SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

As long as GT is the AD the two school will never meet unless its the playoffs. It would be nice to have the two schools meet but since they aren't in the same conference and no trophy to play for (Nickel has been retired) then its just another OOC game. I would rather UND do a Dakota 3 rotation where each year you play a different Dakota team. Playing NDSU is nice but not necessary...not since we are in the Big Sky.

What ever happened with the 2015/2017 home and home deal anyway? Last spring when that came out, it seemed like the official announcement would be right around the corner?

GT killed that when he didn't sign the deal that Faison was sending over.

As Sioux83 stated already, this is straight talking points from the ndsu athletic department, which is adjacent to the chicken coop and 4-H exhibits on campus.

This Kolpack propaganda started during the transition, and has only gotten worse over the last 5 years. He is totally in the bag for ndsu and completely unreliable for objective opinion on anything. Worthless.

He is using his profession and once reliable newspaper outlet as his own personal soundboard for ndsu cheerleading.

As long as GT is still there, an excuse to not schedule us will always be there. When he leaves, we can start with the game again.

• Upvote 1

As Sioux83 stated already, this is straight talking points from the ndsu athletic department, which is adjacent to the chicken coop and 4-H exhibits on campus.

This Kolpack propaganda started during the transition, and has only gotten worse over the last 5 years. He is totally in the bag for ndsu and completely unreliable for objective opinion on anything. Worthless.

He is using his profession and once reliable newspaper outlet as his own personal soundboard for ndsu cheerleading.

As long as GT is still there, an excuse to not schedule us will always be there. When he leaves, we can start with the game again.

NDSU fans blame UND for stopping the football rivalry. When NDSU was in the GWFC they needed opponents and UND would be a good choice, but when the MVFC sucked in SDSU and NDSU...would NDSU still have play UND in 2008 when UND was considered a non-counter? Would UND be on their schedule every year forcing them 5 home games. Or would GT have cancelled the series himself. If its no GT would've never done that then why aren't the teams playing every year now. Its all about you f*d me so I am going to **** you right back. Even though no one associated with UND in 2003 is there today and on the NDSU side only Gene Taylor remains...hmmm.

NDSU fans blame UND for stopping the football rivalry. When NDSU was in the GWFC they needed opponents and UND would be a good choice, but when the MVFC sucked in SDSU and NDSU...would NDSU still have play UND in 2008 when UND was considered a non-counter? Would UND be on their schedule every year forcing them 5 home games. Or would GT have cancelled the series himself. If its no GT would've never done that then why aren't the teams playing every year now. Its all about you f*d me so I am going to **** you right back. Even though no one associated with UND in 2003 is there today and on the NDSU side only Gene Taylor remains...hmmm.

Wasn't Craig Bohl their coach in 2003? Unless you are just referring to Presidents and AD's...

Wasn't Craig Bohl their coach in 2003? Unless you are just referring to Presidents and AD's...

I was. I don't think Bohl or Lennon was involved in killing the series. Although Lennon may have imputed that it would hurt UND in the DII playoffs by playing a non DII team. (stupid NCAA rule)

Kolpack's latest dribble...http://www.grandfork...icle/id/245400/

At the Bison Media Blog Kolpack tells of a heart-warming story of the great work Bison players do in the community.

You have got to be kidding me. He has no shame. When the Bison football team is down in the court of public opinion, he immediately comes back with a community service article to tell how great they all are. Loser.

He throws this in there at the end, completely unfounded: "I’m sure there are other Bison players doing the same type of community service".

• Upvote 1

At the Bison Media Blog Kolpack tells of a heart-warming story of the great work Bison players do in the community.

You have got to be kidding me. He has no shame. When the Bison football team is down in the court of public opinion, he immediately comes back with a community service article to tell how great they all are. Loser.

He throws this in there at the end, completely unfounded: "I’m sure there are other Bison players doing the same type of community service".

Ask Best Buy what Bison players did for them.

I was. I don't think Bohl or Lennon was involved in killing the series. Although Lennon may have imputed that it would hurt UND in the DII playoffs by playing a non DII team. (stupid NCAA rule)

I think that every other coach, in common sports, has turned over since that point in time. When NDSU began the transition, their favorite phrase for their football team was "anyone, anytime". I guess they need to update that a bit to "Anyone, anytime...except for UND and Oklahoma...or any other team that has a better than 50-50 chance at beating us." :)

• Upvote 1

I think that every other coach, in common sports, has turned over since that point in time. When NDSU began the transition, their favorite phrase for their football team was "anyone, anytime". I guess they need to update that a bit to "Anyone, anytime...except for UND and Oklahoma...or any other team that has a better than 50-50 chance at beating us." :)

No need for smilies. GT has come out and said they only schedule teams they think they can beat. Hence the FBS teams with losing records every year. There is nothing to argue, he flat out said it.

