SiouxSports.com Forum

List of the University of North Dakota's Richest Alumni

Cratter

I wish to make this list of UND's richest alumni in chronological order of net worth, but it will be a difficult list to put together. I will need some help..(I am sure these figures have changed or are estimates)

Peter Nygard $817 Million

Mark Chipman: $130+ Million

Rick Burgum: $63 Million

Phil Jackson: $45 Million

Greg Page: $50-60 Million???

Richard Fontaine: $20-30 Million? ???

Dave Fennell: ???

Sally Smith???

Then there is the 10,000 millionaires in North Dakota, with almost 1 in 100 of them worth more than 30 mill, That I am not sure went to UND. ;)

I assume Mark Chipman is worth well over $100 Million. Couldn't find any numbers, but did come across a blog post on NHL.com that he sold the shares of his company for $130 M shortly before he and the wealthiest man in Canada purchased the Thrashers/Jets....................

• Upvote 1

I assume Mark Chipman is worth well over $100 Million. Couldn't find any numbers, but did come across a blog post on NHL.com that he sold the shares of his company for $130 M shortly before he and the wealthiest man in Canada purchased the Thrashers/Jets....................

Thanks list updated.

To encourage discussion on this board. To celebrate the success of our alumni? To bring attention to the potential of our students?

One of the things is many rich people aren't afraid to do it talk money with their families cause they have to do it all the time (in their businesses:negotiating contracts/bids/wages etc). While in other circles it seems taboo.

The topic came up a while ago. I thought it was interesting.

• Upvote 1

What is the purpose of this topic? This looks like a piece right out of the Fargo Forum that target all the miilion dollar homes in the FM area.

If the information on their finances is out there, what is the big deal if it is discussed? It is nice to see North Dakotans and UND graduates do well in their life. And it is interesting to see how they became so successful.

Maybe we need to bring in some of the forensic accountants from down south.

I wish to make this list of UND's richest alumni in chronological order of net worth, but it will be a difficult list to put together. I will need some help..(I am sure these figures have changed or are estimates)

Peter Nygard $817 Million

Mark Chipman: $130+ Million

Dave Fennell: ???

Then there is the 10,000 millionaires in North Dakota, with almost 1 in 100 of them worth more than 30 mill, That I am not sure went to UND. ;)

To be in the top 10, a value of at least $250 mill is probably needed. Those three probably make the list. Strange that they are all Canadian.

Look for founders of companies - even private ones. One of my siblings friends from college is probably on that list. Brighter, nicer, more decent human being would be difficult to find. He started his own business - which is now a semi-national chain - and also owns a regional medical business and an oil field. Gives a lot to charities - mostly faith-based - but periodically do see him listed on UND events.

• Upvote 1

• 6 years later...
14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Where is B John Barry?  Supposedly he has a net worth of over $1 billion.

He was a former owner of multiple banks in Minnesota and Arizona until they were bought out by Norwest later Wells Fargo.  Also owned a significant portion of Sun Country Airlines at one time.

He's the guy everyone in Fargo talks about for having that massive house on Pelican Lakes?

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The one with a guest house bigger than most other cabins?

Between Josh Duhamel's dad having a place,  the Justin Bieber sightings, and the WeFest country artists (forgot the guys name) taking up twitter offers to go wakeboarding,

The DL area is quite the celebrity hangout these days! 

39 minutes ago, Cratter said:

He's the guy everyone in Fargo talks about for having that massive house on Pelican Lakes?

Drive by it frequently in the summer, and it is absolutely massive. Looks like something from Miami beach. Nice sandy spot out front which is a great place to go park the boat.

x0007695qoeu.jpg

• Upvote 1