SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 6 EWU

geaux_sioux

And to me that is the biggest change in the last 1 1/2 games. The first 4 games Henrickson was able to chuck up the deep ball and our receivers used their skills to come down with it. We were gaining yards in huge chunks which led to the high scores. Against Cal Poly and from what I've seen tonight, the opposing D is focusing on stopping the deep ball and when we do get a guy open, Hendrickson either overthrows him or we drop the ball. Hanson leads a more methodical drive which will chew up clock and should be more effective as the D is playing the deep ball.

I think its pretty obvious to see the Hendrickson performed above his abilities earlier this year (and thank goodness for that). But Hanson should have control from here on out...

I agree now. Tonight's game-plan basically made Hendrickson damaged goods from here on out as far as I am concerned. I think he could complete a bubble screen or a 3 yard crossing pattern as easily as Hanson.

Hanson needs to play the rest of the way.

I agree now. Tonight's game-plan basically made Hendrickson damaged goods from here on out as far as I am concerned. I think he could complete a bubble screen or a 3 yard crossing pattern as easily as Hanson.

This!!

He had already fallen off greatly and I doubt he would have all of a sudden become that really accurate passer again. For a couple games he was great but he hasn't been a great or even good passer the last several weeks.

Just an observation..............

Hanson is much more conservative with the ball than Hendrickson. He doesn't look downfield to often. Lots of short passes and bubble screens, almost a form of a running game.

A good QB moves the chains. Nothing wrong with that. That in mind, I'm not watching so you guys obviously have a better idea of what is going on. I'll take 5-10 yards all day.

Mussman was apparently too pissed off to talk to Ralston at half. Or perhaps embarrassed?

He should be both. Pissed at his defense/special teams and embarrassed that he didn't prepare them well enough. Only thing that worked well is putting in Braden Hanson.

Glad bubba schweigert dont coah here! Our d dont need him. I love this d... bend and break vaby

You are the city on a hill of UND fans. If anyone was going to lead us into a new excitement for the rest of the season, it clearly is you. I sir, am glad to call you a fellow fan!

He had already fallen off greatly and I doubt he would have all of a sudden become that really accurate passer again. For a couple games he was great but he hasn't been a great or even good passer the last several weeks.

I know I sound like a Hendrickson super-homer, but I don't mean to. I have all the confidence in Hanson. I also have confidence in Hendrickson. I just don't like how this played out. Marcus had the lead, then had a 3 and out and Hanson comes to throw a couple dink and dunk passes, then Hendrickson comes in to run it and throw a post pattern down the field. Just make the decision and stick with it is all I have to say.

I think Hendrickson made plays against PSU and SDSU by relying completely on timing. Get the ball, wait 2 seconds, chuck it deep. Cal Poly and EWU have figured this out - disrupt the long routes and you've stopped Hendrickson.

Hanson brings better reads and the ability to adjust. He's the man as far as I am concerned.

Wow our d is so good. In fianlly agreeing with all u rubes... mannsua for promotion!

It only took you 40 minutes from your last post til this one... is that how long it took you to google the name of the D coordinator for the team 70 miles north of the one you cheer for?

Mussman was apparently too pissed off to talk to Ralston at half. Or perhaps embarrassed?

Can anyone refresh my memory, did Mussman get a contract extension recently? I admire his enthusiasm, but his teams seem to be immature and unprepared far too often. EWU is talented, but UND has made numerous mistakes in this game. It should probably be more like 24-17. If the D can hold them to 7 the rest of the way we may have a chance, but I doubt they can do it. Continue to play like this and we may be well below .500 by year end.

I know I sound like a Hendrickson super-homer, but I don't mean to. I have all the confidence in Hanson. I also have confidence in Hendrickson. I just don't like how this played out. Marcus had the lead, then had a 3 and out and Hanson comes to throw a couple dink and dunk passes, then Hendrickson comes in to run it and throw a post pattern down the field. Just make the decision and stick with it is all I have to say.

Coaches typically say that a starter doesn't lose his job if he gets injured. Some coaches actually mean it but a lot don't and it can screw the team either way. I think the vikings win a super bowl if they didn't replace Brad Johnson with Randall Cunnigham, but that is easy to say looking back. I have like what I have seen from both QB's but as far as consistancy and passing I will go with Hansen, but that doesn't mean I would be upset to see Hendrickson on the field.