SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. USA u18

AZSIOUX

Still not getting it on DTV. Midco owes us $7.95 for having to buy the game online. :sad:

Are you talking DirecTV? It was announced before the game that it wouldn't be on FCS on DirecTV but rest season should. I'm pretty sure in past DirecTV has not been able to show a game due to too much other stuff being on. Not sure if that was issue tonight. Iceberg am I dreaming on this scenario?

My DVD recorded last weeks game. Awesome.

Glad for the win, but 7 goals allowed in 2 exhibition games is a bit of a concern.

How did we look defensively? I take it Gothberg let in more goals?

Thanks...would've been nice to be able to watch this one...

Lacking physicality defensively. Looking too much for offense. Saunders looked real good.

Are you talking DirecTV? It was announced before the game that it wouldn't be on FCS on DirecTV but rest season should. I'm pretty sure in past DirecTV has not been able to show a game due to too much other stuff being on. Not sure if that was issue tonight. Iceberg am I dreaming on this scenario?

The game showed in the guide (I saw it listed under 626) but due to MIdco screwing up with the way they sent the feed out to other cable companies and FCS the 1st hour + of the game didnt show. All that was there was sound...no video. This did not affect Midco subs as they get a direct feed (obviously)

I had posted a few things when it was happening

Someone had a sense of humor tonight, the fan favorite call in players of the game choices were:

29 Chyzyk

26 Sanderson

35 Maris

I had seen 29 out there a couple of times, noticed 26 once, and Maris got the fan favorite results before he ever got on the ice!

Couple of thoughts, I thought Senkbeil made some decent plays out there tonight although I don't think he got any points.

Saunders looked real good except for the goal that went in and he had gotten out of position. We were totally outshot but was fun having 3 goals on 4 shots! (.25 save percentage?) And yes, the crowd roared when Maris came in with 2 minutes left in the game, he did make an outstanding save though!

My DVD recorded last weeks game. Awesome.

Glad for the win, but 7 goals allowed in 2 exhibition games is a bit of a concern.

How did we look defensively? I take it Gothberg let in more goals?

Thanks...would've been nice to be able to watch this one...

Hak said it best after the game. Not a ton of emotion going into the game. You could tell which team was more excited to be playing that hockey game, and it wasn't the guys in white and green.

Defensively they're still looking for the right pairings. Seemed like everyone was playing with everyone. The only guy that played remotely physical was MacWilliam, and I guess you could put Forbort on that list during certain moments. Of the four goals scored they'd probably want them all back.

~Goal #1.....misplay by Saunders and the defense.

~Goal #2.....they leave a guy open right in front of the net for a one timer you or I could connect on.

~Goal #3.....Gothberg kicks out a huge rebound to a guy nobody picked up.

~Goal #4.....Gothberg gets beat under the glove on a quick shot by Fasching that he'll tell you he should have stopped.

Clark Saunders was fantastic in the net. Made a ton of good saves, and was in the right position to make the saves as well. I think he starts next week in Alaska.