SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Plus NDSU isn't actually killing their tournament...one championship in 5 tries. So add that plus location plus facility equals Slummit League.

Personally, I think it is beyond foolish to ridicule NDSU for ONLY winning the Summit tourney once in five attempts. I'm awfully high on North Dakota basketball right now, but I'm not confident enough to assume that UND will do any better in the next 4 years. Forget about the Summit or the Big Sky................. it has been a hell of a long time since either school won the NCC tournament.

The fact that the MVC would even remotely consider UMKC is evidence enough that recent Win-Loss records are probably a miniscule factor when a conference considers expansion.

• Upvote 2

Dom Izzo tweeting that that Illinois-Chicago is going to the MVC, and Oakland is going to the Horizon.....................

So that leaves the Summit at 8 with Denver coming in next year.

And the Summit baseball conference with just 5 teams.

Does the A10 take anyone from the Summit?

PantherU.com tweet:

@PantherU 1h

For those wondering: UIC/Loy/VU talk to MVC, WSU 2 OVC, YSU 2 CAA, DET/CSU 2 A10. Everyone is looking for an out but MKE and GB.

Apparently the guy breaking the story about UIC and Oakland is the beat writer for UW-Green Bay. He says that the Horizon is also targeting UMKC and Denver.

If virtually every Horizon school not in Wisconsin is looking for a way out, this could all just end in some type of merger between the Summit and the Horizon. One autobid to the NCAA Tourney would be lost, but the conferences that are doing the plundering like the A10, MVC, Big East, would all like that because it would open up one more at-large berth for these types of leagues.

So that leaves the Summit at 8 with Denver coming in next year.

And the Summit baseball conference with just 5 teams.

Does the A10 take anyone from the Summit?

Does that mean the SL no longer will be an AQ conference in baseball with 5 members?

I believe they have two years to find a 6th (who is not a current move-up.)

Will the Summit even exist come July 1, 2014?

They would still have 6 starting next year if certain AD's and a certain Commissioner didn't block what the Summit baseball coaches all wanted very badly. :silly:

So now I see Dom and Calliou are "speculating" that the Horizon will look to the Dakota's if they lose any more teams. When the MVC was going to lose a team, they instantly nominated NDSU as a replacement, even though NDSU was not even in the Top 10, as it turned out. Now they are completely making sh*t up again about the Horizon.

They completely ignore geography and the fact that a conference like the OVC is right in the Horizon's backyard and can easily add a team or two from their, if need be.

So now I see Dom and Calliou are "speculating" that the Horizon will look to the Dakota's if they lose any more teams. When the MVC was going to lose a team, they instantly nominated NDSU as a replacement, even though NDSU was not even in the Top 10, as it turned out. Now they are completely making sh*t up again about the Horizon.

They completely ignore geography and the fact that a conference like the OVC is right in the Horizon's backyard and can easily add a team or two from their, if need be.

A tweet indicated that the Horizon has interest in Denver and UMKC. The Horizon has a TV contract, so they have to have bigger markets. Maybe even Omaha would have interest. If Denver goes, down goes the Summit unless we join.

Maybe NDSU and SDSU could join the WAC.

The Big Sky conference looks so sweet right now. I am so glad we decided to not go to the Summit.

And with UND baseball in the WAC there is no more conference hunting. As for Dakota Big 3 (as JBB) would call them...let the speculation of where to end up next continue.

They didn't start the MVC rumors....those came from KC.

I doubt an OVC school would leave for the Horizon...sounds like there is going to be a lot of movement within that conference.

I don't care where they "came from". Dom tweeted 200 times about the MVC and their future movement, score updates, upcoming games, etc. He was all in, which inturn leads the rubes to believe that NDSU had a chance at getting in. Turns out it was a complete farce and now he is moving on to the Horizon with no facts to back it up, again. As members of the media and being supposed journalists, he and Calliou should try to be a bit more accurate than hope and speculation.

• Upvote 1

I don't care where they "came from". Dom tweeted 200 times about the MVC and their future movement, score updates, upcoming games, etc. He was all in, which inturn leads the rubes to believe that NDSU had a chance at getting in. Turns out it was a complete farce and now he is moving on to the Horizon with no facts to back it up, again. As a members of the media and a supposed journalists, he and Calliou should try to be a bit more accurate than hope and speculation.

Dom said about 20 times that he thought the MVC would take ORU, which is probably going to be incorrect but he never really made it seem like it was a slam dunk that NDSU and SDSU were going to join....Two MVC AD's told Dom the MVC had some interest in NDSU so it wasn't like he was speculating wildly.

I doubt an OVC school would leave for the Horizon...sounds like there is going to be a lot of movement within that conference.

If there is one thing we have learned in the past month, Location, Location, Location is still the most important thing.