scoring threats at all.

Huh? One bad goal. Two directly attributed to poor plays by teammates. Zane kept UND In the game I watched on Saturday. I don't get what some people expect at times.

You got people saying that Clarke Saunders is shaky I have yet to see an instance where Zane has played better than Clarke. It's not even close between the two goalies.

You got people saying that Clarke Saunders is shaky I have yet to see an instance where Zane has played better than Clarke. It's not even close between the two goalies.

I think Clarke has been shaky at times, but I agree with you Goon. He's been far better than Gothberg has. Not even close. Saunders had a couple shaky games and I have a feeling Hakstol wanted to send him a statement that he needs to be ready to play at the top of his game when they get to Minneapolis

The goalie that replaced him was less sharp on Saturday.

And that has what to do with Clark's last 2 starts??? He is our #1 goalie. He needs to play better than his last 2 outings to give this team a chance. Not too complicated.

UND has more depth at forward? Even though Minnesota is #1 in scoring this year? Keep dreaming.

Stats are relative only vs. the competition and scheduled played to date. No way UM has the same stats offensively or defensively if they played the same schedule that UND has to date.

Now with that being said UM is currently playing as well as anyone in the country.

Stats are relative only vs. the competition and scheduled played to date. No way UM has the same stats offensively or defensively if they played the same schedule that UND has to date.

Gophers have played 8 games vs TUCs while UND has played 9. Not a huge difference. I dont know where to find teams strength of schedule to date, maybe someone else can.

Gophers have played 8 games vs TUCs while UND has played 9. Not a huge difference. I dont know where to find teams strength of schedule to date, maybe someone else can.

And according to KRACH (by far the best statistical measure) UND has played the 11th toughest schedule, where Minnesota has played 26th.

I think these teams stack up well against each other. I've been saying it since before the season started. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rendezvous in the Frozen Four. What a way to end a storied WCHA rivalry!

Both teams were rolling up until UND lost to CC. Perhaps that served as a little wake-up call? We'll have to see. Both teams have some superstars. UND has been getting more out of Danny and Corban than UM has out of Bjugstad and Budish- although Haula is a stud. They are tied for second in points in the WCHA, each with 2 games in hand.

I like Mariucci, he gives solid posts, so this is not directed at him, but I live in Mpls- have two degrees from the University of Minnesota- and one thing is as certain as death and taxes: If Minnesota gets ranked (in any sport) but mostly hockey, the rubes come out of the woodwork. People who don't know hockey instantly crown the team champion. How great they are...how terrible everyone else is...

Both teams were rolling up until UND lost to CC. Perhaps that served as a little wake-up call? We'll have to see.

Could one say the same thing about UM up until their 5-min major PP against AA on Friday? I saw very little of that game, so I have no idea how UM actually played; but they were possibly 4 minutes from losing on Friday as well.

Zane hasn't had a perfect game game but he gets better as the game goes on.

that's his problem as he let's in one or two bad ones early and und needs to dig itself out of a an early hole. if he does that against a really good team we don't come back, i.e.notre dame. saunders has been in a funk his last few starts but I feel more comfortable with him this weekend than gothberg.

And according to KRACH (by far the best statistical measure) UND has played the 11th toughest schedule, where Minnesota has played 26th.

I think these teams stack up well against each other. I've been saying it since before the season started. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rendezvous in the Frozen Four. What a way to end a storied WCHA rivalry!

Both teams were rolling up until UND lost to CC. Perhaps that served as a little wake-up call? We'll have to see. Both teams have some superstars. UND has been getting more out of Danny and Corban than UM has out of Bjugstad and Budish- although Haula is a stud. They are tied for second in points in the WCHA, each with 2 games in hand.

I like Mariucci, he gives solid posts, so this is not directed at him, but I live in Mpls- have two degrees from the University of Minnesota- and one thing is as certain as death and taxes: If Minnesota gets ranked (in any sport) but mostly hockey, the rubes come out of the woodwork. People who don't know hockey instantly crown the team champion. How great they are...how terrible everyone else is...

One of my best friends in the whole wide world (gopher fan) lives in Minnesota, and he even admits its disgusting to see the bandwagon jumping that occurs with Minnesota hockey, and all programs for that matter at the U. (Everybody remembers that wonderful gophers women's basketball team right? Right?)

I'll kind of steal a line from Lou Holtz though. College hockey is better off when Minnesota is relevant. Bottom line.

One of my best friends in the whole wide world (gopher fan) lives in Minnesota, and he even admits its disgusting to see the bandwagon jumping that occurs with Minnesota hockey, and all programs for that matter at the U. (Everybody remembers that wonderful gophers women's basketball team right? Right?)

I'll kind of steal a line from Lou Holtz though. College hockey is better off when Minnesota is relevant. Bottom line.

Isn't this true at every school to a point though? I remember the old Ralph in the mid '90's with a LOT of empty seats. When the team wasn't doing well a good portion of the fanbase didn't have the time for them. Then the program turned around and the fans came back.

'Mariucci'

]http://siouxsports.c...y/rankings/rpi/

Check out SOS rank column

4th vs. 23rd is a big disparity as is 11th vs. 26th (Krach).