SiouxSports.com Forum

Ice Breaker Tourney

AZSIOUX

Not a whole lot Dell can do about a couple of those, but the 5th one can't happen. Other than the first line no one is really doing anything. Lots of young faces though, and it will take time.

Ben Blood needs to settle down and try not to do too much. I counted at least four turnovers from him in the defensive end that period. We love you Ben, its a long year, you'll be alright.... :lol:

Watching this game is like watching the last 4 games against BC. Sioux style is brute force, BC is finesse. BC has out manuevered and out passed the Sioux every time they have met. Sioux will never match up well against this style of passing and position play. Hak has not learned a thing the last 5 years. He is still a good and winning coach, but his style will not bring home a NCAA winner. York has shown him up again. I know I will catch hell about this comment, but you cannot argue with results.

• Upvote 1

Watching this game is like watching the last 4 games against BC. Sioux style is brute force, BC is finesse. BC has out manuevered and out passed the Sioux every time they have met. Sioux will never match up well against this style of passing and position play. Hak has not learned a thing the last 5 years. He is still a good and winning coach, but his style will not bring home a NCAA winner. York has shown him up again. I know I will catch hell about this comment, but you cannot argue with results.

I get what you are getting at, but I also think that it is too early in the year to say that he hasn't learned a thing. If this was a team that had mostly played BC before, I would say that I agree. But none of these players were on the team, the last time that we played them and this is a young team. In the third game of the season....second actual NCAA game?

Someone said it in another thread.....Although they are the only offense that we've seen, the top line will need to be split up. You can't have all the eggs in one basket, and I think you create two scoring lines with the addition of Grimaldi to a line with either Nelson or Knight. I think you need to keep Kristo and Knight together, and have Grimaldi play with Nelson. McMillan has looked decent, maybe put him up there.

The play by the veteran defense looks like as big of a problem as our offense in this game. The BC forwards are wide open in front of the net and out working the D in the corners.The only positive ive seen this weekend is from the 1st forward line and some good forchecking by mario. Hopefully BC is just that good of a team

The play by the veteran defense looks like as big of a problem as our offense in this game. The BC forwards are wide open in front of the net and out working the D in the corners.The only positive ive seen this weekend is from the 1st forward line and some good forchecking by mario. Hopefully BC is just that good of a team

You can't overlook how important forwards are to good defense. It's no coincidence that our defense is suffering with all the new forwards on the ice.