darell1976

Who to Blame?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who to blame

• Rep Al Carlson R-Fargo
    • UND President Robert Kelley
    • Big Sky Commish Doug Fullerton
    • Other--you name it.

From this new mess on the Sioux name who is to blame for this mess. I know you could blame a lot of people but who should get most of the blame?

Rep. Al Carlson R-Fargo

Pres. Robert Kelley

Doug Fullerton-Big Sky President

Other

• Downvote 3

From this new mess on the Sioux name who is to blame for this mess. I know you could blame a lot of people but who should get most of the blame?

Rep. Al Carlson R-Fargo

Pres. Robert Kelley

Doug Fullerton-Big Sky President

Other

The NC$$, and its bastardized attempts at social engineering.

• Upvote 1

who cares anymore - plenty to go around - instead who can bring everyone together & solve this once & for all & I don't think anyone on your list can do that

Well you have Al who hasn't read the BSC letter to UND and who is totally clueless, you have Doug Fullerton telling UND you may get booted for your name, but we may gain a bunch more teams to have a 20 some conference with FCS and FBS teams, and you have Robert Kelley and well Bob is Bob. Everyone knows what his position on all this is. I think the only one with a clue on everything is Grant Shaft and Mac Schneider.

I don't have the first hand knowledge that many of the posters on the board have and a lot of my knowledge is based on what I have read on your message board, but it certainly appears that UND President Kelley has some credibility issues. UND had 3 years to reach agreement with the 2 tribes in ND, 3 years. Still only one of the 2 tribes addressed the issue. I am not sure if Kelley was president during this whole 3 year period, but there is absolutely no reason, even with tribal politics, this wasn't resolved. Then the whole Tom Douple/Summit speaking out against the nickname rumors. Now the Fullerton/Big Sky rumors. Hopefully, he has shown better leadership in the non-athletic departments at UND.

The future of any uniiversity requires strong leadership. Likewise, poor leadership can damage an university, and not just athletics, so bad, it takes years to recover. USD's current president, James Abbott, has done a remarkable job rebuilding USD after his predecessor, Betty Turner Asher almost ruined the University. Hopefully, for UND's sake, Kelley is not another Betty Turner Asher.

I don't have the first hand knowledge that many of the posters on the board have and a lot of my knowledge is based on what I have read on your message board, but it certainly appears that UND President Kelley has some credibility issues. UND had 3 years to reach agreement with the 2 tribes in ND, 3 years. Still only one of the 2 tribes addressed the issue. I am not sure if Kelley was president during this whole 3 year period, but there is absolutely no reason, even with tribal politics, this wasn't resolved. Then the whole Tom Douple/Summit speaking out against the nickname rumors. Now the Fullerton/Big Sky rumors. Hopefully, he has shown better leadership in the non-athletic departments at UND.

The future of any uniiversity requires strong leadership. Likewise, poor leadership can damage an university, and not just athletics, so bad, it takes years to recover. USD's current president, James Abbott, has done a remarkable job rebuilding USD after his predecessor, Betty Turner Asher almost ruined the University. Hopefully, for UND's sake, Kelley is not another Betty Turner Asher.

The nickname issue was removed from UND when Kupchella, the last UND president took office. It was up to the SBoHE to get the tribes to agree on the name, not UND.

Others!!!!! Like those former UND presidents and high admins (Clifford/Strinden), legislators and Governors who took for granted that some Sioux Tribe/Band members or PC'ers would never rise up and say anything, and, when they did, the lack of response to the same--that's where it all started and could have been cut off at the pass.

• Upvote 1

Others!!!!! Like those former UND presidents and high admins (Clifford/Strinden), legislators and Governors who took for granted that some Sioux Tribe/Band members or PC'ers would never rise up and say anything, and, when they did, the lack of response to the same--that's where it all started and could have been cut off at the pass.

++++++

Well said CAS. This is something that should have been addressed years ago. Instead it was always a statement saying we will not change the name so deal with it and nothing was done and no consequences were given. Now, UND is looking for something and faces serious consequences if they don't change it. The current leadership at UND has to do whats best for UND now and going into the future. They are playing with the cards they were dealt by others in the past who did nothing to improve relationships.

If the Governor can have a meeting with the NCAA - there is still hope

If they say no then all you Chicken Little's can ask the Legislature to repeal the Law & they will

Until then the sky is not falling

Everyone who wants to keep the name should contact the NCAA - memmert@ncaa.org

There are lots of things that were not said or thought about or considered the last time