I would like to move on but there is one problem with that...Bison fans will follow us wherever we go. In the past this was a theory but since we have moved to the Big Sky it has become a fact. It doesn't matter if UND is talked about here, AGS, or ESPN, Bison fans have been following and always feel the need to interrupt good conversation with smack or propaganda.

If you don't believe me go to the ESPN Scoreboard and click on the conversation button under the UND / Sac State scoreboard. Also go to AGS and click on the Big Sky power rankings thread, or any other threat thread that mentions UND in the title.

*There are some great Bison fans out there but the trolls always seem to steal the spotlight.

• Upvote 3

I hate to be mean-spirited about it all, but technically NDSU is superior to all of it's peers. Being reigning national champs and all that is a bragging right NDSU fans get to carry with them until a new champion is crowned.

Unfortunately, NDSU fans have that attitude and treat other people just as poorly when NDSU is 3-8 as they do when they win the title. NDSU fans have built a tradition of these attitudes. That is one of the things that separate NDSU fans from any others.
  • Upvote 1

Next year they host Montana State, their first non-cupcake OOC game since South Dakota in 2010 (I believe its 2 for 1 since 2015 they host USD in non-conference game). 2014 they host Montana in a home and home (return game is 2015). But it took how many games of cupcake OOC games to get these teams to play.

I would like to move on but there is one problem with that...Bison fans will follow us wherever we go. In the past this was a theory but since we have moved to the Big Sky it has become a fact. It doesn't matter if UND is talked about here, AGS, or ESPN, Bison fans have been following and always feel the need to interrupt good conversation with smack or propaganda.

If you don't believe me go to the ESPN Scoreboard and click on the conversation button under the UND / Sac State scoreboard. Also go to AGS and click on the Big Sky power rankings thread, or any other threat thread that mentions UND in the title.

*There are some great Bison fans out there but the trolls always seem to steal the spotlight.

Last week they clogged up the UND/SDSU conversation button on ESPN. Its going to be an every week thing. Just look at all the UND fans clogging up the NDSU/Prairie View conversation button....oh thats right we don't do that.

What he fails to mention is how much of it is court mandated...

In reality, there are a lot of the athletes from both schools (and elsewhere too) that do a lot of good in the community through volunteering and mentoring and don't ask for or want any recognition for it.

Is there something wrong with a beat writer putting a nice article in the paper about a team that has received some negativity? I'm sure UND writers have done similar things. Nice to read that some of them are doing a nice job in the community.

Is there something wrong with a beat writer putting a nice article in the paper about a team that has received some negativity? I'm sure UND writers have done similar things. Nice to read that some of them are doing a nice job in the community.

It is nice, but when some of the players helping the community is also defrauding them at the same time...

Unfortunately, NDSU fans have that attitude and treat other people just as poorly when NDSU is 3-8 as they do when they win the title. NDSU fans have built a tradition of these attitudes. That is one of the things that separate NDSU fans from any others.

I realize we could have this conversation for many, many years and still not agree on things and I am fine with that. But please realize that you are a fan of the other side of one of the biggest rivalries in the entire country and your opinion of Bison fans, however objective you may feel you are being, is skewed.

Next year they host Montana State, their first non-cupcake OOC game since South Dakota in 2010 (I believe its 2 for 1 since 2015 they host USD in non-conference game). 2014 they host Montana in a home and home (return game is 2015). But it took how many games of cupcake OOC games to get these teams to play.

Who has UND scheduled OOC that you feel your scheduling has been superior to NDSU's?

Its our first year out of the transition and they scheduled SD Mines, Portland State and San Diego State. Next year, Valparaiso, South Dakota State, and Montana.

Ok, how is that different than how NDSU has handled scheduling? Montana is technically OOC, but UND has a natural in road to get that game scheduled due to your conference affiliation.

That schedule looks pretty similar to the way NDSU schedules, not sure where the differences are?

2008 OOC for NDSU compares to this year for UND. Austin Peay, Central Connecticut and Wyoming. 2009 Iowa State, Sam Houston State, Wagner.

Looks like a wash to me, if not NDSU having a more difficult second year of transition schedule due to the FBS game.

Ok, how is that different than how NDSU has handled scheduling? Montana is technically OOC, but UND has a natural in road to get that game scheduled due to your conference affiliation.

That schedule looks pretty similar to the way NDSU schedules, not sure where the differences are?

I don't even know how to respond to this. Look at the OOC teams again for NDSU the past couple years and come back.

EDIT: I was referring to your OOC schedules for the last two years. The first two years are similar. They have obviously gotten much worse as you showed above.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Look at the OOC teams again for NDSU the past couple years and come back.

EDIT: I was referring to your OOC schedules for the last two years. The first two years are similar. They have obviously gotten much worse as you showed above.

Feel free to look at our OOC the next couple of years.

@K-State

Montana State

Western Carolina

@Iowa State

Montana

South Dakota