SiouxSports.com Forum

Mollberg makes it official

Siouxperfan7

Mollberg threw for 419 yds and 3 td's in 41-22 loss to undefeated Hermantown. Brian Labatt caught 7 for 139 yds and a td. Lakers couldn't stop Hawks ground game.

I think between him and Bradley we may see a QB battle next year. If Mollberg's accuracy is better than Bradley start him.

Very excellent news. You almost wish the kid could graduate in December, enroll at UND, and then be in camp for spring ball and start in the fall. I watched some stuff on him on youtube and he looks like he's got a great accurate arm. I'm anxious to see when he'll make his first start for the Sioux.

I would redshirt him. jmo but I would rather keep him here as long as possible. Give Bradley the job for one more year and then Mollberg can step in with one year of practice in the system and try to reduce some of the growing pains of a true freshman QB. I think we all have to remember that no matter how talented the kid is it is still a major step up going from Detroit Lakes to the Big Sky Conference.

Highly doubt they are going to not redshirt him next year - there are academic reasons for redshirting as well. I'm not ready to give up on any of the quarterbacks we have on the team and throw an 18 year old kid into the Big Sky conference - highly doubt the coaching staff is either. But we need something to talk about in the chat rooms.

Not Andrew Luck but big time arm. He is planning on going to summer school and working out with his new teammates to get an early start. He plans to redshirt, learn from Bradley and the other Sioux QB's and play when coaches think he is ready. He is very coachable and will be a great teammate.

I hate the way this sounds, but I wonder why he decided to come to UND over the prospect of playing at a more established program? Was it the Big Sky, or possibly some other factors (ne w facilities) that kept him from shopping around for another FBS team? I'm not hating on the Sioux, I'm just curious how we were able to land a recruit like him.

Great school, great program, great tradition and Big Sky. More importantly great future in store for UND FB. HE will get to be a big part of that. UND FB is getting close and I think he likes the idea of a chance to be the next great UND QB and lead UND to FCS prominence. UND also has more to offer academically than most other schools in the area. He liked the UND coaches and he liked the UND players he met. He grew up watching the Manke brothers at DL and then UND. Good match for Joe. Early commit helps recruiting other kids and we are getting some nice early commits. Big Sky travel to Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, California and Montana is an attractive peice fo the puzzle.

• Upvote 2

I hate the way this sounds, but I wonder why he decided to come to UND over the prospect of playing at a more established program? Was it the Big Sky, or possibly some other factors (ne w facilities) that kept him from shopping around for another FBS team? I'm not hating on the Sioux, I'm just curious how we were able to land a recruit like him.

Never look a Gift Horse in the mouth.