SiouxSports.com Forum

SIoux @ Bulldogs!

Kooshnitz

They are a manufactured rival created by the WCHA since we needed to be paired with somebody. They are a just an opponent that UND needs to beat to win/earn points.

That's my point. But the post I quoted seemed to be implying that once the WCHA "paired" us with SCSU, they became a rival. I don't think they are, though, and I don't think many people think of it that way. The only thing "special" about SCSU is what we're guaranteed to play two series a year against them. (Ok, maybe there's something else "special" about SCSU.)

I give The Edge a decent rating. I have stayed at cleaner places but the kids liked it. For a damn good burger check ou The Anchor Bar in Superior. Lots of maritime memorabilia and kid friendly over lunch hour.

6 of us heading to D-town. The Anchor Bar has the best burgers in the area by far!! I lived there for 3 years and everytime we go back for hockey, vacation, etc the Anchor is a for sure stop. Cheap as well. Of course thats just one for sure stop of many in Duluth. We are staying at the Holiday Inn, and we usually hit up Aces (if its still called that?) just a block away I think from hotel.

Biddy why all of the hate? None of us have taken your lunch money... :xmas:

So many things: the fans, the number of titles (I want teams with less titles to win), recruiting (competing for recruits) and just something I don't like. Someone probably did steal my lunch money :D

I am very excited for the games and a packed arena. I'll be on the outlook for UND pleather jackets!

So many things: the fans, the number of titles (I want teams with less titles to win), recruiting (competing for recruits) and just something I don't like. Someone probably did steal my lunch money :D

I am very excited for the games and a packed arena. I'll be on the outlook for UND pleather jackets!

So I have been told there is a bar for between periods to consume adult beverages... Are we going to share can of beer or two?

@Goon what bar is this at? Does Amsoil serve booze or do we have to sneak some in? haha! Wheres everyone pregamming at before? I hear grandmas sports garden has good deals!

Good story about Duluth and sneaking booze in. This pertains to football though. Years ago when we still played Duluth, my buddies and I made the drive and did some tailgating. When it came to be close to kickoff, we all loaded up our winter coats with cans of beer and made our way through the gates. As my buddy went through, a can fell right in front of the ticket takers. The ticket takers made some comment about it being such a cold day, and let him pick it up and go in. We sat in the visitor bleachers (that were 100% FULL of Sioux fans, gotta love our road presence) and drank our beer and saw a Sioux victory. Fun times in Duluth, I've made the trip for hockey a time or two, Grandmas was the hotspot when we went. Old Chicago is always a fun time.

The blue line club has beer - on the lake side of the arena - opposite the main entrance - just outside the gates - anyone can drink there. There is also the curling club in the skyway but you'll need to pay to get in there. Bulldog club and suite ticket holders have their own respective bars in the arena in a corner closest to the lake. Regular peons in the main bowl have to flask it.

Enjoy the games - hope you like the arena - the upper deck is the place to be for great sightlines. Same degree of incline as the old DECC. Not nearly the atmosphere of the old DECC... much like when you guys moved from your old barn, and no amount of complaining will bring the noise/crowd/edge back because we now live in the corpy world, with commercials, advertisements on the jumbotron, and canned music. :( But it is much more comfortable without ceiling tiles falling, toilets overflowing, sticking to the chairs and floor, etc. so I guess that's a plus.

I'm guessing it'll be like a Sioux home game in there - you always bring a huge contingent and it sounds no different this year. Hope you enjoy the bloodbath.

@Goon what bar is this at? Does Amoil serve booze or do we have to sneak some in? haha! Wheres everyone pregamming at before? I hear grandmas sports garden has good deals!

I was told that there is a place to go have a beer between periods like the old DECC. I am trying to get confirmation.

The blue line club has beer - on the lake side of the arena - opposite the main entrance - just outside the gates - anyone can drink there. There is also the curling club in the skyway but you'll need to pay to get in there. Bulldog club and suite ticket holders have their own respective bars in the arena in a corner closest to the lake. Regular peons in the main bowl have to flask it.

Enjoy the games - hope you like the arena - the upper deck is the place to be for great sightlines. Same degree of incline as the old DECC. Not nearly the atmosphere of the old DECC... much like when you guys moved from your old barn, and no amount of complaining will bring the noise/crowd/edge back because we now live in the corpy world, with commercials, advertisements on the jumbotron, and canned music. :sad: But it is much more comfortable without ceiling tiles falling, toilets overflowing, sticking to the chairs and floor, etc. so I guess that's a plus.

I'm guessing it'll be like a Sioux home game in there - you always bring a huge contingent and it sounds no different this year. Hope you enjoy the bloodbath.

I will always remember the old DECC. It was my first ever road hockey game. Great atmosphere!! The seats are right on top of the action!! I will always remember DHG and the rest of the students running around the concourse after UMD scored and then doing the same with my buddies one game and our Sioux flag when we scored!!! I remember tieing the game and running around the arena and being tripped by an old lady, and then less than a minute later we took the lead and we went straight towards the student section to run the flag around again. Security busted that up. Don't think they allowed flags after that year!! I am looking forward to seeing Amsoil up close. Hope to see tons of Sioux fans there!! I wouldn't expect anything less!!

Easy with that talk bigskyvikes might try and tell you your a gopher wannabe lol.

If I took you wrong than sorry, but no matter what you think or say on this down playing a rivalry bit right before the game is standard crap for goof fans and you just repeated that down play on here!

On a SIOUX web page mind you!

You see I DO worry about my heart and blood pressure during the goof series, but I DON'T down play any other rivalry either!

So.......................Go Sioux!!!!!

If I took you wrong than sorry, but no matter what you think or say on this down playing a rivalry bit right before the game is standard crap for goof fans and you just repeated that down play on here!

On a SIOUX web page mind you!

You see I DO worry about my heart and blood pressure during the goof series, but I DON'T down play any other rivalry either!

So.......................Go Sioux!!!!!

It's not down playing a rivalry... Because we don't look at it like a rivalry no matter how much you want it to be. We (the majority of UMD) fans look at the gophers and the badgers as rivalries not und. Most here look at UND as a very talented team with a great tradition/legacy not a rivalry, but if you want it to be/think it is a rivalry more power to ya and I respect what you think even if I disagree. Hope to see ya friday and Saturday should be a good series. Go Bulldogs!

I hope to have a few this weekend...

Heading over on Saturday. Is the "old DECC lobby" the same spot where they had beer at the DECC? If so, it was pretty hard work to get a beer during periods.

So there's two spots - the old DECC lobby and then the beer garden by the lake? Is one better than the other?