SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

The only people talking about UND moving to the Summit is fans of teams already in the Summit, Jack and FU fans.

Agreed. It seems like Und is satisfied in the Sky, period. So nothing will likely happen.

But, you have to believe that Und will inquire with the Summit/MVFC at some point just due to logistics. I also think that Summit BB could have a big upside (top 15 conf) if ORU came back, and make a push to compete with the new MVC.

Agreed. It seems like Und is satisfied in the Sky, period. So nothing will likely happen.

But, you have to believe that Und will inquire with the Summit/MVFC at some point just due to logistics. I also think that Summit BB could have a big upside (top 15 conf) if ORU came back, and make a push to compete with the new MVC.

I would be fine with the Summit for basketball, if it didn't cost us a football spot. I don't see the MVFC taking UND unless someone leaves. If that happens than who knows which side picks up the phone.

http://sdsufans.com/...-last-Wednesday

Here is what got Bison fans excited (AJ is the SDSU WBB coach):

leeshajo

icon1.png AJ comment at Mitchell QB Club last Wednesday...

Was talking to a coworker tonight who happened to be in Mitchell last Wed. He said AJ (The guest speaker) made a comment along lines of several schools are looking at the Summit right now and figured the news would be good this spring to solidify the league... my friend suggested up to as many as four? schools

Any Mitchell fans there that can expand on what was said? confirm? Deny? etc... just trying to get more info. It was a very reliable source btw.

With AJ, a member of the SDSU athletic department, indicating upcoming new members to the Summit during a formal SDSU speaking engagement, I'd say that's a pretty reliable source. It appears that something solid is in place. I'm sure a lot of ADs will get questions in the coming weeks, and more information will come out.

With AJ, a member of the SDSU athletic department, indicating upcoming new members to the Summit during a formal SDSU speaking engagement, I'd say that's a pretty reliable source. It appears that something solid is in place.

But it from the posters coworker and never exactly quoted what was said.

They are not going to invite you to dinner. You have to ask if its OK if you stay for dinner, and if that's OK, you'll bring some scotch and cigars to show your appreciation. Gee wiz, how do you think these things work? No one is going to stroke your ego with an invite out of the blue, you have to make things happen for yourself through negotiation.

Sounds like top sirloin at Bonanza. No thanks.

It would take Youngstown leaving the MVFC for there to even be a chance of UND having a football home under your plan, Herd.

It does raise the question, however about your motives here... Is it concern for UND's budget or the future existence/vialbility of the Summit?

It is something that whiny little girls who use words like "yippie", carry on their arms. Thanks for asking :p

purse (pûrs)

n.

1. A woman's bag for carrying keys, a wallet, and other personal items; a handbag.

2. A small bag or pouch for carrying money.

3. Something that resembles a bag or pouch.

4. Available wealth or resources; money.

5. A sum of money collected as a present or offered as a prize.

pur·sue

pərˈso͞o/

verb

verb: pursue; 3rd person present: pursues; past tense: pursued; past participle: pursued; gerund or present participle: pursuing

1. <p>

follow (someone or something) in order to catch or attack them.

"the officer pursued the van"

synonyms:
    , run after,
    ; More

;

informal

"I pursued him through the garden"

antonyms:

• seek to form a sexual relationship with (someone) in a persistent way.

"Sophie was being pursued by a number of men"

synonyms:
      , run after, go after; More

informal
      make up to;

dated

"he had been pursuing her for weeks"

• seek to attain or accomplish (a goal), esp. over a long period.

"should people pursue their own happiness at the expense of others?"

synonyms: strive for, work toward,
      , search for, aim at/for, aspire to More

"pursue the goal of political union"

antonyms:

• archaic
      literary

(of something unpleasant) persistently afflict (someone).

"mercy lasts as long as sin pursues man"

[*]

(of a person or way) continue or proceed along (a path or route).

"the road pursued a straight course over the scrubland"

Try again, that NDSUAAS education doesn't seem to be working too well for you.
  • Upvote 1

It would take Youngstown leaving the MVFC for there to even be a chance of UND having a football home under your plan, Herd.

It does raise the question, however about your motives here... Is it concern for UND's budget or the future existence/vialbility of the Summit?

No motives actually, I've just heard a lot of people over here crowing about the demise of the Summit, and I think the Summit will really get on solid footing in the next few years with the addition of Denver and hopefully the return of ORU and other additions. One of the prominent posters here, who is never wrong, even stated that the Summit will lose its autos and have to merge or die.

