SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Let's get this thread back on topic:

Three of the 15 people who pleaded guilty to petition fraud charges in Cass County last fall – all three of them former North Dakota State University football players – failed to complete the community service required by their probation agreements, authorities allege in court records.A fourth ex-player among the group of defendants – which at the time the charges were filed in September included 10 current Bison football players and three former players – was accused of checking in for his required community service jobs and then ditching out, once when he was supposed to be filling sandbags in Fargo.

So after spending at least 4 years "studying" at FU these four "forever bison" chose to walk away from their responsibilities and throw their school, team and coach under the bus - which is what they did by making this a public issue once again. Wonder if there will be an asterisk by their name in the FU champions room.

How much have ex-UND hockey players given back from their million dollar contracts?

How much have ex-UND hockey players given back from their million dollar contracts?

I think he meant teh hockies players who actually played in teh league in the US where the canucks play, not the nazi guy.

Once again change the subject - but wow what a misguided and uninformed question. UND has dozens of hockey players that are millionaires that love the school - it is announced quite often how hockey players are funding scholarships, attending fundraisers, coming back to campus and working with local kids and the current team. You are so interested in UND perhaps you should get on the mailing list for the alumni magazine then you would know.

How much do you thing the petition frauds artist will give back - think they'll ever be featured in FU's alumni magainze or that they'll be invited to future FU golf tournaments - if so you better not leave your wallet in the club house.

• Upvote 3

I think he meant teh hockies players who actually played in teh league in the US where the canucks play, not the nazi guy.

j

Sorry you are so jealous of the flagship university in the state of North Dakota. Yup, that's the University of North Dakota. The one that didn't need federal legislation of the land grant to be formed. The one that did not lose regional accreditation. The one that consistently ranks above NDAC academically.

But, in order for you to understand what I wrote, let me change the article "the" to something you apparently will understand:

"Sorry you are so jealous of teh flagship university in teh state of North Dakota. Yup, that's teh University of North Dakota. Teh one that didn't need federal legislation of teh land grant to be formed. Teh one that did not lose regional accreditation. Teh one that consistently ranks above NDAC academically."

Don't thank me. UND graduates are always willing to help the less fortunate from NDAC. :whistling:

You don't need my logic to prove NDSU would beat Bama...your fanbase came up with their own logic after beating Sam Houston. Our defense is better than Bama plus don't forget how SU loves to throw around Sagarin and RPI numbers. Also after I said UND would most likely beat CSU (again most likely means not 100% guarantee) you said doubtful...why?

Using 2013 end of year Sagarin rankings, Colorado State favored by +8 at home vs gFU. Sagarin Rankings CSU 134 vs gFU 149. CSU has a powerful running game and good size on their lines, the key to stopping them was shutting down the running game, and an NDSU stregth. NDSU was not a good matchup for CSU, but if you are not stout up front and if you couldn't stop the run like gFU most of 2013, you'd be in big trouble.

When you predicted a gFU win, was there any knowledge behind that?

Once again change the subject - but wow what a misguided and uninformed question. UND has dozens of hockey players that are millionaires that love the school - it is announced quite often how hockey players are funding scholarships, attending fundraisers, coming back to campus and working with local kids and the current team. You are so interested in UND perhaps you should get on the mailing list for the alumni magazine then you would know.

How much do you thing the petition frauds artist will give back - think they'll ever be featured in FU's alumni magainze or that they'll be invited to future FU golf tournaments - if so you better not leave your wallet in the club house.

Really? Who? I do get the alumni magazine. So now that you have said they do you now have the responsibility of backing up your statement with fact. By the way the golf tourney does not count.

Really? Who? I do get the alumni magazine. So now that you have said they do you now have the responsibility of backing up your statement with fact. By the way the golf tourney does not count.

Not sure why you need to make everything about you and derail conversations or why I indulge in it, especially considering you never back your statements up...

But there was just an article about Matt Greene and his donation. And if you look through the donation list on the Spirit campaign, you'll see a lot of former UND athletes on that list.

Read my post which would exclude Herr Ralph.

What does this have to do with the thread in question? If you're suggesting that UND hockey alumni give less time, talent and treasure back to UND than AC football alumni do to their alma mater, then I have to ask, what's your source? I don't know who gives more? They probably give the same. Who cares?

Or are you just trying to be contrarian again? Stirring the pot for s & g?

