SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ UAA

AZSIOUX

Quick observations before I let the dogs out, and hit the sack (Before the five month old wakes me up at 3 AM...)

~Nice start by Eidsness, but I think Dell is in the net tomorrow.

~Nice to see the Sioux able to play four lines for most of the game. Scoring early helped.

~The powerplay was fantastic. Best it has looked all year.

~Turned the puck over a bit too much in the defensive end....but my hat is off to the fellas for the shot blocking. Would love to see how many blocked shots the Sioux had.

Glad I stayed up to watch the win.

It's great that they continued their success from last weekend to start a tough weekend after a long road trip. Even the best Sioux teams struggle in Alaska, so hats off to the guys tonight. Let's see how the legs feel tomorrow and finish the weekend strong for a 2nd straight week.

Rowney! Reviewing...Nelson possible in the crease....Sweeney thinks he was being forced in there.

Sweeney? Uh, if you were listening to UND Radio that would be Tim Hennessy. If you were listening to UAA's television, that'd be UAA's Haider. Glad to see that you caught yourself on that. ;):)

Actually, Haider isn't too bad to listen to.

But good grief, you could string out a red squirrel on crack and meth and put it behind the television camera and get better images.

UND moves up to 22nd in the Pairwise rankings with last night's win.

23 <ahttp://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png' alt=';)'> In all seriousness, it's been well established for over 5 years that committee no longer accepts tie and breaks them according to H2H, but instead strictly ranks teams based on comparisons won and RPI. Only USCHO continues to publish the old way. CHN gets the order the same as we do but still notes that the pairwise comparison are tied (which is probably a smart hedge).

Sweeney? Uh, if you were listening to UND Radio that would be Tim Hennessy. If you were listening to UAA's television, that'd be UAA's Haider. Glad to see that you caught yourself on that. ;):)

Actually, Haider isn't too bad to listen to.

But good grief, you could string out a red squirrel on crack and meth and put it behind the television camera and get better images.

if you notice later on in the thread, I corrected myself.

Time to talk about tonight. I think we'll see a completely different Anchorage team to start the game. I have a feeling coach Shyiak wasn't pleased with his teams performance, and I think they'll come out guns-a-blasin to start the game. Weather the Alaska rush the first part of the game, and then get the puck deep and outwork them in their own end like they did last night.

Every league game from this point on has added importance. I think the Sioux have done a great job winning four of their last five league games to get themselves out of the bottom of the league, but tonight is huge to get them to an even sprint with the middle of the pack teams.

I'll say 3-1 Sioux.