SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ St. Cloud St.

AZSIOUX

Awesome! Thanks! Anyone else going? Wheres the best pre-game and post game places to go in St. Cloud?

Full disclosure (as many of you know): I am a SCSU fan and am an alum of both of these schools so this is always a fun one for me. In any event, I'll be making the trip on Friday with a Sioux fan. Can hardly contain my excitement this week.

A number of downtown bars have shuttles that will take you to and from the Hockey Center. Among them: McRudy's, Howie's, and MC's Dugout. There are more, I just can't remember which ones. As others have noted, MC's Dugout and The Red Carpet (and adjacent martini lounge) are popular spots. Also, I would suggest the White Horse and/or House of Pizza for pregame food and drinks.

There are usually a large contingent of Sioux fans in St. Cloud for this series, you'll have a good time.

Full disclosure (as many of you know): I am a SCSU fan and am an alum of both of these schools so this is always a fun one for me. In any event, I'll be making the trip on Friday with a Sioux fan. Can hardly contain my excitement this week.

A number of downtown bars have shuttles that will take you to and from the Hockey Center. Among them: McRudy's, Howie's, and MC's Dugout. There are more, I just can't remember which ones. As others have noted, MC's Dugout and The Red Carpet (and adjacent martini lounge) are popular spots. Also, I would suggest the White Horse and/or House of Pizza for pregame food and drinks.

There are usually a large contingent of Sioux fans in St. Cloud for this series, you'll have a good time.

Can you guarantee I'll have a good time? I'm on the fence about attending.

Awesome I got tickets. Good tickets left got some glass seats on the Sioux end. Either way should be a good weekend. Anyone have any good suggestions for hotels that are reasonable? Saw a few online that looked good and close to downtown and the National Center.

Awesome I got tickets. Good tickets left got some glass seats on the Sioux end. Either way should be a good weekend. Anyone have any good suggestions for hotels that are reasonable? Saw a few online that looked good and close to downtown and the National Center.

Last year I stayed at the Holiday Inn. I thought the rates were reasonable and there is a nice restaurant/bar attached. It's also close to shopping centers and a variety of other restaurants.

It's a little bit of a distance from the National Hockey Center but has a shuttle bus that can take you to and from the games. The shuttle closes down at 10:00 pm but the driver was willing to run the bus a little later for folks attending the games. Otherwise, I believe a lot of Sioux fans stay at the Kelly Inn downtown.

Unfortunately I can't make the trip this year. I hope everyone has a good time!

This makes me feel even better about this weekend, just gotta find a way to finish the chances, really thinking it will be the first Sioux sweep of the season.

Schlossman@SchlossmanGF

SCSU's Ben Hanowski and Joey Benik are out for this weekend; David Morley is day-to-day http://on.sctimes.com/SSYPQw

Huge loss for SCSU not having Hanowski in the lineup. Still very tough at home. I'll stick with the series split.

Huge loss for SCSU not having Hanowski in the lineup. Still very tough at home. I'll stick with the series split.

I think split is a safe bet too, but won't be surprised if they change the fortunes of SCSU on Friday nights.

I think split is a safe bet too, but won't be surprised if they change the fortunes of SCSU on Friday nights.

Given that we haven't won on Friday there in the last 10 years, it sure would be nice to pick up a win Friday and actually have an opportunity to sweep!

Given that we haven't won on Friday there in the last 10 years, it sure would be nice to pick up a win Friday and actually have an opportunity to sweep!

I'm sure the players are aware of the Friday night curse and will put in the a solid effort it's not like they have anything to do Saturday besides rest up in the hotel after a night of hard work.

In the past all fans have been invited to the SCSU Center Ice Club pre-game social. Don't think that has changed - it's at Brothers Pub in downtown St. Cloud Saturday at 4:00.

We'll start congregating there as early as 3:30 on Saturday afternoon. Brothers (119 Fifth Avenue South) is within walking distance of the Kelly Inn.

Dave