SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

It sounds like Tyler Rogers called UND to commit, but was told his scholarship was filled a day before. That's too bad - he was a pretty good prospect. Funny thing is that he called three days ago, and was told the scholarship was filled by another QB the day before. Wonder if Riddle became solid the day before......

That sucks for both Rodgers and Und. It's what makes recruiting as entertaining as it is though.

I don't know for sure but I would guess the of the 15 on campus this week is mostly guys who may get a last minute scholorship offer if someone (Norberg) decommits at the last minute with an FBS offer. You may also have some PWO type kids and maybe a few guys who haven't made up their mind on a school and we were able to get them on campus and will see what happens. Either way, the coaches sound pretty confident that they are done so hopefully that means no big surprises on Wednesday besides finding out a few unknown names.

Kyle Norberg article: http://www.mchenryco...pnfta/index.xml

And Herald recruiting article: http://www.grandfork...group/homepage/

Two interesting comments on this article.

(1st) 15 recruits on campus this weekend surprising. maybe reporter got it wrong.

(2nd) two not returning Jablonski and kennedy. Muss said that number could grow. Muss also said California is being recruited more. so far one known recruit, must be more to sign.

We will know more on Wednesday but this could be interesting. I like the way we have strengthen our WR and QB. we want to be the premier scoring machine in the division. With better OL our scoring should not dip and maybe increase. wow.

Last years recruits plus with this years recruits on defense should be a big improvement. Gives me hope. Actually a few of our last year losses could have been wins except for a few keys plays. Need a few to step up on D to build the premier defense in the division.

They did not have 15 kids on campus. What a joke. They dont even have 15 in December. There was more like 2-3 on campus.

Nice to hear how we recruited Norberg the right way and he respected our staff so much.

While I agree with you that 15 kids in this weekend seems odd - especially if recruiting efforts are about done. Additionally, it is not inexpensive to bring recruits in so that makes it more confusing - we don't have a FBS-type budget! . However, your statement that "there was more like 2-3 on campus" - how do you know that? When you say "what a joke", are you referring to the recruiting effort or poor reporting?

Lots of questions for you - what do you mean by the didn't even have 15 in December? Are you knocking our recruitng effort or strategy?

Bottom line - I am not disagreeing with you. I would just ask that you clarify the point(s) you are trying to make.

Thanks!

While I agree with you that 15 kids in this weekend seems odd - especially if recruiting efforts are about done. Additionally, it is not inexpensive to bring recruits in so that makes it more confusing - we don't have a FBS-type budget! . However, your statement that "there was more like 2-3 on campus" - how do you know that? When you say "what a joke", are you referring to the recruiting effort or poor reporting?

Lots of questions for you - what do you mean by the didn't even have 15 in December? Are you knocking our recruitng effort or strategy?

Bottom line - I am not disagreeing with you. I would just ask that you clarify the point(s) you are trying to make.

Thanks!

I thought he was saying it was a joke that it was inaccurate

Thanks!

I was stating that Wayne's assertion that their is 15 recruits on campus has to be erroneous. They would never have 15 kids in on the last weekend of the year when they already have 18-20 commits. Do the math. 15 for a weekend is alot. I have heard there might be 2-3 on campus, could be more. I am not knocking anything just clarifying!

I was stating that Wayne's assertion that their is 15 recruits on campus has to be erroneous. They would never have 15 kids in on the last weekend of the year when they already have 18-20 commits. Do the math. 15 for a weekend is alot. I have heard there might be 2-3 on campus, could be more. I am not knocking anything just clarifying!

What about walk ons?

For every walk-on they add there has to be a roster spot. There is usually only 5-6 of those because of that. They can't lose 15-20 players in a year (seniors and otherwise) and add 30-35, doesn't work. Unless there are more defections I would think it would be the usual 5 walk-ons or so.

OK - fully agree. As I noted above, it doesn't make any sense. You might host a handful of kids who are thinking about walking on (not PWO) but you don't spend $ on travel, etc. the last weekend unless it is a kid you really want!

I think Wayne must have been given some bad info!

OK - fully agree. As I noted above, it doesn't make any sense. You might host a handful of kids who are thinking about walking on (not PWO) but you don't spend $ on travel, etc. the last weekend unless it is a kid you really want!

I think Wayne must have been given some bad info!

15 may not sound right but 2-3 kids doesn't make sense either. So they have 10 kids in this weekend and are only offering walk on spots, they certainly will not get all or probably even half of those kids to commit.

just back from the Betty....... a few minutes before the game Coach Mannausau brought and sat in the end bleachers with 2 strapping young men and one set of parents. One wore a lettermen's jacket. The letter was a "C" and the nickname was Chargers on the back. It had the year 2013 so not a JUCO. They only stayed for about 6 minutes of the game and left. I kind of watched the rest of the Mens BB game but didn't notice any more folks obviously on a visit.

15 may not sound right but 2-3 kids doesn't make sense either. So they have 10 kids in this weekend and are only offering walk on spots, they certainly will not get all or probably even half of those kids to commit.

With walk-ons it is probably closer to 8-9 recruits, you're right.

just back from the Betty....... a few minutes before the game Coach Mannausau brought and sat in the end bleachers with 2 strapping young men and one set of parents. One wore a lettermen's jacket. The letter was a "C" and the nickname was Chargers on the back. It had the year 2013 so not a JUCO. They only stayed for about 6 minutes of the game and left. I kind of watched the rest of the Mens BB game but didn't notice any more folks obviously on a visit.

A little research and I found the following. Daniel Polansky, SR captain Goodridge-Gygla Chargers. All State honorable mention. 6'1" 175# 9 man All state and running back of the year

senior yr. 352 carries 2500 yds 30 TD

Junior yr 288 carries 1905 yds 31 TD

This might be a possible recruit.

A little research and I found the following. Daniel Polansky, SR captain Goodridge-Gygla Chargers. All State honorable mention. 6'1" 175# 9 man All state and running back of the year

senior yr. 352 carries 2500 yds 30 TD

Junior yr 288 carries 1905 yds 31 TD

This might be a possible recruit.

Possible. But mannausau is the Wisconsin guy so might be Hamilton high school in Wisconsin as well. How big was the kid?

WR Malcolm Moore going the JUCO route. Actually didn't list UND as offer so may have been inaccurately added to offer list.

Vince Ames, MN Rivals, indicated that both UND and SDSU had offered Moore. However, if there was an offer, I am sure that it was pulled some time ago after we got commitments from Robertson, etc.