• Upvote 1

Using 2013 end of year Sagarin rankings, Colorado State favored by +8 at home vs gFU. Sagarin Rankings CSU 134 vs gFU 149. CSU has a powerful running game and good size on their lines, the key to stopping them was shutting down the running game, and an NDSU stregth. NDSU was not a good matchup for CSU, but if you are not stout up front and if you couldn't stop the run like gFU most of 2013, you'd be in big trouble.

When you predicted a gFU win, was their any knowledge behind that?

What the hell is gFU?

In a halfway effort to get this thread back on topic...again.

How will all the UND fans here who seem to be enjoying NDSU recent legal run-ins respond when a UND athlete trips up?

The same as NDSU fans are enjoying it now. No one is naive enough to think UND athletes are not going to get in trouble, the difference is this petition fraud thing won't go away due to the stupidity of those involved.

The interesting thing is I've seen a lot more UND incidents reported lately and a lot more NDSU ones go unreported, at least as it relates to current athletes.

The same as NDSU fans are enjoying it now. No one is naive enough to think UND athletes are not going to get in trouble, the difference is this petition fraud thing won't go away due to the stupidity of those involved.

The interesting thing is I've seen a lot more UND incidents reported lately and a lot more NDSU ones go unreported, at least as it relates to current athletes.

I disagree, I think there are plenty of fans on this board that are naive to UND players getting in trouble. If they aren't naive they sure are acting as if UND players never get jammed up.

What NDSU athlete run-ins haven't been reported?

In a halfway effort to get this thread back on topic...again.

How will all the UND fans here who seem to be enjoying NDSU recent legal run-ins respond when a UND athlete trips up?

They'll talk about said problems at the bottom of an old Sac State game thread as to not bring attention to said issues. Haven't you been following along?

Not sure why you need to make everything about you and derail conversations or why I indulge in it, especially considering you never back your statements up...

But there was just an article about Matt Greene and his donation. And if you look through the donation list on the Spirit campaign, you'll see a lot of former UND athletes on that list.

The comment was made that the Bison players just turned their backs on their school. I asked how much have those guys with the million dollar contracts have given back to their school. In your list I found two former hockey players that gave. Neither of them signed million dollar contracts. You responded with former athletes and not hockey players. Why? Because I think my point was made that one should not talk about what other former athletes have done to their schools when many UND guys have done no more. I did not derail the conversation. I asked a pertinent question created by the other poster.

I disagree, I think there are plenty of fans on this board that are naive to UND players getting in trouble. If they aren't naive they sure are acting as if UND players never get jammed up.

Those of us who actually pay attention have the constant reminder that is Jerome Beasley. ???

j

Sorry you are so jealous of the flagship university in the state of North Dakota. Yup, that's the University of North Dakota. The one that didn't need federal legislation of the land grant to be formed. The one that did not lose regional accreditation. The one that consistently ranks above NDAC academically.

Don't thank me. UND graduates are always willing to help the less fortunate from NDAC. :whistling:

Thats cute that you are stuck in the 1950's when UND was a flagship.

What NDSU athlete run-ins haven't been reported?

I feel bad for those people. All programs have them and the reflect poorly.

I'm not going to call out college kids by name, but looking through the Forum there has been a handful that have been in the court section and not mentioned elsewhere. Also, it doesn't pertain to just violations of the law either.

I feel bad for those people. All programs have them and the reflect poorly.

I'm not going to call out college kids by name, but looking through the Forum there has been a handful that have been in the court section and not mentioned elsewhere. Also, it doesn't pertain to just violations of the law either.

Yeah too bad the Herald does not run a similar list every week.

I think he means "Grand Forks University".

bFU is ButtFootballUniversity..

Well too bad unlike the Summit League the Big Sky calls teams by their school name, not the city they are in.

• Upvote 1

Yeah too bad the Herald does not run a similar list every week.

Oh they do and they have and they will continue to. (i.e. alcohol violations, suspensions, drug busts, child support neglect, fleeing police, disorderlies, etc.) This usually is all met with much chagrin and feigned incredulity by the Siouxsports community and UND admin. I've perused lots of threads on here about how unfair the GF media was to UND athletes.

We can argue about Kristo's "side" of the frostbite incident and how the media reported it, but, for the most part, accurate accounts of UND athletes' run-ins with the law have and do make the news.