Do I want UND in the Summit? I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . I think UND in Big Sky helps the perception of NDSU within the state of ND. I think it opens the door for NDSU to be more prominent in the state of ND, and minimizes the competition, especially for FB recruiting. It's probably a matter of perspective . . . does UND in the Big Sky differentiate UND in a positive way, or put UND on an island? As UND has more and more success, it probably makes being the Big Sky a better situation.

At some point, I expect UND to realize that being in a conference with SD, SDSU and NDSU helps them, and their perception in the region. Until then . . . carry on.

No motives actually, I've just heard a lot of people over here crowing about the demise of the Summit, and I think the Summit will really get on solid footing in the next few years with the addition of Denver and hopefully the return of ORU and other additions.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . I think UND in Big Sky helps the perception of NDSU within the state of ND. I think it opens the door for NDSU to be more prominent in the state of ND, and minimizes the competition. It's probably a matter of perspective . . . does UND in the Big Sky differentiate UND in a positive way, or put UND on an island? As UND has more and more success, it probably makes being the Big Sky a better situation.

Is there any positives about the SL lately from NDSU? They went to the dance in 09 people probably have forgotten that, the volleyball team went to the NCAA playoffs now probably couldn't beat Moorhead State. NDSU has football so high the state couldn't care about other sports especially if men's basketball fails to make the dance again. UND is entering its second year of playoff eligibility and BSC play, I think with volleyball on top and with men's basketball just 2 games from the dance last year UND is doing just fine, only football is down and women's basketball is a question mark.

You should know if the SL don't get a DI team they lose a baseball and most likely a basketball autobid...they don't have a "few" years since they are on the NCAA watch list I belive they have a year.

No motives actually, I've just heard a lot of people over here crowing about the demise of the Summit, and I think the Summit will really get on solid footing in the next few years with the addition of Denver and hopefully the return of ORU and other additions.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . I think UND in Big Sky helps the perception of NDSU within the state of ND. I think it opens the door for NDSU to be more prominent in the state of ND, and minimizes the competition. It's probably a matter of perspective . . . does UND in the Big Sky differentiate UND in a positive way, or put UND on an island? As UND has more and more success, it probably makes being the Big Sky a better situation.

The Summit has nothing to do with NDSU perception right now...Its the fact you guys have two, and most likely three soon, National Championships in FCS football. UND leaving the BSC for the Summit/MVFC is a stupid choice to begin with as the league is solid and has the best potential of maybe moving into a new conference level in the future as well.

The Summit has nothing to do with NDSU perception right now...Its the fact you guys have two, and most likely three soon, National Championships in FCS football. UND leaving the BSC for the Summit/MVFC is a stupid choice to begin with as the league is solid and has the best potential of maybe moving into a new conference level in the future as well.

This part is debatable. If a MVFC invitation were part of the deal, UND would certainly have to take a serious look at it. There would be pros and cons to each option. But I've seen no indication from any credible source that the MVFC is even remotely on the table for UND. Until I see credible evidence to suggest it's a real possibility, there is no decision to make and UND should have zero interest in leaving the Big Sky.

• Upvote 1

This part is debatable. If a MVFC invitation were part of the deal, UND would certainly have to take a serious look at it. There would be pros and cons to each option. But I've seen no indication from any credible source that the MVFC is even remotely on the table for UND. Until I see credible evidence to suggest it's a real possibility, there is no decision to make and UND should have zero interest in leaving the Big Sky.

If a MVFC team leaves even that isn't a guarantee UND would get in, if the remaining schools would rather go back to the original schedule and play everyone. Unless Patty V comes out and says the schools will support a UND invite it's not going to happen.

If a MVFC team leaves even that isn't a guarantee UND would get in, if the remaining schools would rather go back to the original schedule and play everyone. Unless Patty V comes out and says the schools will support a UND invite it's not going to happen.

also, the MVC schools will more likely than not resist another Summit League team. that would give the Summit as many members in the MVFC as the MVC

• Upvote 1

If a MVFC invitation were part of the deal, UND would certainly have to take a serious look at it. There would be pros and cons to each option.

But I've seen no indication from any credible source that the MVFC is even remotely on the table for UND. Until I see credible evidence to suggest it's a real possibility, there is no decision to make and UND should have zero interest in leaving the Big Sky.

Nary a better summary of this ever written.

• Upvote 1