SiouxSports.com Forum

Preseason Predictions

sioux24/7

I think Montana will be the team to beat, however they have had a few blows this offseason in which Cherry broke his foot, out 10-12 weeks. (potentially could take a redshirt) and having their 7' JUCO transfer declared inelgible (think they are trying 1 last time to get him eligible). Weber will still be strong and UNC will be tough.

I think Montana will be the team to beat, however they have had a few blows this offseason in which Cherry broke his foot, out 10-12 weeks. (potentially could take a redshirt) and having their 7' JUCO transfer declared inelgible (think they are trying 1 last time to get him eligible). Weber will still be strong and UNC will be tough.

Where do you see UND ending up? I can see the 4-6 range.

UND could be dancing in 5 months....that is just excitement enough!!! There are 7 teams for the BSC tournament and the regular season champs hosts the tourny. If UND wins that could you imagine playing it at the Betty, or Ralph? A lot of excitement plus another trip to Fargo for the team in December. Win or lose its going to be a fun year.

Where do you see UND ending up? I can see the 4-6 range.

I am think around that range as well. I think with the amount of time these guys have played together already plus some key JUCO will blend together to finish in the 4-6 range. Im thinking 5 to hedge my bets, but I'll look at what people have before ranking 1-11

Given what we've seen from Jones' teams over his time here, I'm thinking North Dakota will finish in the top half of the league standings, and then go on a run through the post-season tournament. Even going back to NCC days, his teams have normally been playing their best basketball at the end of the season....................

Given what we've seen from Jones' teams over his time here, I'm thinking North Dakota will finish in the top half of the league standings, and then go on a run through the post-season tournament. Even going back to NCC days, his teams have normally been playing their best basketball at the end of the season....................

The team needs to learn how to:

1. win on the road

2. make a free throw

• Upvote 2

I'm going to say North Dakota will fall somewhere amongst the top 5 teams by the end of the season. There are alot of talented kids on this team, and several playmakers. I've seen this team perform well against top Big Sky teams and other mid-majors the past two years, and I've seen them perform poorly against low-end Big Sky teams and other mid-majors the past two years. I think that the consistency that the Big Sky schedule will provide this experienced group of players will be a major benefit this season.

I'm sorry but I understand why we're projecting our men's team to be so low? I'm thinking closer to the top 3 spot. Very experienced, athletic, BIG, and hungry! Those ingredients=big dance!

Haven't proven they can win on the road yet and free throw shooting are the two reasons that pop into my mind. The potential is there, just need some results to back it up.

It won't take long into the season to see how things may shape up and who will be doing what. Six of our first seven games are against extremely good competition that will test us immediately. At Kansas State, at UNI, at NDSU, at Hawaii and then home against SDSU and UMKC. That is a brutal start in my opionion. Having said this, even if we dont come out of these games at .500 or better it will better prepare us for the Big Sky schedule and that is truly all that matters. I totally agree we have the talent and the experience now, but do we have the committment to play as a team. I still believe we have lacked this in the past. The depth this year will definately help improve this cause we will have a solid backup at every position. Returning 5 of our top 6 scorers in Webb, Anderson, Huff, Brekke and Schuler is once again a huge plus and all being juniors. This year we are top half of the Big Sky but next year we should be at the top with this class being all seniors and the additions of the other players. Go Sioux

It won't take long into the season to see how things may shape up and who will be doing what. Six of our first seven games are against extremely good competition that will test us immediately. At Kansas State, at UNI, at NDSU, at Hawaii and then home against SDSU and UMKC. That is a brutal start in my opionion. Having said this, even if we dont come out of these games at .500 or better it will better prepare us for the Big Sky schedule and that is truly all that matters. I totally agree we have the talent and the experience now, but do we have the committment to play as a team. I still believe we have lacked this in the past. The depth this year will definately help improve this cause we will have a solid backup at every position. Returning 5 of our top 6 scorers in Webb, Anderson, Huff, Brekke and Schuler is once again a huge plus and all being juniors. This year we are top half of the Big Sky but next year we should be at the top with this class being all seniors and the additions of the other players. Go Sioux

Actually, we are on the road in Brookings taking on the Jackrabbits as well. It's a gauntlet of a schedule to start that is for sure.

I'm sorry but I understand why we're projecting our men's team to be so low? I'm thinking closer to the top 3 spot. Very experienced, athletic, BIG, and hungry! Those ingredients=big dance!

Big Dance? Big Question= Can Jones coach??? Can Huff be a team player? Can they shoot FT's at 60%? Will any of the new Big Guys be able to play? Lots of questions. Season could be memorable OR it could be forgettable. Time will tell, but I think there are still unanswered questions about this program. I hope the result is the best UND MBB season in many years, but there are a lot of unknowns.