SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

That article more or less says nothing about the players who were charged in December. It was obvious the underage players were going to get minors.

What part of this didn't you see:

Earlier in the week, the school announced captains Andrew MacWilliam, Corban Knight, Danny Kristo and Carter Rowney — all of whom are also at least 21 — would sit out the season-opener on Oct. 19 against Alaska Anchorage.

Their names could have not been mentioned any more than they have been in every article that has come out since October.

Your post said "if the football players" had committed an alcohol related offense, the hammer would have come down. I guess I read it wrong and thought you were referring to the football players.

If the football players had done what the softball players did which involved alcohol and maybe hazing the hammer would have gone down very hard.

Your post said "if the football players" had committed an alcohol related offense, the hammer would have come down. I guess I read it wrong and thought you were referring to the football players.

Exactly. He avoids any topic that deals with the recent football player that got two minors and was never suspended - was it Beck I believe? Somebody, if not him.

What part of this didn't you see:

Their names could have not been mentioned any more than they have been in every article that has come out since October.

Please tell me how this..

Earlier in the week, the school announced captains Andrew MacWilliam, Corban Knight, Danny Kristo and Carter Rowney — all of whom are also at least 21 — would sit out the season-opener on Oct. 19 against Alaska Anchorage.

In anyway refers to how these players may in anyway be potentially charged with any kind of crime, it doesn't even mention that may have potentially committed a crime. I know they were suspended and that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about them getting charged with a Class A Misdemeanor and then having it go unreported for almost two months.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4349107

"You know what, it's disappointing," Bohl said Tuesday, one day after the Bison head coach outlined his team's prospects in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. "Playing athletics here is a privilege and not a right. We have a zero-tolerance policy and we certainly have sent out a consistent message."

Unless its a crime against the state and involves a title run.

Why is it that the Silo Tech fans seem to forget that the Fargo Foolum also owns the GF Herald and decisions are made in Fargo? Also they overlook the fact that many of us here were calling out the Herald for not running the story. They read about the charges here and then did a story. Kind of bad when this website breaks the news and makes Shlos look bad for not writing about in December.

Exactly. He avoids any topic that deals with the recent football player that got two minors and was never suspended - was it Beck I believe? Somebody, if not him.

A minor in the summer isn't a big deal, a team party with potential hazing and underage players ending up in a drunken stupor while school is in session is an infinitely bigger issue.

A minor in the offseason isn't a big deal, a team party with hazing and underage players ending up in a drunken stupor while school is in session is an infinitely bigger issue.

Hazing? Is this something BV made up? Please list where they were charged with hazing.

A minor in the summer isn't a big deal, a team party with potential hazing and underage players ending up in a drunken stupor while school is in session is an infinitely bigger issue.

Obviously all "summer" crimes are not a big deal at FU. We've all seen that first hand.

Well the last player who was charged with a DUI in the summer was kicked off the team.

Wasn't the FU strength and conditioning coach available for extra "conditioning"? Or wasn't said player a "difference maker" that had already been through enough turmoil and scrutiny?

Because they were charged with committing a crime almost two months ago and nothing was said. One player who was charged was never even mentioned in the initial stories. Bisonville and Mike McFeely shouldn't have to force the Herald to do its job.

Today the NDSU softball players were charged and guess when that was reported...today.

Well good for them. The AD of that sport knows how to drop the hammer on her players, unlike Gene (Winning at football is the only priority) Taylor.

Unless of course it is the AD who is suspended. That doesn't make it out unless someone accidentally stumbles upon it.

Please tell me how this..

In anyway refers to how these players may in anyway be potentially charged with any kind of crime, it doesn't even mention that may have potentially committed a crime. I know they were suspended and that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about them getting charged with a Class A Misdemeanor and then having it go unreported for almost two months.

In UND's own press release, Faison directly stated that further punishment may be coming from a variety of places, including the school and law enforcement.

Unless of course it is the AD who is suspended. That doesn't make it out unless someone accidentally stumbles upon it.

In UND's own press release, Faison directly stated that further punishment may be coming from a variety of places, including the school and law enforcement.

Their argument is that the Herald never came out and said the older players were going to be charged with contributing even though they said the minors were going to be charged with possession. I thought it was obvious that the worse crime would also be charged, but in the Herald articles it was never spelled out, either because they thought it was obvious too or because they were protecting the players which is the NDSU position.

UND did everything right, both sides agree with that, the question is if the Herald did a poor job reporting or tried to sugarcoat it.

Either way it doesn't matter to us.

Yup, the NDSU softballers were charged today:

- one with delivery of alcohol to a minor, a Class A misdemeanor

- one with harassment and disorderly counduct, a Class A misdemeanor and a Class B misdemeanor, respectively

- one was referred to the State’s Attorney’s Office for simple assault, but after a review of the case prosecutors concluded Ortega may have a valid claim for self-defense and declined to file a charge

OK, the UND hockey players were dumb; but, if you've given a beer to a person you know was under 21 you've violated the same law, which is just as dumb.

But harassment? And a (declined to file) assault charge (which means something did happen)?

I'd say those NDSU softballers aren't what you'd call "happy drunks".

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/388031/

One last thought on this:

Was FargoBison

(a) truly indignant that the UND story hadn't come out yet and then got burned by the NDSU story coming out the next day, or

(b) did he know the NDSU story was coming out and was trying to temper it by releasing a "bigger" story here first (as we know media reads this)

One last thought on this:

Was FargoBison

(a) truly indignant that the UND story hadn't come out yet and then got burned by the NDSU story coming out the next day, or

(b) did he know the NDSU story was coming out and was trying to temper it by releasing a "bigger" story here first (as we know media reads this)

I'll go with (a) and ©- they are still pissed off about all press they got in the fall and were hoping for something more to come of this.

In reagards to (a)- I find it comical that their fans were e-mailing radio stations to get it on the news, only to have the softball story break later in the afternoon.

In reagards to (a)- I find it comical that their fans were e-mailing radio stations to get it on the news, only to have the softball story break later in the afternoon.

You forgot to mention their campaign to keep the story on the most viewed list on the Forum's website by continuing to pull it up. Combine those with e-mails being sent to UofM's AD about hockey. Yep, the rivalry is dead.

You forgot to mention their campaign to keep the story on the most viewed list on the Forum's website by continuing to pull it up. Combine those with e-mails being sent to UofM's AD about hockey. Yep, the rivalry is dead.

You need to expand on the emails you mention.

I hope Schlos takes note and is now quick to point out all the times things do not get reported at these other schools. Its amazing how quick these schools who no longer care about UND are quick to try and point the finger. Nice response Brad, too bad you had to actually bring facts into the conversation. In college athletics the shoe will at some time be on other foot.